Management Company Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macromia View Post
    Removing the 'difficult' director is really the only option here, appointing a managing agent won't address the situation and will only increase costs.
    Good managing agents will do what the directors tell them, so the decisions will still be being made by the directors (including the difficult one). Employing a managing agent who does what they want, rather than what the directors want, is likely to put you in a worse position than you are in now.
    Thankyou,
    Soooo,
    To remove a director, does the Company simply hold an extraordinary meeting, vote and thats it?
    Or, does a valid reason have to exist to remove him?

I'm with you on your comments Re agents, we are just trying to distance ourselves from an angry obnoxious bigot.
    Andy

Comment

The EGM has to be called with at least 28 clear days notice and the intention to remove the director must be included on the calling notice. The director is allowed to circulate a statement as to why he should not be removed. Only a simple majority is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
        The EGM has to be called with at least 28 clear days notice and the intention to remove the director must be included on the calling notice. The director is allowed to circulate a statement as to why he should not be removed. Only a simple majority is needed.
        Thankyou, very helpful

Comment

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
          Why not remove him as a director ? Then he will not be able to vote on decisions. Still be a pain but will he ever change whatever. A management company should not act independently of directors.
          Why even suggest this option of removing him as a director when surely he is out voted in the decision making process.

Will it not antagonise him more being cast aside when really there is no need for this option.

I haven't seen that he is continually calling meetings.

Comment

It is very difficult to have a constructive meeting if there is an unpleasant and negative element present. This will be especially noticeable with a very small number of directors. Stress levels will rocket.
            Not sure that he would be any worse than now. Decisions could be made more easily.

Comment

Small numbers of directors should be normal.

Do the remaining directors start from different viewpoints and challenge assumptions, as it is very easy to go completely astray if you have lots of yes men.

Comment

The remaining 3 directors are very much "joined up".
                Unfortunately whilst he is a director he can add trivial juvenile points to the Agenda, one example being that he wants to maintain a 2 tone colour scheme of "adjoining items" to the property. We already have an informal agreement between us that existed before his arrival that covers a common colour to all window frames, doors and rainwater goods. He now wants this extended - wont know to what exactly until the AGM but it really is a nonsense, i believe it would be reference to some screening around an oil tank and some wooden planters which are within my demise and painted grey. We have to give up an evening of our lives to indulge this man and discuss this trivial drivel!. I believe he is pursuing a personal vendetta against me and my family as he believes we are the ones that reported him to the planning authority (we weren't). The other agenda points are in a similar vein and involve such critical discussions as the use of a communal hose pipe and the affixing of trellis to the external walls......!!!!!!! Grrrrrr!!!!

Comment

My company, based in Manchester, would quote between £900-£1300 per year depending on the size, scope of regular maintenance, inspection and Director meeting frequency. It's difficult to apply a per unit price when there aren't many, we need to make sure we can afford to actually manage the site, so'd quote a minimum fee level in cases like this.

Hope that's slightly helpful.
                  <a href="http://www.manchesterpropertygroup.co.uk/" target="_blank">Manchester letting agents</a>

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• 'Reasonable' ground rent collection charge?
                    by Benzo
                    Hi guys

We recently achieved RTM from our underperforming managing agents. We no longer pay our service charge to them. However our old managing agents still represent the freeholder, and so we still pay our ground rent to him via the old managing agents.

Following RTM, they've...
                    04-01-2020, 11:32 AM
                  • Reply to 'Reasonable' ground rent collection charge?
                    by Gordon999
                    Ground rent is payable by leaseholders under the lease. But ground rent collection fee is payable by the freehold company to its own agent.
                    30-05-2020, 14:56 PM
                    by Lawcruncher
                    How much is the ground rent?...
                    30-05-2020, 13:14 PM
                    by Section20z
                    It would be very unusual to implement a charge just for collecting ground rent and it can't include amounts for chasing non-payers, that would definitely be unreasonable.
                    As others have suggested this collection duty can be taken over by the RTM resulting in minimal extra cost.
                    Or, just...
                    30-05-2020, 12:54 PM
                  • Reply to Bird droppings
                    by stum
                    cheers just have to pay up myself as usual.........learned my lesson buying a leasehold flat in the UK, esp added to the costs and bad management, is the cost of lease extensions, or loose money on the property as well.
                    30-05-2020, 11:40 AM
                  • Bird droppings
                    by stum
                    Can anyone please give advice...I have a flat in a purose built block,(30 in total) my lease includes a dedicated car space. My problem is that the car space is directly underneath a gable end of the block and at that point is above the second floor, this is the only car space that has this problem....
                    23-05-2020, 10:14 AM
                    by Benzo
                    Hi guys

I've confirmed that our MA IS allowed (by the terms of the lease) to charge residents a ground rent collection fee. However I'm still not clear what a 'reasonable' fee would be. The googling I've done suggests about 10% of total is appropriate - does that sound about right? Is there...
                    30-05-2020, 11:16 AM
                  • Flat Roof used as fire escape and right of way
                    by RichardCardiff
                    I am the Freeholder of a property and the property has an single story extension which has a flat roof. The lease holder of the flat above had the lease amended before I purchased it so that he has the right of use of the flat roof. I converted the ground floor of the property and added a basement....
                    29-05-2020, 18:14 PM
                  • Reply to Flat Roof used as fire escape and right of way
                    by scot22
                    It seems to me the core question is the safety of the people who have this as their only fire escape route. They MUST have one. Stop looking for ways to avoid the consequences of your mistake.
                    Discuss any possible solutions that they would accept.
                    The only way to avoid possible court action...
                    30-05-2020, 09:34 AM
                  • Reply to Flat Roof used as fire escape and right of way
                    by Section20z
                    As Andrew Dod says above you need to remove your modifications pronto. Why would you think you had any rights to use an area to which someone else had sole access with a Deed of Variation giving them rights.
                    You can't blame the planning dept.
                    30-05-2020, 09:05 AM
                  Working...
                  X