Property Management bully behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever the merits of the case, the MA could be much more helpful to the leaseholder, who is quite right, if the charge is not permitted in the lease, there is no obligation to pay it. So it would be in the MA's interests to simply refer to the clause which it is relying upon. A leaseholder has the right to know the terms of the management agreement and there is no valid reason why the agreement or a summary of it should not be made available for inspection.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Confused - E & M Management
      by Flashback1966
      Totally confused. Solicitor did a lease extension on an 80s purpose built flat in private development. The freeholder is the local council.

However, for reason, the statutory notices had been served on the local council and E&M management. They were pain to deal with.
      02-07-2020, 00:42 AM
    • Corner Shops with Flats above
      by Flashback1966
      About 20 years, I bought a flat above a shop. I have drawn a diagram. Mine is first floor flat NO. 72.

The Freeholder owns both shops at No. 72 and No 70. He rents out the shops. At some point, he split each of the shops, so the rear of the shop has now two residential ground floor flats.
      06-06-2020, 02:39 AM
    • Reply to Corner Shops with Flats above
      by Flashback1966
      >> The planning departments love a bit of enforcement action and if you say there these are built without consent will send two smartly dressed officers with clipboards and cameras.

It was done a long time ago.

I am assuming they lied to the council and back-dated council...
      02-07-2020, 00:34 AM
    • Reply to Background checks - marriage certificate, name change etc...
      by Flashback1966
      >> Request evidence of her authority to deal with any matters concerning the property.

We got a letter, from the freeholder, to say she is managing his affairs, but I am not convinced about the letter, as it appears to be written in the same style, fonts, ink jet printer etc... It...
      02-07-2020, 00:24 AM
    • Background checks - marriage certificate, name change etc...
      by Flashback1966
      There has been a freeholder who has been absent for some 15 or 20 years. He may well be in Spain. A woman was living in his flat. We assumed she was his partner (or has a historical connection / relationship). I don't think he has ever lived in the flat. We have some leasehold dispute, but she is the...
      03-02-2020, 20:52 PM
    • Reply to Freeholder demanding a premium
      by sgclacy
      The landlord cannot unreasonably withhold consent, but in this case he may well have grounds to do so.

It is not ideal to have the only living space in a flat having a kitchen in it as well, I know that planners are not keen on it. Also, the juxtaposition of the rooms as referred to be...
      01-07-2020, 23:59 PM
    • Freeholder demanding a premium
      by Disraeli-LLH
      We have a 1 bed ground floor flat with c.970 years left. Our lease stipulates that we have to get written consent to make any alterations or additions to the premises.
      We are looking to do some works to our 1 bed flat. This includes relocating the kitchen which will create a second bedroom. The...
      01-07-2020, 16:19 PM
    • Reply to Permission to let problems
      by sid1956
      They also want me to sign a 4 page Sublet Agreement adding new covenants. Do I have to sign this? - it doesn't say anything about a sublet agreement in the Lease - just that permission will not be unreasonably withheld.
      01-07-2020, 20:33 PM
    • Permission to let problems
      by sid1956
      Hi
      Wondered if someone could help with some advice please.

My long leasehold flat has been rented for a few years. By oversight prior permission was not sought from freeholder in advance. The lease says that prior permission must be sought and a fee of £45 paid for each sublet....
      28-06-2020, 21:43 PM
    • Reply to Landlord breach of covenant
      by Stacker
      Thank you Gordon however the way the managing agent and directors have structured the deal...asking the leaseholders to pay a third party directly does not come under FTT I have studied cases online...in addition the directors and managing agent entered into contracts when the company had no money....
      01-07-2020, 20:04 PM
    Working...
    X