Regular barking Dog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should be pleased that the dog warns you of persons moving around during the night, it saves you buying an alarm.

Comment

The barking could probably be reduced with some training but a lot of owners will find this difficult to do on their own and would have to hire a professional dog trainer to help. So you would need an owner willing to pay and work on the problem.

If thr dog is barking at something outside the window then an intermediate measure would be the owner putting something on the window so the dog can't see the things that trigger the barking.

If you can't force someone using the law then all you can do is appeal to them perhaps offer to pay towards the training?

There is always going to be noise from flats and it can take some time to adjust after you move in to such an environment. The thing I have found about noise to some extent is that it is your reaction to it that is a big part of the problem. You can get into the habit of feeling annoyed as soon as you hear the noise. The more you focus on the battle to try to get it to stop, the more annoying you are likely to find the noise.

It can help if you can learn to try to retrain your brain so that when you hear the noise you have a different reaction to it. You can work on this by changing your self talk when you hear the dog barking. It's not at all easy to do but it can make you feel a bit better when you are stuck in a situation that you cannot easily change. Eventually you may find you don't notice the noise so much and it begins to blend into the background.

The other thing you can do if it disturbs your sleeping or if you are trying to concentrate on something is to get a white noise machine or you can find some on white noise samples on You Tube.

Comment

Personally, I'd just move. I hate dogs (and this is one of the reasons) but many people love them and are super tolerant of them and I've come to the conclusion that any objection to whatever a dog does is a lost cause. You seem irritated enough already and it's not going to stop so has moving home not been something you'd consider.

Comment

Some people are just not suited to live in a block of flats, You need to accept that there will be some noise, whether it is a baby crying at night, children running around the communal areas, someone entering late at night, television or music playing and yes dogs barking. If you are not used to noise, you will notice it. Whilst you will hear other people's noise, others will hear yours.

Comment

I have a 1960's ground floor flat, where you can hear the guy upstairs spending a penny.

Comment

Other people hear neighbours arguing, record it and contact the press

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
                Other people hear neighbours arguing, record it and contact the press
                Record someone peeing?

Comment

Only one sure way to keep a dog from Barking.

......tie it up in Ilford.
                  boom boom

Comment

The neighbours downstairs say they can hear me walking around. Yeah well I can hear you have a ****! 😂

Comment

I think that the dogs of Barking has a totally different meaning

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X