Whose responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose responsibility

My understanding is that leaseholders are responsible for what is demised to them. However, in our lease floorboards demised. However, freeholder undertakes repair obligation covenant.
    Which has precedence.

You would have to quote the relevant clauses (including any reference to the leaseholder's repair responsibilities), but it is possible for leases to make freeholders responsible for repairs to some parts of a property, even if those parts are demised to a leaseholder.

Comment

Thanks. That's what LEASE said but I wanted a second opinion.

Comment

It's also common for leaseholders to be responsible for wiring and plumbing that is outside their demise, but is only used by it.

You really have to read the specific lease.

Comment

This is not exactly easy to follow so any responses you get will be meaningless

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
          My understanding is that leaseholders are responsible for what is demised to them.
          No that is not a correct understanding

However, in our lease floorboards demised.
          demised how exactly?

However, freeholder undertakes repair obligation covenant.
          For what?

Which has precedence.
          ?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
            This is not exactly easy to follow so any responses you get will be meaningless

No that is not a correct understanding
            That has already been explained to me

demised how exactly?I

In the lease

For what?
            To repair the demised part

?
            Erm. If there are two contradictory statements which would be followed.

Thanks to everyone who made helpful posts.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Restitution for overpaid service charges
              by CANADA576
              Hi Lorimer,would love to know the outcome as I have a very similar problem with a persistent leak plus wrongly apportioned and exaggerate Buildings Insurance premiums from a landlord that owns 8 properties in a row, including mine.
              09-12-2019, 10:08 AM
            • Restitution for overpaid service charges
              by Lorimer
              I have just had a First Tier Tribunal hearing for a service charge challenge spanning the years 2014-2016. The FTT confirmed what I suspected - that I had overpaid 10K of service charges and that although the FTT is not in a position to order repayment to me, I might consider making a county court claim...
              18-04-2019, 09:01 AM
            • Council or housing association as freeholder
              by propertyboy
              Hi all,

I do not have any appetite to buy ex-local stock and look to buy period property in London.

This is personal preference (lots of ex local supply and prefer victorian stock in a period property with 2-3 flats in the block).

Recently I have been looking at...
              24-11-2019, 21:28 PM
            • Reply to Council or housing association as freeholder
              by propertyboy
              Will I have the same statutory right to extend after 2 years like another leaseholder regardless of the fact that the freeholder is the council?

Does it matter if you are a non-resident landlord? Can you extend your lease after 2 years if you are based overseas?...
              08-12-2019, 17:49 PM
            • Correct Accounting report for an RMC
              by Libra
              I am wondering what is the correct accounting report for an RMC, that is owned by the leaseholders / freeholders and also owns the freehold.
              Has the Tec/03/11 been superseded? Is the Financial reporting standard 102 section 1A appropriate?
              Is it correct to report that the reserve fund...
              07-12-2019, 16:49 PM
            • Reply to Correct Accounting report for an RMC
              by Gordon999
              The unspent service charge money including "reserve fund/sinking fund " belongs to the leaseholders. The RMC has to keep the service charge money in separate bank accounts called "client account" for which the bank will issue a letter to acknowledge the "client account"...
              08-12-2019, 14:00 PM
              by Gordon999
              The RMC has to file its own "RMC company accounts" to Companies House and if it has no ground rent income, it will be filing dormant accounts.

The RMC has responsibility under the lease to collect the service charge money from leaseholders and arrange maintenance of the building...
              08-12-2019, 13:44 PM
              by Libra
              Thank you Leaseholder 64. I
              07-12-2019, 20:05 PM
            • Reporting the directors of a RMC to be unfit
              by Libra
              Hello...and thank you for listening
              I am wondering if one could report the RMC directors to be unfit - several breaches of Companies Act - blackmailing / coercing the residents / misleading statements regarding the right to acquire the freehold - probably false accounting ( still investigating...
              07-12-2019, 16:39 PM
            • Reply to Reporting the directors of a RMC to be unfit
              by Libra
              Hello Leaseholder 64,
              Thank your for your reply. I didn't think that they are the same issues ...that's why I started another post. I can now see how they can have a common point. To my mind, whether I can report the directors was different to what is the correct account report for a RMC. My apologies....
              07-12-2019, 20:00 PM
            Working...
            X