Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responsibility to pay for soil pipe repair

Hi all I need some advice please?
    I have a 1st floor flat, one above and one below. The soil pipe boss was once hacked off in my flat before my time. We have put in a new toilet and it's now leaking from the flat above. Due the the historical damage its a very expensive repair. Is this my responsibility to pay for this repair? The Soil pipe is owned by the freehold company.
    Please advise
    Thank you

Yes we developed a downstairs leak, and it was actually my love for deep baths, combined with the overflow coming apart from the pipe slightly. Luckily the plumber spotted it in 10 minutes.

Comment

In a case like this I can understand the leaseholder of the upper level flat not wishing to pay for further investigations into the cause of the leak if they believe that they have already paid for all relevant investigation into the situation and are therefore certain that the problem has not been caused by anything that they are responsible for.

The risk is that the cost of investigation work by the other leaseholder, or the freeholder, and the costs of any legal action, might be passed on to the leaseholder of the upper flat if it is later found that the source of the leak is their responsibility.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X