• Show
Clear All

Warning to anyone wanting to respond: Multiple replicate threads

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't have any problem with issues being posted more than once. New people can join the forum, further thought perhaps from a different view can lead to an opinion evolving ( change your mind ! )

Comment

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
            I don't have any problem with issues being posted more than once. New people can join the forum, further thought perhaps from a different view can lead to an opinion evolving ( change your mind ! )
            Most of the serious (or less serious) long time posters here do object. because it is not possible to make sense of a specific scenario when you get multiple parts of it in different threads on different days of the same week, with thoughtful comments detached from each other.

We are not talking about similar scenarios being discussed by different people. We are talking about wasting time and disrespecting everyone involved.

Also see forum rule 11 - so it is not just my opinion it is the RULE

Comment

Admission, I had not read the rules. Wish they applied to each and every forum on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
                Did you have a survey done?
                Yes a chartered RICS surveyor surveyed the property and has not considered its history..he seems to have surveyed the property as a modern building and I have now found out he has mentioned nothing about movement which means the building has not been insured properly.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
                  I would say that sometimes some issues come up and sometimes not all the facts are known at the time so through further asking on this site it helps when things which are new come up so that we can hep each other...its not duplication, its about exploring and finding out what are all the facts...people can comment or have a choice not to comment.

Comment

That's what I think.

Comment

How are we supposed to know it is a newly written lease by the conveyancer?? Maybe that is because you are sending one liners in multiple threads no one can be bothered to locate.

An obligation to maintain something that is not there would seem to be a clause with no effect. Boilerplate contracts often have clauses that cover things that might not apply to the circumstances. "Repair and maintain" does not mean you have to improve anything.

Why would you sign a contract you did not read and then object later?
                      Andrew...when I bought a property I asked the conveyancing solicitor and a surveyor to provide me with paid professional advice...I trusted and relied on this advise most people do...so in 2018 it transpires that dues to a number of property issues what I have been told by these so called " professionals" does not quite add up...so I go googling, investigating, speaking to other professionals and asking for helpful advice on this site in the hope others may be able to shed some light on their experience and their own issues so we can all help each other..I have not signed a contract I have not read, I have been provided with a contract and building insurance which does not meet the needs of the building as my stupid surveyor and seller misled us..

Comment

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
                        That's what I think.
                        Yes thank you Scot so today I found out about a fab company called TyMawr who offer enviromentally traditional products which I will be buying to help remove the wrong plaster and paint and I have been told about Newton waterproofing which is another good tanking solution for any listed buildings which many Council heritage and conservation officers approve of..

Comment

Thanks for the warning however dysfunctional company directors is a different subject its company law opposed to lease law about damp and other property issues.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                            Are you trying to pick holes to get your fees reduced? Frankly if my listed building needed a DPC, I would not bother asking the jobsworths for permission either.
                            What on earth are you trying to say?

Comment

No not duplicate...another issue..

Comment

Originally posted by Stacker View Post

What on earth are you trying to say?
                                That you are obviously looking to make claims on people's indemnity policies for spurious reasons?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Service charge budget for 2020
                                  by Gordon999
                                  The budget proposal is a rough estimate of maintenance spending for the year and is used to calculated what each flat should be charged for their annual service charge levy.

The audited accounts which are produce about 6 months after the year end will show you what was actually spent
                                  20-11-2019, 02:24 AM
                                • Service charge budget for 2020
                                  by stum
                                  Hi
                                  I have received a budget for the servcie charges for 2020. This is sent as a budget proposal, but at same time suggests that charges will start in January 2020, making it not a proposal but a matter of fact, as far as the service agent is concerned.
                                  I am querying one of the proposed...
                                  19-11-2019, 20:53 PM
                                • Service Charge Percentage Wrong
                                  by gidoc
                                  Dear all,
                                  I hope this forum can guide me to the next step. I have a leasehold apartment, which I purchased in July 2007. I have never been able to go through the whole lease esp the page no1, which clearly defines the service charges as 1%. I am however been charged 2%( extra 1% for communal areas,...
                                  17-11-2019, 21:47 PM
                                • Reply to Service Charge Percentage Wrong
                                  by leaseholder64
                                  I've re-read the lease extract, and it still seems to me that most of the items under block costs relate to internal common area items.

What I suspect has happened is that 4 of the leases have different wordings, that fail to cover those items, and those don't get the internal items list,...
                                  20-11-2019, 00:42 AM
                                  by leaseholder64
                                  Looks like there are 101 properties on the estate, 96 of them contribute to your apartment charge and 92 to your internal charge.

What are the actual numbers in each category?

The actual percentages differ from the lease, but are more accurate for an equal split 101/96/92 ways....
                                  20-11-2019, 00:25 AM
                                  by gidoc
                                  Here is a breakdown of service charges:
                                  the internal area cost- is not being paid by equivalent apartments(very few)- which do not have internal areas.
                                  thanks...
                                  19-11-2019, 23:03 PM
                                • Reply to Service charge budget for 2020
                                  by leaseholder64
                                  Only if the lease requires that. There is no legal requirement to provide details of the budget, although it is best practice to do so.

The typical reason for seeing new types of charge is health and safety, e.g. emergency light testing.
                                  19-11-2019, 21:52 PM
                                  by gidoc
                                  Landlord is a Private holding company ( commercial )
                                  I have set up a telephone adv from The Leasehold Advisory Service

FTT and tribunal should be next step

and then small claims court for debt recovery if all goes ok

hope I got that in the right order....
                                  19-11-2019, 21:34 PM
                                • RMC - Dormant Status with HMRC - Banking
                                  by bigalxyz
                                  I'm one of the directors of an RMC looking after a leasehold building (having recently taken over from an external property manager).

The company is dormant at HMRC. It has a business account, unused. All of our funds (service charge monies) are in a separate client account.

19-11-2019, 14:44 PM
                                • Reply to RMC - Dormant Status with HMRC - Banking
                                  by bigalxyz
                                  Thank you.

1. When you say “separate from personal expenses” - I don’t understand. Which expenses are you referring to?

2. Ok (I think)

3. I have a debit card for the RMC’s normal business account, but not for the “bolt on” client account. I wasn’t...
                                  19-11-2019, 18:54 PM
                                Working...
                                X