Managing Agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing Agent

Hi, we live in a large block of flats that are currently in the process of changing our managing agents.

We have a residents association which seem to be only concentrating its search on other local managing agents; particularly swaying towards one that was recommended and is used by one of the current committee members cousin (owner of 200+ flats).

Everyone at our leaseholders meeting was asked if they had any interest in this managing agent and all declared no (including said committee member). Surely this is not the case?

Your impartial thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Not following fully, but I can't see how this is a conflict of interest. It is a bit like saying that I propose using X major supermarket for servicing the needs of our business lunches, but my cousin also shops there (I have about 70 cousins).

Comment

It sounds like he's using his cousin's experience of someone he's done business with before, which should be beneficial.

Where do you think the interests "conflict" - what does he gain and you lose?
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Moderator2 : needs to be moved to the Long Leasehold forum.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X