Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freehold title in lease

Hi All,

In my long leasehold lease the landlords title number does not match the title number in the freehold offical copy.

The freehold title is registered on land registry and my lease title number is shown on this freehold title BUT on the lease it has a freehold title number that does not match the one registered (if you search the one in my lease it does not come up on the register).

I can only infer this as a mistake in the lease - the freehold title has been inserted int he lease incorrectly.

I am now worried this may have an impact on my lease and make it void?

There is nothing to worry about as your lease is registered. The likely explanation is that when the lease was granted the freehold title out of which the lease was granted contained more land than it does today.

Example:

Freeholder owns 23 and 25 Oaktree Lane registered under Title No. YB31245. He grants a lease of the first floor flat of 23 and the lease refers to Title No. YB31245. He later sells the freehold of 25 but retains 25. 23 will need a new title number, say YB39758. The title to the lease of the first floor flat of 23 is not affected. On the sale one would expect 25 to retain the title number YB31245, but at some stage the owner may have bought 27 and asked the Registry to amalgamate the two properties under a single title when a new number would have been allocated.

There may be some other explanation.

Comment

Thanks for reply!

When I search for the landlords title number included in my lease on land registry it does come up. Once the freehold title has been amended are dormant titles removed from the land registry search?
      Would my lease need to be amended or is it sufficient that my lease is registered on title and also registered on the landlords freehold title, even though the landlords title number it is registered on does not match my lease.

Comment

Sorry I meant to say:

When I search for the landlords title number included in my lease on land registry it does NOT come up. Once the freehold title has been amended are dormant titles removed from the land registry database or can you view old archives? This would be the easiest way for me to confirm it was a title split?

Would my lease need to be amended or is it sufficient that my lease is registered on title and also registered on the landlords freehold title, even though the landlords title number it is registered on does not match my lease.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X