Over occupation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over occupation?

Landlord above me has let a one bed to a couple. They moved in with a kid a a third relative sleeps in living room. According to the law based on rooms 2 rooms max 3 people, the kid over 1 under 9 counts as .5 so technically over crowding. However room measurements say something different. Rooms are 15'2 ft by 14'1 and the other 15'7 by 11'1 ft. Can any one assist. I have serious noise and other issues

I think you are pretty much stuffed if they are all relatives. Is landlord aware of the situation?

Comment

yes but is pretty useless I am trying to get action out out of him so trying to find out if over occupied by .5

Comment

The lower of the two figures counts, so the flat does sound to be criminally overcrowded, in which case, both landlord and tenant are committing offences. However, can you confirm that the child was at least one year old when the family moved in, as the council can, and almost certainly will, give dispensations if the overcrowding happened as a result of the child becoming one year old.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X