• Show
Clear All

Warning to anyone wanting to respond: Multiple replicate threads

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't have any problem with issues being posted more than once. New people can join the forum, further thought perhaps from a different view can lead to an opinion evolving ( change your mind ! )

Comment

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
            I don't have any problem with issues being posted more than once. New people can join the forum, further thought perhaps from a different view can lead to an opinion evolving ( change your mind ! )
            Most of the serious (or less serious) long time posters here do object. because it is not possible to make sense of a specific scenario when you get multiple parts of it in different threads on different days of the same week, with thoughtful comments detached from each other.

We are not talking about similar scenarios being discussed by different people. We are talking about wasting time and disrespecting everyone involved.

Also see forum rule 11 - so it is not just my opinion it is the RULE

Comment

Admission, I had not read the rules. Wish they applied to each and every forum on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
                Did you have a survey done?
                Yes a chartered RICS surveyor surveyed the property and has not considered its history..he seems to have surveyed the property as a modern building and I have now found out he has mentioned nothing about movement which means the building has not been insured properly.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
                  I would say that sometimes some issues come up and sometimes not all the facts are known at the time so through further asking on this site it helps when things which are new come up so that we can hep each other...its not duplication, its about exploring and finding out what are all the facts...people can comment or have a choice not to comment.

Comment

That's what I think.

Comment

How are we supposed to know it is a newly written lease by the conveyancer?? Maybe that is because you are sending one liners in multiple threads no one can be bothered to locate.

An obligation to maintain something that is not there would seem to be a clause with no effect. Boilerplate contracts often have clauses that cover things that might not apply to the circumstances. "Repair and maintain" does not mean you have to improve anything.

Why would you sign a contract you did not read and then object later?
                      Andrew...when I bought a property I asked the conveyancing solicitor and a surveyor to provide me with paid professional advice...I trusted and relied on this advise most people do...so in 2018 it transpires that dues to a number of property issues what I have been told by these so called " professionals" does not quite add up...so I go googling, investigating, speaking to other professionals and asking for helpful advice on this site in the hope others may be able to shed some light on their experience and their own issues so we can all help each other..I have not signed a contract I have not read, I have been provided with a contract and building insurance which does not meet the needs of the building as my stupid surveyor and seller misled us..

Comment

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
                        That's what I think.
                        Yes thank you Scot so today I found out about a fab company called TyMawr who offer enviromentally traditional products which I will be buying to help remove the wrong plaster and paint and I have been told about Newton waterproofing which is another good tanking solution for any listed buildings which many Council heritage and conservation officers approve of..

Comment

Thanks for the warning however dysfunctional company directors is a different subject its company law opposed to lease law about damp and other property issues.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                            Are you trying to pick holes to get your fees reduced? Frankly if my listed building needed a DPC, I would not bother asking the jobsworths for permission either.
                            What on earth are you trying to say?

Comment

No not duplicate...another issue..

Comment

Originally posted by Stacker View Post

What on earth are you trying to say?
                                That you are obviously looking to make claims on people's indemnity policies for spurious reasons?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Lease extension not on Land Registry
                                  JasUK
                                  Hi,
                                  I went to view a property which I am really interested in. I have a few issues I'd really appreciate some advice on:

1. The estate agent told me the lease is 150 years. I downloaded the title deed from the Land Registry. This states that the term of the lease is 99 years from...
                                  13-10-2019, 12:27 PM
                                • Reply to Lease extension not on Land Registry
                                  JasUK
                                  Thanks so much guys!! I spoke to the estate agent and you were right. They have extended the lease but their solicitor hasn't yet submitted the registration with the land registry. I haven't seen a copy of the lease yet but apparently there is right to park, so looking much more promising than I initially...
                                  18-10-2019, 13:13 PM
                                • Leashold extension
                                  PAP069
                                  Hi there,

I am the freeholder of a buiding of flats in London NW6.
                                  One of the leasholders is selling the flat and required to extend the lease and i want to understand how i can calculate the premium. Ofcourse i will use a solicitor but i just want a brief explanation of the calculation....
                                  18-10-2019, 05:32 AM
                                • Reply to Leashold extension
                                  vmart
                                  Hi PAP069

From your post, you are in the throes of negotiating a lease extension on an informal basis.

The first step is to arrange for a surveyor (RICS qualified) to undertake a valuation. The leaseholder pays the landlord's costs for the survey (you can ask for this in advance...
                                  18-10-2019, 08:47 AM
                                • Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
                                  uoeno
                                  Hello. I am the owner of a residential apartment, which I use as my main residence, which is managed by a property management company, to whom I pay a monthly service fee, and a residents management company, of which the PMC is one of the directors. The freehold of the land is owned and managed by a...
                                  15-10-2019, 15:50 PM
                                • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
                                  scot22
                                  I have 're read the original post and it still seems to me that everything is perfectly reasonable. However, if selling avoid disputes with neighbours.
                                  Block any email address you don't want to receive. Chase up your estate agent and escape asap.
                                  17-10-2019, 18:59 PM
                                • Doubling rent
                                  SandraHope
                                  My solicitor has strongly advised me against purchasing a flat as it has just come to light that the recently renewed lease has had its ground rent increased 100% and it is also on a doubling basis. My solicitor has advised us that mortgage companies are becoming more reluctant to offer mortgages on...
                                  16-10-2019, 19:31 PM
                                • Reply to Doubling rent
                                  michelle230
                                  Good to know if you have children/grandchildren, you'll be more than happy for them to purchase these traps. At least * someone * will be lucky enough to escape and pass on the burden....
                                  17-10-2019, 17:21 PM
                                • Reply to Doubling rent
                                  michelle230
                                  Gordon999 Spot on!...
                                  17-10-2019, 17:16 PM
                                • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
                                  Jon66
                                  Perhaps you would be better off finding a more suitable property as clearly this one is no longer suitable. By the sounds of it, all parties would see this as a good solution.

Just because your circumstances change, trying to bend the lease to suit this is probably not the best way of...
                                  17-10-2019, 15:40 PM
                                Working...
                                X