New landlord being awkward.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks macromania good advice but we are trying to find out if he legally has to inform us that he is the new freeholder. Do you know ??

Comment

Quoting from the link I already gave you:

(1)If the interest of the landlord under a tenancy of premises which consist of or include a dwelling is assigned, the new landlord shall give notice in writing of the assignment, and of his name and address, to the tenant not later than the next day on which rent is payable under the tenancy or, if that is within two months of the assignment, the end of that period of two months.

Comment

Whether the new freeholder has to inform you that he is the new freeholder has already been answered:
        Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
        There is no requirement for a solicitor to issue the notice. The relevant legislation is https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/70/section/3
        He needs to inform you before any rent or service charge payments become due, or within two months of acquiring the freehold (whichever is the later - although if he sends demands out within two months they won't be payable if the freeholders name and an address for service of notices is not given on the demand).

Comment

Ok you have been most helpful. Thankyou for your time and patience with me. Do you know if his address can be his place of work as in the takeaway or does it have to be his home address. ??
          Last edited by petworld123; 18-07-2019, 18:10 PM. Reason: Additional question.

Comment

Have you tried to obtain the freehold register from Land registry? £3 if my memory doesnt fail me

Comment

Yes Anna it is still showing the old freeholder. It hasnt been changed.

Comment

Originally posted by petworld123 View Post
                Yes Anna it is still showing the old freeholder. It hasnt been changed.
                Can I double check that this is the freehold title, and not information held against your leasehold title?

If so, something is seriously wrong.

Comment

No sorry you are correct 64

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X