Secret commissions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another thread I've suggested trying Swarblaw forum which I've found excellent. It has numerous law forums including one on Company law.

Comment

It should be the surveyor rather than the conveyancer who picks up that the property has a dpc.

It is down to the conveyancer to check the planning title, but what he cannot do is guess what changes have been made to a property. If a conveyancer is told, for example, that a property has an extension, he can make the necessary enquiries.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
        It should be the surveyor rather than the conveyancer who picks up that the property has a dpc.

It is down to the conveyancer to check the planning title, but what he cannot do is guess what changes have been made to a property. If a conveyancer is told, for example, that a property has an extension, he can make the necessary enquiries.
        The OP would already know that from the other multitude of threads he/she has posted on the same scenario/topic (with trivial variation). Time wasted.

Comment

See your other thread for lawcruncher's similar response. Moderator2 the various threads (about 4) should probably be merged.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacker View Post

Thanks for sharing that Scot..its an interesting angle ...my damp issues trundles on....

it would appear that in another court case that unless the lease covenants state what needs to be repaired and maintained ie structural foundations and damp then some work could be seen as improvements and some judge said that the freeholder can not expect to be given back an improvement to the property so if damp proofing is not in the lease it may well be classed as an improvement however I am not convinced about that as damp effects the property foundations of the building.

Tanking does not protect the foundations (nor is there any reason it would given the position of application). If anything in can make them worse. Therefore this argument is not a valid one.

Comment

And the question is?

Please please do not post any more one liner threads on the same overall scenario, with so little content as to make no feasible meaningful response possible. What does "not insuring properly" mean? See numerous other threads on insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacker
                So it transpires that the directors who are clueless have not been insuring the building properly, exposing us all to financial loss we cant get rid of them as we have a minority shareholder situation.
                You appear to have raised the same point in previous threads, the response is likely to be the same.

Comment

I think Andrew makes a valid point. You need professional advice from a surveyor ( solicitor ?) well versed in leasehold law.
                  Tanking is an issue in some of my threads. You end up going round in circles unless you have authoritative opinion which is on the legal AND building issues.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
                    And the question is?

Please please do not post any more one liner threads on the same overall scenario, with so little content as to make no feasible meaningful response possible. What does "not insuring properly" mean? See numerous other threads on insurance.
                    Andrew...as a flat owner also trying to help another flat owner we have found that as time goes on more issues are arising and whilst they come under the banner of say insurance, the issues are different hence the different posts so one post was about insurance commission, another was about insurance not being put in place for a building which has suffered movement so this is a different issue...

yes they all come under insurance but they are different issues hence they cant be all posted at once because they come up at different times and now we have another insurance question about running a business which is not allowed and may affect the insurance.

the intention is to get help on different points. Fair enough if all the queries come up at once then they could all be posted as one thread however that has not been the chain of events so far..so hence they have not been posted all at once..

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Lease extension not on Land Registry
                      JasUK
                      Hi,
                      I went to view a property which I am really interested in. I have a few issues I'd really appreciate some advice on:

1. The estate agent told me the lease is 150 years. I downloaded the title deed from the Land Registry. This states that the term of the lease is 99 years from...
                      13-10-2019, 12:27 PM
                    • Reply to Lease extension not on Land Registry
                      JasUK
                      Thanks so much guys!! I spoke to the estate agent and you were right. They have extended the lease but their solicitor hasn't yet submitted the registration with the land registry. I haven't seen a copy of the lease yet but apparently there is right to park, so looking much more promising than I initially...
                      18-10-2019, 13:13 PM
                    • Leashold extension
                      PAP069
                      Hi there,

I am the freeholder of a buiding of flats in London NW6.
                      One of the leasholders is selling the flat and required to extend the lease and i want to understand how i can calculate the premium. Ofcourse i will use a solicitor but i just want a brief explanation of the calculation....
                      18-10-2019, 05:32 AM
                    • Reply to Leashold extension
                      vmart
                      Hi PAP069

From your post, you are in the throes of negotiating a lease extension on an informal basis.

The first step is to arrange for a surveyor (RICS qualified) to undertake a valuation. The leaseholder pays the landlord's costs for the survey (you can ask for this in advance...
                      18-10-2019, 08:47 AM
                    • Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
                      uoeno
                      Hello. I am the owner of a residential apartment, which I use as my main residence, which is managed by a property management company, to whom I pay a monthly service fee, and a residents management company, of which the PMC is one of the directors. The freehold of the land is owned and managed by a...
                      15-10-2019, 15:50 PM
                    • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
                      scot22
                      I have 're read the original post and it still seems to me that everything is perfectly reasonable. However, if selling avoid disputes with neighbours.
                      Block any email address you don't want to receive. Chase up your estate agent and escape asap.
                      17-10-2019, 18:59 PM
                    • Doubling rent
                      SandraHope
                      My solicitor has strongly advised me against purchasing a flat as it has just come to light that the recently renewed lease has had its ground rent increased 100% and it is also on a doubling basis. My solicitor has advised us that mortgage companies are becoming more reluctant to offer mortgages on...
                      16-10-2019, 19:31 PM
                    • Reply to Doubling rent
                      michelle230
                      Good to know if you have children/grandchildren, you'll be more than happy for them to purchase these traps. At least * someone * will be lucky enough to escape and pass on the burden....
                      17-10-2019, 17:21 PM
                    • Reply to Doubling rent
                      michelle230
                      Gordon999 Spot on!...
                      17-10-2019, 17:16 PM
                    • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
                      Jon66
                      Perhaps you would be better off finding a more suitable property as clearly this one is no longer suitable. By the sounds of it, all parties would see this as a good solution.

Just because your circumstances change, trying to bend the lease to suit this is probably not the best way of...
                      17-10-2019, 15:40 PM
                    Working...
                    X