Over occupation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over occupation?

Landlord above me has let a one bed to a couple. They moved in with a kid a a third relative sleeps in living room. According to the law based on rooms 2 rooms max 3 people, the kid over 1 under 9 counts as .5 so technically over crowding. However room measurements say something different. Rooms are 15'2 ft by 14'1 and the other 15'7 by 11'1 ft. Can any one assist. I have serious noise and other issues

I think you are pretty much stuffed if they are all relatives. Is landlord aware of the situation?

Comment

yes but is pretty useless I am trying to get action out out of him so trying to find out if over occupied by .5

Comment

The lower of the two figures counts, so the flat does sound to be criminally overcrowded, in which case, both landlord and tenant are committing offences. However, can you confirm that the child was at least one year old when the family moved in, as the council can, and almost certainly will, give dispensations if the overcrowding happened as a result of the child becoming one year old.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Service Charge Percentage Wrong
          by gidoc
          Dear all,
          I hope this forum can guide me to the next step. I have a leasehold apartment, which I purchased in July 2007. I have never been able to go through the whole lease esp the page no1, which clearly defines the service charges as 1%. I am however been charged 2%( extra 1% for communal areas,...
          17-11-2019, 21:47 PM
        • Reply to Service Charge Percentage Wrong
          by AndrewDod
          But he is not being charged 3% of the total.

£1969.93/£188,912 = 1.042%

Which is about correct albeit the exact apportioning into the 0.99% band vs 1.1% band is a little hard to follow.

about 100 flats and he is paying about 100th

There may be something...
          22-11-2019, 01:59 AM
        • Reply to Advice on Building Regs and Lease covenant
          by ram
          Irrespective of what the lease says, if a modification is such that would be deemed that certification is required, then the Law overrules the lease.
          But without knowing what the modification was, and if it was authorised by the freeholder, and it does not contravene listed building criteria
          22-11-2019, 00:19 AM
        • Advice on Building Regs and Lease covenant
          by Harwood
          Hello

Bit of a long shot but i wondered if anybody could advise if the Building regulations would be covered under the following lease covenant;

"At all times during the said term to comply in all respects with the provisions and requirements of the Town and Country Planning...
          14-11-2019, 17:21 PM
        • Reply to Service Charge Percentage Wrong
          by gidoc
          Update: The Leasehold Advisory Service said to give the Company another 2 wks to respond, if they do not engage to resolve/recalculate service charges- I should follow the formal complaint process via Ombudsman and or go via First tier property tribunal.
          21-11-2019, 23:21 PM
        • RMC - Dormant Status with HMRC - Banking
          by bigalxyz
          I'm one of the directors of an RMC looking after a leasehold building (having recently taken over from an external property manager).

The company is dormant at HMRC. It has a business account, unused. All of our funds (service charge monies) are in a separate client account.

19-11-2019, 14:44 PM
        • Reply to RMC - Dormant Status with HMRC - Banking
          by Gordon999
          If you pay all service charge money from leaseholders into one "client account" and use same bank account for paying all maintenance bills, then you will satisfy Companies House's requirement for keeping the RMC as a "dormant company"....
          21-11-2019, 21:52 PM
        • Reply to Collective enfranchisement - additional cost of airspace lease
          by nukecad
          It's an important distinction.

FTT rulings are not 'Case Law', UT rulings are.
          If it was FTT then it's not going to be published as a matter of course, UT rulings are but can take a bit of finding....
          21-11-2019, 18:51 PM
        • Collective enfranchisement - additional cost of airspace lease
          by Lorimer
          Wondering if anyone can advise on whether and how much a 999 year lease of airspace with a ground rent of £1,500 per annum, rising by £100.00 per annum every 15 years will impact on the premium we are likely to pay to buy the freehold of our building?

The background:
          We have been...
          16-11-2019, 07:49 AM
        • Reply to Section 20 query & liability dispute
          by leaseholder64
          On question 1, they could ask for retrospective dispensation, and following on some case law, the leaseholders still have to pay what they can demonstrate would have been payable if the process had been done properly.

I can see nothing that would stop the section 20 being started again...
          21-11-2019, 18:39 PM
        Working...
        X