Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon999
    replied
    Thank you for the link to Select Committee..

I have noticed that Bob Blackman MP Harrow East ( 4th speaker ) disclosed that Bellways CEO has told the Select Committee that it is their practice to sell the freehold to a finance company , about 6 months after site completion..

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Lease extension not on Land Registry
    JasUK
    Hi,
    I went to view a property which I am really interested in. I have a few issues I'd really appreciate some advice on:

1. The estate agent told me the lease is 150 years. I downloaded the title deed from the Land Registry. This states that the term of the lease is 99 years from...
    13-10-2019, 12:27 PM
  • Reply to Lease extension not on Land Registry
    JasUK
    Thanks so much guys!! I spoke to the estate agent and you were right. They have extended the lease but their solicitor hasn't yet submitted the registration with the land registry. I haven't seen a copy of the lease yet but apparently there is right to park, so looking much more promising than I initially...
    18-10-2019, 13:13 PM
  • Leashold extension
    PAP069
    Hi there,

I am the freeholder of a buiding of flats in London NW6.
    One of the leasholders is selling the flat and required to extend the lease and i want to understand how i can calculate the premium. Ofcourse i will use a solicitor but i just want a brief explanation of the calculation....
    18-10-2019, 05:32 AM
  • Reply to Leashold extension
    vmart
    Hi PAP069

From your post, you are in the throes of negotiating a lease extension on an informal basis.

The first step is to arrange for a surveyor (RICS qualified) to undertake a valuation. The leaseholder pays the landlord's costs for the survey (you can ask for this in advance...
    18-10-2019, 08:47 AM
  • Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
    uoeno
    Hello. I am the owner of a residential apartment, which I use as my main residence, which is managed by a property management company, to whom I pay a monthly service fee, and a residents management company, of which the PMC is one of the directors. The freehold of the land is owned and managed by a...
    15-10-2019, 15:50 PM
  • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
    scot22
    I have 're read the original post and it still seems to me that everything is perfectly reasonable. However, if selling avoid disputes with neighbours.
    Block any email address you don't want to receive. Chase up your estate agent and escape asap.
    17-10-2019, 18:59 PM
  • Doubling rent
    SandraHope
    My solicitor has strongly advised me against purchasing a flat as it has just come to light that the recently renewed lease has had its ground rent increased 100% and it is also on a doubling basis. My solicitor has advised us that mortgage companies are becoming more reluctant to offer mortgages on...
    16-10-2019, 19:31 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    michelle230
    Good to know if you have children/grandchildren, you'll be more than happy for them to purchase these traps. At least * someone * will be lucky enough to escape and pass on the burden....
    17-10-2019, 17:21 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    michelle230
    Gordon999 Spot on!...
    17-10-2019, 17:16 PM
  • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
    Jon66
    Perhaps you would be better off finding a more suitable property as clearly this one is no longer suitable. By the sounds of it, all parties would see this as a good solution.

Just because your circumstances change, trying to bend the lease to suit this is probably not the best way of...
    17-10-2019, 15:40 PM
Working...
X