Legal advice for leaseholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we need some context.

When the answer to someone's question seems so blindingly obvious, there's usually a reason it's being asked which makes it less obvious.

Have you read some of the other threads and posts to see how this forum works?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

So you think I am asking a question that I already know the answer to? Well sort of- I think the surface of the roof is the felt etc and I think as it is demised to the flat upstairs it is their responsibility to fix the leak. However they and the other 3 flat owners are disputing this and are saying the surface means the decking they have installed and that the roof underneath it is the responsibility of the Landlord. ( or our RTM company) So they are interpreting the lease in the opposite way to me. If it’s bleeding obvious please tell me. It makes a big difference to whether I pay towards it or not.

Comment

To keep water from entering a roof, you do not build a roof with an after market decking.
        Decking, I assume is wooden planks with gaps ( normally ) in between. Please answer.

The decking will be placed ON the waterproof covering. If you remove the decking, is there then no roof, ? and you will fall through ? the open space -- 100% your answer will be no.

Decking WILL have been added after the building was built. and decking is not a waterproof covering.

Tell the Freeholder you will not be paying for repairing the WATERPROOF covering, and to take you to court if all above is fact.

Comment

Thank you- that’s exactly it yes. The decking is wooden planks. It seems very obvious to me that being liable for repairs to the surface of the roof does of course mean the waterproof covering but my neighbours don’t. Thank you for confirming what I think I already knew. It’s not the freeholder making us do the repair- we agreed as an RTM company as it’s a long on going issue that needs sorting once and for all. If it stops water getting in to my flat then that’s the main aim but I can now be firm about insisting it is actually their responsibility if we have any further problems. Thanks again

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X