surveyor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surveyor question

In any dispute between FH LL and Tenant, if LL wants to make a claim for repairs - as per terms of lease - are they legally obliged to use a RICS surveyor or can they use a building co to create a breach/ remedy schedule for lawyers???

Don't know. I would use a RICS surveyor. Some will advise on lease responsibilities. I would try not to get tangled up with lawyers, money pit.

Comment

have to use lawyer if want to serve

Comment

Hopefully it could be kept out of court if you have a strong case. Yes a solicitor may be needed but be careful. Thousands can be spent without a definite outcome. I've seen it !

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Converting front garden into a driveway.
          by Section20z
          I think paving could be argued to be a normal use of a garden, (bearing in mind it will need to be permeable anyway for building regs) If the other 2 flats aren't going to complain then I'd be inclined to just do it.
          What's the worst that can happen.......
          31-03-2020, 21:39 PM
        • Converting front garden into a driveway.
          by ForumFirstTimer
          Hello,

I purchased my ground floor flat last year, its a converted house with 3 flats in. It has a small front garden which is 100% mine within the lease, but it is large enough that it would fit a car on it.

The 'Garden' right now it just patchy weeds.

My question...
          30-03-2020, 15:09 PM
        • Sole Director
          by Stacker
          Hope you are all healthy and safe!....our AOA state that a quorum is required. The sole director has appointed another director, without one shareholder knowing about the meeting my question is would the meeting have been quorate and could the company secretary act ( one they hire not a member) be part...
          29-03-2020, 10:41 AM
        • Reply to Sole Director
          by Stacker
          The articles clearly sate no decisions to be taken unless the meeting is quorate meaning directors - the board, the same for shareholder meetings. A sole director can impose his sole authority if he is the only shareholder however the company has AOA which clearly state all meetings are to be quorate...otherwise...
          31-03-2020, 12:55 PM
        • Reply to Sole Director
          by Stacker
          Sorry leaseholder 64 that is wrong...
          31-03-2020, 12:51 PM
          by Lawcruncher
          They may not "need" payment. It depends on what the lease says. There are three possibiities:

┬Ě The lease says nothing about making alterations or additions or. if it does, the changes you propose are not covered. In that case you can go ahead without asking the landlord....
          31-03-2020, 08:37 AM
        • Recourse for work we paid out based on freeholder's incorrect advice
          by eshroom
          When my mum bought her flat exactly 5 years ago, she discovered an issue with the buildings wast pipe, which was under her basement flat. It had been leaking and caused a foul smell.

She informed the freeholder of the urgent drain issue and they said it was not something for them to investigate...
          30-03-2020, 21:50 PM
          by ForumFirstTimer
          thanks for your reply.

What would they specifically need payment for? The fact that it's going to be used as a driveway or because I am changing the front garden from grass (solid and weeds) to paving?

thanks
          30-03-2020, 21:11 PM
          by nukecad
          You would need the freeholders permission for a start, and if they allow you then they will probably want payment for that.
          30-03-2020, 19:50 PM
        • Reply to Pansies before people
          by ram
          I have had to borrow money to keep afloat ( One does not use ones capital till it's all gone. one takes out loans, and keeps his capital - that's how I do it. )...
          30-03-2020, 17:48 PM
        Working...
        X