Selling Lease to Freehold Ltd Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling Lease to Freehold Ltd Company

I own 3 of 4 flats (leases) in a building and am 75% shareholder in the Ltd Company that owns the freehold. My neighbour (who owns the other lease and 25%) wants to sell up. I am interested in buying. Can he sell his lease to the Ltd Company instead of me privately, making me 100% shareholder, and owner of all 4 leases in the building? The reason I ask is that I want to then begin using the Ltd company to rent this and future properties under?

If he sells to the company you will only own three leases and the company will own one. Have I missed something?

Whilst the company cannot grant a lease to itself, I think if its memorandum of association allows, it can have one of its leases assigned to it.

Have you considered a surrender of the lease?

Comment

The purpose of the company owning the freeholder part of the 4 leases is to manage the building under the terms of the leases (of which you will own three). It has nothing to do with your private letting business. You can't muddle the two things together.

Comment

Yes, the Ltd Company can buy the 4th flat. but you will still own 3 flats under your own name.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Applying to Tribunal
          by Paulsen
          “Following the expiry of this letter and neither a response nor payment being made, we will continue to collect the arrears in full” this is what it states at the end of the letter. £100 ground rent and £250 fees.

They are acting on behalf of the freeholders, but the managing agent...
          21-01-2020, 00:34 AM
        • Applying to Tribunal
          by Paulsen
          I have a complicated history with my managing agent and I have written a few times on here. They have issued debt collecting for “unpaid” ground rent and I don’t think I have an option but to apply to the Tribunal.
          They issued a letter suggesting to use my insurance payment of £3997 against...
          17-01-2020, 15:14 PM
          by fos333
          If they have put your account on hold again it should not be a problem.

Did the letter not contain 'Following the expiry of this letter and neither a response nor payment being made, we will (where applicable) notify the parties with a registered financial interest on HM Land Registry of...
          21-01-2020, 00:04 AM
          by leaseholder64
          Lenders often ask to be informed at an early stage, so I would say they can, and if they are in the habit of it, will do so early.
          20-01-2020, 23:52 PM
          by Paulsen
          Yes the letter from DCA did say to only communicate with them which I have done and they have put the account on hold. I received an email today saying I need to pay them, but I rang again and forwarded the letter from the agent where they are suggesting using my insurance money towards costs. I also...
          20-01-2020, 23:30 PM
          by fos333
          ARMA will not be the redress scheme for your MA, it will be either The Property Ombudsman or Property Redress Scheme.

Google 'leasehold redress schemes' and the information you require is there.

The old MA will be regulated by ARMA who may look at your issues as you already...
          20-01-2020, 22:47 PM
        • Being removed as a director from freeholder company
          by surreygirl
          I have just had a notification that I and the rest of the Directors have been removed as Directors from the Company. We have a Managing Agent now and he sent out an email a week ago to say he is now ready to "Manage" the property and has called a meeting for next month to discuss the work...
          20-01-2020, 14:42 PM
        • Reply to Being removed as a director from freeholder company
          by surreygirl
          Yes I am. I have checked thank you!!...
          20-01-2020, 21:57 PM
        • Reply to Being removed as a director from freeholder company
          by surreygirl
          Thank you all for your comments. Very interesting. The Agent did come back to me and say that we had been put down as owning more the 25% and that was incorrect and so we have been removed as "a person with significant control".

But thank you all for your interest and comments....
          20-01-2020, 21:57 PM
        • Reply to Law Commission's suggested schemes For Leasehold reform
          by TruthLedger
          The doubling of ground rent over a certain period REALLY needs to done away with and so is marriage value and hope value. I also like the idea of not having to pay future ground rent. Of course, it's down to the government to pick and choose from the Law Commission's suggestions and hope for our best...
          20-01-2020, 19:45 PM
        Working...
        X