started a topic Lord Best report

Lord Best report

For anyone interested -

Chapter 6 focus on Leasehold..

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-group-report

• michelle230
    replied
    Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
    Esther McVey is a perfect choice, she was brave enough to stand up and then resign from the previous cabinet over the Brexit deal. I have every confidence in her to recognise and propose the changes which need to be made.
    Yikes Eagle! That is indeed an optimistic outlook. In this instance your cup is half full whereas mine is half empty on this occasion!
    Let's hope you are proved right and I am wrong 🙂

Leave a comment:

• michelle230
    replied
    Originally posted by Section20z View Post

They may have renewed their website at great (public) expense but sadly it still gives incorrect legal advice. For example it clearly states that a Landlord can apply to FTT for appointment of a manager. He can't.
    useless bunch of t.......
    Quite!
    Scary to think of how much their incorrect advice could (and has) cost leaseholders who act on advice given by LEASE

Leave a comment:

• eagle2
    replied
    Esther McVey is a perfect choice, she was brave enough to stand up and then resign from the previous cabinet over the Brexit deal. I have every confidence in her to recognise and propose the changes which need to be made.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
    Yes, I was watching TV Channel 232 ( Parliament) today and saw Borus say that leaseholders are being cheated.

I hope the Ministers Robert Jenrick and Esther McVey in MHCLG have noted this reply and introduce real changes including punishing the cheaters .
    It seems the Daily Mirror calls Ester McVey is worrying choice .

"Esther McVey is back in government for the third time - as the Tories' ninth Housing Minister in nine years.

It's a job of grave seriousness, responsible for the re-cladding of hundreds of unsafe tower blocks in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire.

So campaigners may be unnerved by the appointment of bullish Ms McVey - a true-blue Tory who's not exactly known for subtlety - to the sensitive role".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ecord-11831140

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    Originally posted by DCAAA View Post
    I respect your post, and your comment to me to 'move on' I do understand. But, LEASE have had to get their act together since the Law Commission investigation in to the leasehold scandal and prove that they can look out for leaseholders,so,as a result of this their website has been renewed, and ,not cheaply by the looks of it, (tax Payers money funded). I'm sure most people in this conversation know that LEASE have acted on behalf of (given advice) and trained Landlord/freeholders to make as much money as they can from leaseholders...so, there is that...Certainly in my case I was given extremely bad advice which was examined whilst with me by Tan Dhesi MP and Clive Betts MP who both agreed, it sadly lacking. we will all have different experiences and these forums are a great way to air and discuss them, so now I have fully aired and explained, I will move on, now I have made that decision and you have not made it for me! Just saying!
    They may have renewed their website at great (public) expense but sadly it still gives incorrect legal advice. For example it clearly states that a Landlord can apply to FTT for appointment of a manager. He can't.
    useless bunch of t.......

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    Yes, I was watching TV Channel 232 ( Parliament) today and saw Borus say that leaseholders are being cheated.

I hope the Ministers Robert Jenrick and Esther McVey in MHCLG have noted this reply and introduce real changes including punishing the cheaters .

Leave a comment:

• michelle230
    replied
    Boris has already been questioned today in Parliament by Sir Peter Bottomley, about leasehold reform. Boris responded by agreeing that he is aware of the situation and that "leaseholders are being cheated".

Yes..Yes.. I know..

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    The new Housing Secretary ( MHCLG) is Robert Jenrick , MP Newark who replaces James Brokenshire MP. .

Also Esther McVey iMP s appointed a Secretary of State in MHCLG, But I don't know if she is the Minister to replace Heather Wheeler MP and deal with leasehold reform and doubling of ground rents etc..

Leave a comment:

• DCAAA
    replied
    I respect your post, and your comment to me to 'move on' I do understand. But, LEASE have had to get their act together since the Law Commission investigation in to the leasehold scandal and prove that they can look out for leaseholders,so,as a result of this their website has been renewed, and ,not cheaply by the looks of it, (tax Payers money funded). I'm sure most people in this conversation know that LEASE have acted on behalf of (given advice) and trained Landlord/freeholders to make as much money as they can from leaseholders...so, there is that...Certainly in my case I was given extremely bad advice which was examined whilst with me by Tan Dhesi MP and Clive Betts MP who both agreed, it sadly lacking. we will all have different experiences and these forums are a great way to air and discuss them, so now I have fully aired and explained, I will move on, now I have made that decision and you have not made it for me! Just saying!

Leave a comment:

• fos333
    replied
    Originally posted by michelle230 View Post

Ok Eagle ok. Let's draw a line under this. I've got lots of things to do between now and death.
    Truce.
    DCAAA I would ask you respect the above post and move on.

As somebody who has had to invest over 4 years in various issues, all arising from actions by our previous managing agent I can state I have received valid advice from LEASE and also on numerous occasions much appreciated advice from eagle2.

I have also in the past had contact with LKP and am supportive of the issues that they continue to bring to the attention of the government and those in support of them.

There can be no definitive answer to all leasehold issues and I believe my issues arise through the non regulation of managing agents and a bias from an invested organisations, be that RICS or the now defunct Ombudsman Services Property. These organisations receive money from the agents for their membership and consequently find it very difficult to regulate them either due to threats to leave or to take legal action against them.

You need only to google ARMA and their decision to become a secondary regulator.

So in conclusion different leaseholders, with different issues will receive valued advice from various outlets.

In support of LEASE who have helped me in the past they are now offering on line support for RMC/RTM that wish to self manage.

And finally thanks to eagle2 for the contribution he has made in the past to my posts.

Leave a comment:

• DCAAA
    replied
    There are several organisations which have highlighted the need for leasehold reform, including newspapers, magazines, television and radio and it is entirely wrong to single out or credit any one of them. The problem is not new, it existed long before some other organisations were formed.
    BUT, these other organisations have been stimulated by NLC and LKP's work and constant badgering at Government to do something about the leasehold tenure. Do not forget just how long LKP have been at it! and I say again, they are a charity!! come on Eagle you can not dispute that fact!

Leave a comment:

• DCAAA
    replied
    Originally posted by Leaseholdscandal View Post

Could you please expand more about LKP. Leasehold Knowledge Partnership have been instrumental in the leasehold reform work.
    I can tell you, that, without LKP and National leasehold Campaign for that matter, leaseholders would be nowhere further forward in their fight to get justice and proper humane treatment from their landlords! From my personal experience of the help they have given me, and I stress, GIVEN, for no fee, They have been amazing pool of knowledge and support. I got none of this when I contacted the Government run LEASE, not only no good advice, but BAD 'advice' that if I had taken would have been a disaster for my family. ( I gave my evidence of this to the select committee), who were not impressed by LEASE's performance! So, give me NLC and LKP any day!

Leave a comment:

• michelle230
    replied
    There are several organisations which have highlighted the need for leasehold reform, including newspapers, magazines, television and radio and it is entirely wrong to single out or credit any one of them. The problem is not new, it existed long before some other organisations were formed.
    Ok Eagle ok. Let's draw a line under this. I've got lots of things to do between now and death.
    Truce.

Leave a comment:

• eagle2
    replied

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Request to appeal an FTT decision
    vmart
    Hello there

I hope someone can help with answers to the following questions:

1) Where one has legal grounds to appeal an FTT decision, is there a specific form or do you just write to the court providing grounds and requesting leave to appeal within the time limit?
    2)...
    22-09-2019, 13:40 PM
  • Reply to Request to appeal an FTT decision
    eagle2
    Clerical errors can be corrected by the FTT, so it is worth reading carefully the decision and checking that the figures have been adjusted correctly. Sometimes it will fail to amend a figure or calculate the adjustment incorrectly. In these cases, a simple request to the Tribunal will result in an...
    22-09-2019, 21:04 PM
    vmart
    Dear all

Thank you....
    22-09-2019, 17:37 PM
    Macromia
    The article in the link below describes how you can appeal FTT decisions, including a link to a form that can be used.
    http://www.flat-living.co.uk/advice/...-an-ftt-appeal

'Senior Member' on forums like this (or similar 'titles') are usually based on nothing more than...
    22-09-2019, 16:18 PM
  • Property Management bully behaviour
    boboligogo
    Hi everyone,

I would highly appreciate any contribution to this post.

I'll get straight to the point: I am a leaseholder in a block of 8 flats in Leeds. One of the flats belongs to the Freehold owner (Landlord). Ever since I purchased this property we were dealing with a rather...
    18-09-2019, 18:37 PM
  • Reply to Property Management bully behaviour
    eagle2
    Whatever the merits of the case, the MA could be much more helpful to the leaseholder, who is quite right, if the charge is not permitted in the lease, there is no obligation to pay it. So it would be in the MA's interests to simply refer to the clause which it is relying upon. A leaseholder has the...
    22-09-2019, 16:14 PM
    eagle2
    You need permission from the FTT in order to appeal against a decision and you should contact the FTT stating your grounds for appeal. The FTT will then either consent to or deny the appeal. There would be a fee payable to the Upper Tribunal, details of which would be sent to you if the appeal is allowed....
    22-09-2019, 16:03 PM
  • Reply to Property Management bully behaviour
    vmart
    Hello

The salient points have been highlighted by others above. I would suggest your next step is to follow Scott22's advice and contact LEASE for free advice providing them with a copy of your lease.

It is highly likely the Managing Agent (MA) is within their rights to charge...
    22-09-2019, 14:01 PM
  • Shared outside tap
    Baradavies
    I live in a first floor flat, with a strip of garden at the rear. There is currently an outside tap on the side of the house which is only accessible by one ground floor flat.
    I want to install an outside tap on the "communal" side of the house, so that we five flats who don't have direct...
    21-09-2019, 09:45 AM
  • Reply to Shared outside tap
    eagle2
    I recommend that you try to agree a private arrangement with the leaseholder of the ground floor flat. That is much simpler and cost effective than trying to arrange a separate supply....
    22-09-2019, 06:34 AM
Working...
X