Over occupation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over occupation?

Landlord above me has let a one bed to a couple. They moved in with a kid a a third relative sleeps in living room. According to the law based on rooms 2 rooms max 3 people, the kid over 1 under 9 counts as .5 so technically over crowding. However room measurements say something different. Rooms are 15'2 ft by 14'1 and the other 15'7 by 11'1 ft. Can any one assist. I have serious noise and other issues

I think you are pretty much stuffed if they are all relatives. Is landlord aware of the situation?

Comment

yes but is pretty useless I am trying to get action out out of him so trying to find out if over occupied by .5

Comment

The lower of the two figures counts, so the flat does sound to be criminally overcrowded, in which case, both landlord and tenant are committing offences. However, can you confirm that the child was at least one year old when the family moved in, as the council can, and almost certainly will, give dispensations if the overcrowding happened as a result of the child becoming one year old.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Licence to Alter
          vmart
          Should the leaseholder be given the original signed copy of a Licence to Alter (LTA)? Our landlord created a deed (LTA) to provide us with permission for work we are planning but we were given a photo copy of the completed document but think we should retain the original.

Thank you.
          21-10-2019, 09:48 AM
        • Reply to Licence to Alter
          Lawcruncher
          A licence is a consent to do something and you give the original to the person who needs the consent.
          21-10-2019, 23:37 PM
        • FTT decisions
          vmart
          Is there any rule regarding the time a decision must be received from the FTT?

Thank you.
          21-10-2019, 09:43 AM
        • Reply to FTT decisions
          HazeltonLane
          We just went through the process for a straightforward application to vary leases under Section 35 (paper determination). Ours took four months from application to receipt of decision.
          21-10-2019, 22:58 PM
        • Case law damp
          scot22
          I know I've posted many times on this subject, apologies.
          The issue is tanking first floor flat where none has existed. External wall has been carefully maintained. I have searched but not able to find any cases.
          Also could freeholder be liable for any internal work such as plaster....
          01-10-2019, 09:04 AM
        • Reply to Case law damp
          scot22
          Being concerned for people's well being I will do my utmost not to post anything else on the subject. Nearly everyone is completely fed up with the unfounded claim. I appreciate every contribution that has been given.
          There are people fixated on their own opinion. Trying to forget about hi...
          21-10-2019, 20:15 PM
        • Reply to Case law damp
          leaseholder64
          Gordon999 You need to read all Scot's postings on this subject to get the big picture.
          21-10-2019, 19:25 PM
        • Reply to Case law damp
          scot22
          Victorian random stone rubble infill. Everything checked many times but intransigent leaseholder. Even wants Freeholder to pay for a new kitchen !
          21-10-2019, 18:49 PM
        • Reply to FTT decisions
          Macromia
          My most recent decision came through in just over 6 weeks.
          21-10-2019, 17:39 PM
        • Freeholder permission and checks
          c118
          We have recently purchased a maisonette leasehold and the entire freehold of the building (one other flat on the ground floor). In regards to freehold permission for a conservatory extension, are there any resources online that advise what checks should be completed/information required prior to permission...
          21-10-2019, 08:10 AM
        Working...
        X