• Show
Clear All

Warning to anyone wanting to respond: Multiple replicate threads

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't have any problem with issues being posted more than once. New people can join the forum, further thought perhaps from a different view can lead to an opinion evolving ( change your mind ! )

Comment

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
            I don't have any problem with issues being posted more than once. New people can join the forum, further thought perhaps from a different view can lead to an opinion evolving ( change your mind ! )
            Most of the serious (or less serious) long time posters here do object. because it is not possible to make sense of a specific scenario when you get multiple parts of it in different threads on different days of the same week, with thoughtful comments detached from each other.

We are not talking about similar scenarios being discussed by different people. We are talking about wasting time and disrespecting everyone involved.

Also see forum rule 11 - so it is not just my opinion it is the RULE

Comment

Admission, I had not read the rules. Wish they applied to each and every forum on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
                Did you have a survey done?
                Yes a chartered RICS surveyor surveyed the property and has not considered its history..he seems to have surveyed the property as a modern building and I have now found out he has mentioned nothing about movement which means the building has not been insured properly.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
                  I would say that sometimes some issues come up and sometimes not all the facts are known at the time so through further asking on this site it helps when things which are new come up so that we can hep each other...its not duplication, its about exploring and finding out what are all the facts...people can comment or have a choice not to comment.

Comment

That's what I think.

Comment

How are we supposed to know it is a newly written lease by the conveyancer?? Maybe that is because you are sending one liners in multiple threads no one can be bothered to locate.

An obligation to maintain something that is not there would seem to be a clause with no effect. Boilerplate contracts often have clauses that cover things that might not apply to the circumstances. "Repair and maintain" does not mean you have to improve anything.

Why would you sign a contract you did not read and then object later?
                      Andrew...when I bought a property I asked the conveyancing solicitor and a surveyor to provide me with paid professional advice...I trusted and relied on this advise most people do...so in 2018 it transpires that dues to a number of property issues what I have been told by these so called " professionals" does not quite add up...so I go googling, investigating, speaking to other professionals and asking for helpful advice on this site in the hope others may be able to shed some light on their experience and their own issues so we can all help each other..I have not signed a contract I have not read, I have been provided with a contract and building insurance which does not meet the needs of the building as my stupid surveyor and seller misled us..

Comment

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
                        That's what I think.
                        Yes thank you Scot so today I found out about a fab company called TyMawr who offer enviromentally traditional products which I will be buying to help remove the wrong plaster and paint and I have been told about Newton waterproofing which is another good tanking solution for any listed buildings which many Council heritage and conservation officers approve of..

Comment

Thanks for the warning however dysfunctional company directors is a different subject its company law opposed to lease law about damp and other property issues.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                            Are you trying to pick holes to get your fees reduced? Frankly if my listed building needed a DPC, I would not bother asking the jobsworths for permission either.
                            What on earth are you trying to say?

Comment

No not duplicate...another issue..

Comment

Originally posted by Stacker View Post

What on earth are you trying to say?
                                That you are obviously looking to make claims on people's indemnity policies for spurious reasons?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Correct Accounting report for an RMC
                                  by Libra
                                  I am wondering what is the correct accounting report for an RMC, that is owned by the leaseholders / freeholders and also owns the freehold.
                                  Has the Tec/03/11 been superseded? Is the Financial reporting standard 102 section 1A appropriate?
                                  Is it correct to report that the reserve fund...
                                  07-12-2019, 16:49 PM
                                • Reply to Correct Accounting report for an RMC
                                  by Libra
                                  Thank you Leaseholder 64. I
                                  07-12-2019, 20:05 PM
                                • Reporting the directors of a RMC to be unfit
                                  by Libra
                                  Hello...and thank you for listening
                                  I am wondering if one could report the RMC directors to be unfit - several breaches of Companies Act - blackmailing / coercing the residents / misleading statements regarding the right to acquire the freehold - probably false accounting ( still investigating...
                                  07-12-2019, 16:39 PM
                                • Reply to Reporting the directors of a RMC to be unfit
                                  by Libra
                                  Hello Leaseholder 64,
                                  Thank your for your reply. I didn't think that they are the same issues ...that's why I started another post. I can now see how they can have a common point. To my mind, whether I can report the directors was different to what is the correct account report for a RMC. My apologies....
                                  07-12-2019, 20:00 PM
                                • Reply to Reporting the directors of a RMC to be unfit
                                  by leaseholder64
                                  In practice, this is almost impossible.

I don't understand the not for profit thing. How are the profits being distributed. It is normally possible to get dispensation from tax if temporary excesses are always used for future expenditure. NB. service charge monies are never beneficially...
                                  07-12-2019, 17:37 PM
                                • Reply to Correct Accounting report for an RMC
                                  by leaseholder64
                                  If the reserve fund is established by the lease, it is held on trust, in the same way as the rest of the service charges, and therefore is not owned by the shareholders. In this situation, the shareholders own the company. The company is is the legal owner of the funds, but is not the beneficial owner,...
                                  07-12-2019, 17:20 PM
                                • Reply to new Mgmt increase service charge
                                  by savvy
                                  I have looked at the Lease again. TBH I don't really understand it. The only point that specifically mentions a sinking fund states

"For the provision of a sinking fund for the benefit of all occupiers of the Court but so that no part thereof shall be repayable to any Individual Lessee...
                                  07-12-2019, 15:42 PM
                                • new Mgmt increase service charge
                                  by savvy
                                  Hello and thank-you in advance for taking the time to read my question.

I am the landlord of a leasehold flat in a small block (6 flats in total). I have just received a letter from the new mgmt company with the 2020 service charge & reserve fund budget which has increased to almost...
                                  07-12-2019, 14:27 PM
                                  by savvy
                                  Leasholder64 - yes I meant managing agent

I will get my Lease and have a proper look. As I recall the wording was all a bit vague.
                                  07-12-2019, 15:27 PM
                                  by savvy
                                  I've owned the property since 2001 and there have not been any upgrades to the block just one off repairs when required so it is looking a bit shabby. The reserve fund has accumulated over the years. Also, in 2015 I received a S20 major works notice (repair roof, windows, soffits etc) and an invoice...
                                  07-12-2019, 15:21 PM
                                Working...
                                X