Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not if required by the lease

Comment

Doing the land registry search for 40 flats will cost you £120 and, I don't believe they provide the leaseholder's contact number. The cheaper option will be to knock on doors or post a letter through the letter box, regarding the roof, asking them to get in touch or have the leaseholder get in touch if the flat is being rented out. Which other flats have the roof above them? I would probably first knock on their doors to get the ball rolling.

Comment

Of course repairs are required by the lease. Previous management were very prompt, someone would have come next day and repair done without delay.

This guy took over the management 2 years ago and to date no single correspondence letter or statement from him, cowboy operation. Companies house accounts for 2018 and 2019 is empty showing £34 capital and reserves for both, it's a joke.

Most if not all are rented, leaseholders don't live there. I don't believe leaseholders not affected by the leak will make a fuss if I contact them.

My flat is top floor, leak is from the corner, the only one affected. But if rain water is coming into the roof for a while, timber structure is getting soaked and if wood gets rotten, the whole pitch roof and joists will collapse costing lives, disastrous consequences.

I am planning to inform the local council and consider legal action.

From my conversation, he sounded he doesn't care, playing games, blaming previous management and others, delaying tactics, more importantly no action or plan to, he claims he had a surveyor report and yet to email me so it's a fib, basically a conman. I will make the trip to the company address to view documents but it is a house and no one will be there.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Converting front garden into a driveway.
          by Section20z
          I think paving could be argued to be a normal use of a garden, (bearing in mind it will need to be permeable anyway for building regs) If the other 2 flats aren't going to complain then I'd be inclined to just do it.
          What's the worst that can happen.......
          31-03-2020, 21:39 PM
        • Converting front garden into a driveway.
          by ForumFirstTimer
          Hello,

I purchased my ground floor flat last year, its a converted house with 3 flats in. It has a small front garden which is 100% mine within the lease, but it is large enough that it would fit a car on it.

The 'Garden' right now it just patchy weeds.

My question...
          30-03-2020, 15:09 PM
        • Sole Director
          by Stacker
          Hope you are all healthy and safe!....our AOA state that a quorum is required. The sole director has appointed another director, without one shareholder knowing about the meeting my question is would the meeting have been quorate and could the company secretary act ( one they hire not a member) be part...
          29-03-2020, 10:41 AM
        • Reply to Sole Director
          by Stacker
          The articles clearly sate no decisions to be taken unless the meeting is quorate meaning directors - the board, the same for shareholder meetings. A sole director can impose his sole authority if he is the only shareholder however the company has AOA which clearly state all meetings are to be quorate...otherwise...
          31-03-2020, 12:55 PM
        • Reply to Sole Director
          by Stacker
          Sorry leaseholder 64 that is wrong...
          31-03-2020, 12:51 PM
          by Lawcruncher
          They may not "need" payment. It depends on what the lease says. There are three possibiities:

· The lease says nothing about making alterations or additions or. if it does, the changes you propose are not covered. In that case you can go ahead without asking the landlord....
          31-03-2020, 08:37 AM
        • Recourse for work we paid out based on freeholder's incorrect advice
          by eshroom
          When my mum bought her flat exactly 5 years ago, she discovered an issue with the buildings wast pipe, which was under her basement flat. It had been leaking and caused a foul smell.

She informed the freeholder of the urgent drain issue and they said it was not something for them to investigate...
          30-03-2020, 21:50 PM
          by ForumFirstTimer
          thanks for your reply.

What would they specifically need payment for? The fact that it's going to be used as a driveway or because I am changing the front garden from grass (solid and weeds) to paving?

thanks
          30-03-2020, 21:11 PM
          by nukecad
          You would need the freeholders permission for a start, and if they allow you then they will probably want payment for that.
          30-03-2020, 19:50 PM
        • Pansies before people
          by D P Dance
          The managing agents of one of my rental properties, who have been vilified on Trust Pilot, when asked if they are considering relief for landlords whose tenants have defaulted on their rent have refused point blank to consider offer help and have told me I quote

.. you need to accept the...
          24-03-2020, 13:24 PM
        Working...
        X