Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 20 Process and Cost Overruns

Quick question:

A job needs doing on the leasehold building I'm involved in managing. Our favoured estimate is just below the section 20 threshold. If we give the go-ahead to the contractor and there's some additional cost involved as the work progresses, do we have a S20 problem, or are we ok?

My working assumption is that the threshold is based on estimates BEFORE doing the work, but would like to double check.

Thanks.

You should include a contingency figures, which will, presumably, take it over the limit.

Comment

I take it by "section 20 threshold" you mean carrying out works without having to consult leaseholders? If additional costs are likely to occur, why not issue a section 20 notice to be on the safe side?

Comment

Originally posted by TruthLedger View Post
        I take it by "section 20 threshold" you mean carrying out works without having to consult leaseholders? If additional costs are likely to occur, why not issue a section 20 notice to be on the safe side?
        The only reason is that it’d delay things, and the work is fairly urgent (major gutter repairs).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X