Ambiguous clause in the Lease Agreement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambiguous clause in the Lease Agreement.

Hi all,

After going through my lease agreement, I've stumbled upon a clause that I can't figure out. Screenshot of the clause attached.

Am I right to think that per lease agreement it is the tenant's responsibility to repair any internal/external window timber including decayed timber resin repairs, splice, sub-sill base of frame, sash cords, sash bottom rails, sash weights, parting & staff beads. Who is responsible for the glazing?

What does it mean "external redecoration only being the Landlords responsibility". Does it mean that the Landlord is responsible to collect the money from the flat owners and use it towards painting/repainting windows externally?

I would highly appreciate if someone could explain. Thanks!

The landlord is responsible for painting the outsides. The clause says nothing about how he gets the money to do that. You are responsible for everything else.

Even if, as likely, it allows the landlord's painting costs to be covered, it will be worded in terms of your responsibility to pay, not any responsibility on the landlord to collect.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Licence to Alter
      vmart
      Should the leaseholder be given the original signed copy of a Licence to Alter (LTA)? Our landlord created a deed (LTA) to provide us with permission for work we are planning but we were given a photo copy of the completed document but think we should retain the original.

Thank you.
      21-10-2019, 09:48 AM
    • Reply to Licence to Alter
      vmart
      Thank you all for your replies. Therefore, I will ask the landlord to arrange for us to execute the deed again and we all sign both copies. Should the licence specifically state "the deed is signed in duplicate" or similar wording or is the current deed OK in this respect?

Thank...
      22-10-2019, 08:05 AM
    • FTT decisions
      vmart
      Is there any rule regarding the time a decision must be received from the FTT?

Thank you.
      21-10-2019, 09:43 AM
    • Reply to FTT decisions
      vmart
      Thank you all for your replies....
      22-10-2019, 08:01 AM
      ram
      There should have been 2 originals, and you all sign the two.
      One for the landlord and one for the tenant..
      Thats the way it should have been done.
      22-10-2019, 07:34 AM
      Lawcruncher
      A licence is a consent to do something and you give the original to the person who needs the consent.
      21-10-2019, 23:37 PM
    • Reply to FTT decisions
      HazeltonLane
      We just went through the process for a straightforward application to vary leases under Section 35 (paper determination). Ours took four months from application to receipt of decision.
      21-10-2019, 22:58 PM
    • Case law damp
      scot22
      I know I've posted many times on this subject, apologies.
      The issue is tanking first floor flat where none has existed. External wall has been carefully maintained. I have searched but not able to find any cases.
      Also could freeholder be liable for any internal work such as plaster....
      01-10-2019, 09:04 AM
    • Reply to Case law damp
      scot22
      Being concerned for people's well being I will do my utmost not to post anything else on the subject. Nearly everyone is completely fed up with the unfounded claim. I appreciate every contribution that has been given.
      There are people fixated on their own opinion. Trying to forget about hi...
      21-10-2019, 20:15 PM
    • Reply to Case law damp
      leaseholder64
      Gordon999 You need to read all Scot's postings on this subject to get the big picture.
      21-10-2019, 19:25 PM
    Working...
    X