Selling and buying flat -share transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling and buying flat -share transfer

I understand that a condition of ownership of a flat that the new tenant becomes a member of the company and the old tenant transfers the share.

Therefore If there are two tenants of a single flat (e.g. husband and wife) then they will own the share jointly.

I understand that there has been a shift in Companies House policy recently on joint subscribers. Their current view, based on their interpretation of the law, is that a subscriber must be one legal person, either an individual or a company. Be aware that applications for property management company incorporations should only include one of the tenants.

Has this been applied to and does that mean only the director/ shareholder can attend all the board and shareholder meetings.

Do we not/invite the other tenant the husband at the same address? Do they have any say in the decision making or able to vote?

That will depend entirely on your article of association.

Comment

Sorry I dont quite understand the Transmission of shares bit in the Model Articles...it states " but transmittees do not have the right to attend or vote at a general meeting" does this apply to the husband?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X