Leasehold flat - who should pay for buildings insurance valuation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasehold flat - who should pay for buildings insurance valuation?

Hi All,

As with most things leasehold I am sure i know the answer to this, as it always seems to be the leaseholder pays for everyting however I thought I woul dcheck with the experts first...

I have aleasehold flat and have just been hit with a portion of a bill for an insurance valuation. I always pay my portion of the buildings insurance but is it my responsibility to pay for the valuation? I have checked my lsease and there is nothing specific regarding insurance valuations and who should pay for them.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
    SD

Sounds legit, one of the many things a LH building pays for where a private home would use online estimate or get unlimited policy.

Simple rule of thumb - you pay

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Your rule of thumb seems to be the usual. I just wanted to check if there should be a specific note in the lease to this effect or it if it just generally accepted that a LH will pay for it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Converting front garden into a driveway.
        by Section20z
        I think paving could be argued to be a normal use of a garden, (bearing in mind it will need to be permeable anyway for building regs) If the other 2 flats aren't going to complain then I'd be inclined to just do it.
        What's the worst that can happen.......
        31-03-2020, 21:39 PM
      • Converting front garden into a driveway.
        by ForumFirstTimer
        Hello,

I purchased my ground floor flat last year, its a converted house with 3 flats in. It has a small front garden which is 100% mine within the lease, but it is large enough that it would fit a car on it.

The 'Garden' right now it just patchy weeds.

My question...
        30-03-2020, 15:09 PM
      • Sole Director
        by Stacker
        Hope you are all healthy and safe!....our AOA state that a quorum is required. The sole director has appointed another director, without one shareholder knowing about the meeting my question is would the meeting have been quorate and could the company secretary act ( one they hire not a member) be part...
        29-03-2020, 10:41 AM
      • Reply to Sole Director
        by Stacker
        The articles clearly sate no decisions to be taken unless the meeting is quorate meaning directors - the board, the same for shareholder meetings. A sole director can impose his sole authority if he is the only shareholder however the company has AOA which clearly state all meetings are to be quorate...otherwise...
        31-03-2020, 12:55 PM
      • Reply to Sole Director
        by Stacker
        Sorry leaseholder 64 that is wrong...
        31-03-2020, 12:51 PM
        by Lawcruncher
        They may not "need" payment. It depends on what the lease says. There are three possibiities:

┬Ě The lease says nothing about making alterations or additions or. if it does, the changes you propose are not covered. In that case you can go ahead without asking the landlord....
        31-03-2020, 08:37 AM
      • Recourse for work we paid out based on freeholder's incorrect advice
        by eshroom
        When my mum bought her flat exactly 5 years ago, she discovered an issue with the buildings wast pipe, which was under her basement flat. It had been leaking and caused a foul smell.

She informed the freeholder of the urgent drain issue and they said it was not something for them to investigate...
        30-03-2020, 21:50 PM
        by ForumFirstTimer
        thanks for your reply.

What would they specifically need payment for? The fact that it's going to be used as a driveway or because I am changing the front garden from grass (solid and weeds) to paving?

thanks
        30-03-2020, 21:11 PM
        by nukecad
        You would need the freeholders permission for a start, and if they allow you then they will probably want payment for that.
        30-03-2020, 19:50 PM
      • Pansies before people
        by D P Dance
        The managing agents of one of my rental properties, who have been vilified on Trust Pilot, when asked if they are considering relief for landlords whose tenants have defaulted on their rent have refused point blank to consider offer help and have told me I quote

.. you need to accept the...
        24-03-2020, 13:24 PM
      Working...
      X