Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADR notice?

Hi all,
    We have a dispute with our former managing agents and according to our contract, we need to initiate mediation by giving an ADR notice to the agency. (We have already attempted direct negotiation.)
    What is an ADR notice and how does it need to be worded?
    Who chooses/appoints the mediator?
    Any info on this process would be gratefully received.

Also, as they are no longer our agents, do we actually still need to follow the contracted dispute resolution procedure or can we go straight to the ombudsman?

I think probably bound by previous contract. When it was being considered for a dispute I found out the most by googling A DR in my area and going on the websites of various forms who offered mediation.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Pansies before people
      by D P Dance
      In normal times I would agree with you ram, but these are not normal times.
      28-03-2020, 16:19 PM
    • Pansies before people
      by D P Dance
      The managing agents of one of my rental properties, who have been vilified on Trust Pilot, when asked if they are considering relief for landlords whose tenants have defaulted on their rent have refused point blank to consider offer help and have told me I quote

.. you need to accept the...
      24-03-2020, 13:24 PM
    • Solicitor & valuer advice
      by C@johnD
      Hi all,

I'm new to the site, so I hope I'm posting to the appropriate forum.

I am looking to extend my lease. I live in London SW14 (Mortlake/Barnes). I have 89 years left on the leasehold, and I've had the lease for 15 years. I'm recently married and ultimately want to put...
      27-03-2020, 19:07 PM
    • Reply to Solicitor & valuer advice
      by Section20z
      He just wants a lease extension so not sure of the relevance of your question but being there is 89 years left and he has had it 15 years, it would be very unlikely he is the first lessee as that would be a 104 year term !...
      28-03-2020, 13:38 PM
    • Reply to Pansies before people
      by ram
      As suggested / intimated in all above, as well as the following.
      Your contract is with the freeholder, via the managing agent.
      Your wages, your job, is no concern of the freeholder - except for people buying flats, to ensure they can afford the forthcoming service charges, and if they think
      28-03-2020, 12:47 PM
      by Tipper
      Are you the first leaseholder? Or did you buy the lease from a previous owner?
      28-03-2020, 10:58 AM
      by TruthLedger
      Best value is, probably, going to be if you do a look up on google since you'll get access to multiple sources with reviews. Then, there is whether you want to do it online versus physically going into a building. Personally, I prefer the online route because it's cheaper, more convenient and less hassle...
      28-03-2020, 10:45 AM
      by C@johnD
      Ok thanks! Apologies if I've been inappropriate, I just don't know where to turn for referrals as I don't know anyone who has ever been in my position.

As for local firms versus non-local, is the only real advantage proximity to show ID, etc? Cost of travel versus high fees may make it...
      28-03-2020, 08:42 AM
    • Coronavirus - Tenant demanding Deep clean of common areas & hand sanitiser installed
      by LeeMac
      Hi I wonder if anyone can provide any advice?

My tenant is demanding that l and/or the Freeholders deepclean the common areas of the building and install a hand sanitiser by the communal front door.

I have a share of the freehold and one of the flats in the converted building...
      20-03-2020, 23:32 PM
    • Reply to Coronavirus - Tenant demanding Deep clean of common areas & hand sanitiser installed
      by nukecad
      I never said that your link did contain that wording, because clearly it doesn't.

But neither does it contain the wording that it is 'no longer a highly infectious disease', which is what you were trying to have people believe by making just that assertion and then posting the link supposedly...
      27-03-2020, 23:11 PM
    Working...
    X