• scot22
    replied
    That's what I think.

Leave a comment:

• Stacker
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
    Warning to anyone wanting to respond: Multiple replicate threads
    I would say that sometimes some issues come up and sometimes not all the facts are known at the time so through further asking on this site it helps when things which are new come up so that we can hep each other...its not duplication, its about exploring and finding out what are all the facts...people can comment or have a choice not to comment.

Leave a comment:

• Stacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
    Did you have a survey done?
    Yes a chartered RICS surveyor surveyed the property and has not considered its history..he seems to have surveyed the property as a modern building and I have now found out he has mentioned nothing about movement which means the building has not been insured properly.

Leave a comment:

• scot22
    replied
    Admission, I had not read the rules. Wish they applied to each and every forum on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Originally posted by scot22 View Post
    I don't have any problem with issues being posted more than once. New people can join the forum, further thought perhaps from a different view can lead to an opinion evolving ( change your mind ! )
    Most of the serious (or less serious) long time posters here do object. because it is not possible to make sense of a specific scenario when you get multiple parts of it in different threads on different days of the same week, with thoughtful comments detached from each other.

We are not talking about similar scenarios being discussed by different people. We are talking about wasting time and disrespecting everyone involved.

Also see forum rule 11 - so it is not just my opinion it is the RULE

Leave a comment:

• scot22
    replied
    I don't have any problem with issues being posted more than once. New people can join the forum, further thought perhaps from a different view can lead to an opinion evolving ( change your mind ! )

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    How are we supposed to know it is a newly written lease by the conveyancer?? Maybe that is because you are sending one liners in multiple threads no one can be bothered to locate.

An obligation to maintain something that is not there would seem to be a clause with no effect. Boilerplate contracts often have clauses that cover things that might not apply to the circumstances. "Repair and maintain" does not mean you have to improve anything.

Why would you sign a contract you did not read and then object later?

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Are you trying to pick holes to get your fees reduced? Frankly if my listed building needed a DPC, I would not bother asking the jobsworths for permission either.

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    Did you have a survey done?

Leave a comment:

• Stacker
    replied
    Originally posted by alice123 View Post
    What was declared on the TA6 and property sellers questionairre ?
    Is TA6 the property questions? He put "property comes with DPC warranty" will check on TA6 if its not the property enquiries form.

Leave a comment:

• alice123
    replied
    What was declared on the TA6 and property sellers questionairre ?

Leave a comment:

• Stacker
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
    I'm afraid it is your responsibility to check the details of the lease in detail. The conveyancer might be expected to deal with off legal terms but not to survey the building.

You probably need one thread for all this stuff, not many
    I am confused..the conveyancer created and wrote the new lease, to do this they would need to understand what they are doing..so putting an item in which is an improvement should not be in there...that says to me they did not check properly. We rely on these professionals not the other way around.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Berkeley / Woolwich aresenal development
    by sbag79
    Dear all

I am looking to buy my second BTL property in Woolwich Arsenal area (London). It’s a flat originally built by Berkeley back in 2002. There’s a lease of approx 112 yrs left, service charge is around 1900£ and ground rent is about 150£. They have EWS certificate as well for...
    11-04-2021, 07:26 AM
  • Reply to RTM Director accuses another Director of fraud/stealing
    by Gordon999
    If a MA was appointed to run the service charge account and collect service charge contributions , the directors can instruct the MA to use the small claims court to recover arrears in service charge payments.
    11-04-2021, 06:14 AM
  • RTM Director accuses another Director of fraud/stealing
    by KAH
    I am a RTM Director with two other Directors. We have appointed a external management company to help us run the management of our properties. Three property owners have substansial historical arrears ( one of which is a current Director of the RTM company).

Our managing agent has asked...
    06-04-2021, 17:07 PM
  • Reply to Lease holder/management company deliberately blocking sale of flat
    by Gordon999
    It may be better to involve your local MP and get the MP to make a written complaint to CMA and to Housing Minister .

They cannot help you until you raise up your problem to them.
    11-04-2021, 05:59 AM
  • Lease holder/management company deliberately blocking sale of flat
    by stevied
    I have owned a flat for more than 10 years, the property lease has been sold twice during this time. I put my flat onto the market at the beginning of the year and after a few months I got a buyer. I asked for all the packs etc and found that the management company were deliberately taking their time...
    29-10-2019, 21:38 PM
  • Reply to Understanding a lease
    by Gordon999
    Under the leasehold property system ( existing in E & W ) , the legal owner of the property belongs to the freeholder and the leaseholders are just tenants under a long term rental agreement.

How many flats in your building and are the flats paying very low ground rents ?
    11-04-2021, 05:49 AM
  • Understanding a lease
    by Pattyb
    Can anyone tell me what this means and how much ground rent is to be paid and when ?

TIA

To hold the demised premises unto the Lease from the nineteenth day of December One thousand nine hundred and fifty-four for the term of nine hundred and ninety-nine years yielding and...
    10-04-2021, 21:29 PM
  • Reply to Understanding a lease
    by Pattyb
    That was a quick response, ta !

Why are leases so hard to understand ?

I want to eventually build a room in the loft but again I don't understand the lease.

Can the freeholder refuse to consent to a loft room without any explanation because the lease says nothing...
    10-04-2021, 22:15 PM
  • Structural Alteration/Consent
    by ZRG90
    Hi all,

Just moved into a property which is a converted house into 3 flats on a long lease, with each flat member owning a share of the freehold (we sit on public management company)

My lease states I’m: “Not to make any structural alteration or structural addition to the...
    10-04-2021, 03:03 AM
  • Reply to Structural Alteration/Consent
    by Lawcruncher
    I can knock up a form of licence, but need to know how the company executes deeds.
    10-04-2021, 22:11 PM
Working...
X