• Show
Clear All

Thank you very much.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Freeholder demanding a premium
      by Disraeli-LLH
      Sorry I forgot to add, this is the wording the Freeholder used in correspondence to his solicitor (he forwarded it on to us):
      The owners of the ground floor flat wish to undertake certain structural alterations and have asked for our permission. We are minded to grant consent subject to the
      02-07-2020, 09:32 AM
    • Freeholder demanding a premium
      by Disraeli-LLH
      We have a 1 bed ground floor flat with c.970 years left. Our lease stipulates that we have to get written consent to make any alterations or additions to the premises.
      We are looking to do some works to our 1 bed flat. This includes relocating the kitchen which will create a second bedroom. The...
      01-07-2020, 16:19 PM
      by Disraeli-LLH
      Great thank you all, very helpful.
      To give further background. The house is victorian, converted into 2 flats. We have the ground floor on a LLH. The freeholder has retained the upper parts and lets them on an AST. So unfortunately we cannot buy the freehold or set up a RTM.
      The room we...
      02-07-2020, 09:21 AM
      by scot22
      Lawcruncher, I am always ready to admit I'm wrong and learn. I respect your knowledgeable posts.

My reasoning is that leaseholder buys the right to occupy a specific dwelling and, in some cases, land around. If lease holder changes causes an increase in value then Freeholder, in my view,...
      02-07-2020, 08:59 AM
    • Reply to Permission to let problems
      by Lawcruncher
      Please quote in full the clause(s) relating to underletting.
      02-07-2020, 07:55 AM
    • Permission to let problems
      by sid1956
      Hi
      Wondered if someone could help with some advice please.

My long leasehold flat has been rented for a few years. By oversight prior permission was not sought from freeholder in advance. The lease says that prior permission must be sought and a fee of £45 paid for each sublet....
      28-06-2020, 21:43 PM
      by Gordon999
      How many flats in the block ? what is the total annual ground rent ? is it cheaper to buy the freehold title than pay a hefty premium ? .

The alternative option is set up RTM for your block and the RTM charge the premium and keep it.
      02-07-2020, 07:26 AM
    • Confused - E & M Management
      by Flashback1966
      Totally confused. Solicitor did a lease extension on an 80s purpose built flat in private development. The freeholder is the local council.

However, for reason, the statutory notices had been served on the local council and E&M management. They were pain to deal with.
      02-07-2020, 00:42 AM
    • Reply to Confused - E & M Management
      by Gordon999
      You have to contact the local council to ask who is the agent for collecting ground rent.

Perhaps the solicitor is handling two different lease extensions and solicitor 's office staff got them mixed up.
      02-07-2020, 07:19 AM
      by Lawcruncher
      The freeholder has indicated they are minded to agree to the works

Depending on the words used (and the precise terms of the covenant), consent may already have been given. See Mount Eden Land Ltd v Prudential Assurance Co Ltd. Please set out the terms of the covenant and (if in writing)...
      02-07-2020, 07:02 AM
    Working...
    X