Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADR notice?

Hi all,
    We have a dispute with our former managing agents and according to our contract, we need to initiate mediation by giving an ADR notice to the agency. (We have already attempted direct negotiation.)
    What is an ADR notice and how does it need to be worded?
    Who chooses/appoints the mediator?
    Any info on this process would be gratefully received.

Also, as they are no longer our agents, do we actually still need to follow the contracted dispute resolution procedure or can we go straight to the ombudsman?

I think probably bound by previous contract. When it was being considered for a dispute I found out the most by googling A DR in my area and going on the websites of various forms who offered mediation.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Block of flats/maisonette- Freehold enfranchisement valuation disagreement
      by Angrybird2017
      Hi
      We currently in progress of purchasing the freehold from the freeholder. We already have our ‘Acceptance Notice Served’ and we have a majority (17 out of 26 leaseholders served an acceptance notice).

Now, we work on ‘Nomination Notice Served’. Currently, we have 4 different...
      16-02-2020, 23:11 PM
    • Freehold title in lease
      by propertyboy
      Hi All,

In my long leasehold lease the landlords title number does not match the title number in the freehold offical copy.

The freehold title is registered on land registry and my lease title number is shown on this freehold title BUT on the lease it has a freehold title number...
      16-02-2020, 15:06 PM
    • Reply to Freehold title in lease
      by propertyboy
      Sorry I meant to say:

When I search for the landlords title number included in my lease on land registry it does NOT come up. Once the freehold title has been amended are dormant titles removed from the land registry database or can you view old archives? This would be the easiest way for...
      16-02-2020, 22:16 PM
      by propertyboy
      Thanks for reply!

When I search for the landlords title number included in my lease on land registry it does come up. Once the freehold title has been amended are dormant titles removed from the land registry search?
      Would my lease need to be amended or is it sufficient that my lease...
      16-02-2020, 20:11 PM
      by Lawcruncher
      There is nothing to worry about as your lease is registered. The likely explanation is that when the lease was granted the freehold title out of which the lease was granted contained more land than it does today.

Example:

Freeholder owns 23 and 25 Oaktree Lane registered under...
      16-02-2020, 18:19 PM
    • Section 20 and roof leak - paying into costs myself
      by KS2
      Hi, I am a leaseholder in a RTM company (and also currently its secretary) and we organised some roof repairs 1.5 years ago under section 20 consultation. Storm Dennis has exposed that there are still some water ingress problems.

The problem is that we are in the middle of selling our flat...
      16-02-2020, 11:42 AM
    • Reply to Section 20 and roof leak - paying into costs myself
      by KS2
      Yes. 100%. Our upstairs neighbours are very annoyed about the ingress (understandably). Work has been done in recent years on the roof (9 years ago) and the chimneys (2 years ago)). It was believed all problems had been fixed but the storms have revealed water entry problems for 2 of the flats and the...
      16-02-2020, 17:47 PM
    • Reply to Service charges
      by Paulsen
      Because the builders estimate for major works was over estimated with £2500, so my service charge account should be in credit and it goes towards expenditure for the following year as my lease doesn’t have a sinking fund.
      16-02-2020, 17:16 PM
    • Service charges
      by Paulsen
      In my lease the Accounting Period is “the period of twelve months ending on the 23rd day of June each year”

The interim charge will be paid on the 24th June and 25th December in each year

Does this mean my year starts on the 24th of June with the budget for the year payable...
      15-02-2020, 17:13 PM
    • Reply to Service charges
      by AndrewDod
      Why do you think you have a personal credit?

They should have issued demands as the lease says it should have been done.

Everything else depends on your lease including the payment date, and the ability to charge estimated costs in advance....
      16-02-2020, 16:12 PM
    Working...
    X