Freehold valuation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna1985 View Post
    We are buying freehold, there is no change of leases, apart from maybe extending them in one transaction to save on legal costs in the future
    Yes, sorry - I didn't check what I was replying to properly.

I would expect freehold purchase via informal versus statutory routes to have similar potential risks, but it can't hurt to see what you are offered.

Comment

Yes, it doesn't. Though I think I'm not getting the best deal but it seems like a deal at the moment

Comment

Have you studied this free guide to 2 methods of valuation cost for enfranchising of leasehold house ?

https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-...ses-valuation/

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
          Have you studied this free guide to 2 methods of valuation cost for enfranchising of leasehold house ?

https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-...ses-valuation/
          Yes and the convertion has happened in 1978 so there is no cheap way for us.

all of this situation with the leasehold reform is like a carrot in front of the donkey, imho

Comment

Hi,
            have sent Land Registry a request for the lease but didn't hear back anything as yet.

How long does it take ?
            Thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Underlet registration fee
              Relentlessuk
              hi,

My freehold management company, also known as the Devil, {Mod - name removed}, are requesting an £138 underlet registration fee from me. I realise its been discussed umpteen times but thought if I post the clause (attached) they are relying upon I might find someone with a better mind...
              02-08-2019, 19:02 PM
            • Reply to Underlet registration fee
              eagle2
              The solicitors are correct, the LVT does not have the power because it ceased to exist in June 2013.

The FTT would also not have the jurisdiction to consider the charge because it is not a variable administration charge, you have the right to choose a fixed fee of £5 as stated by Lawcruncher...
              20-08-2019, 04:47 AM
            • HELP - lease clause
              Jake0254
              Hello

Im due to complete on Monday which is the scariest part of this. I have a house cat. My lease is POORLY worded with a clause that says:

" No pets may be kept in a flat and where the property is a house you must not keep any animal including livestock except a pet...
              16-08-2019, 23:15 PM
            • Reply to HELP - lease clause
              HazeltonLane
              The property agent told you you can get consent for a house cat.

Your solicitor told you the lease says cats can be kept with consent.

The HA told you that they would grant permission pending the information provided. Presumably they want to reserve the right to refuse if you...
              20-08-2019, 01:17 AM
              leaseholder64
              The power seems to have existed since September 2004, which is before the FTT replaced the LVT (Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002, Schedule 11).
              19-08-2019, 21:27 PM
              Jake0254
              Yes that’s right, he interprets it the same way as the HA do - the HA have clarified their position that it is, in their opinion, a blanket ban on pets in flats. The solicitor would therefore then argue that such a term would be considered unfair and therefore not legally binding....
              19-08-2019, 20:55 PM
              Jake0254
              I have already researched that case actually - the question in that case is whether the management company was reasonable in its refusal. This is quite different to this situation, whereby a blanket ban (which the HA are implying they have) allows no potential special circumstances to be taken into...
              19-08-2019, 20:52 PM
              Relentlessuk
              Well its been two weeks and they still haven't responded to my request for the freeholders solicitors details. we shall see what happens....

they did send previously a templated response saying that "the LVT does not have power to rule that a registration fee is unreasonable"....
              19-08-2019, 19:36 PM
              Macromia
              My comment regarding livestock was intended to be tongue in cheek!
              I think that you'd have to be more specific than "indoors" though - factory farmed livestock might not see anything other than the inside of a building until loaded into a cramped truck to be taken for slaughter.
              19-08-2019, 18:29 PM
              AndrewDod
              I tried to post a bunch of medical links on the health effects of cats in buildings to others in the building. But seemingly if you have more than a few links your post gets killed.

Anyway, I'm with jpkeates (and most others) on this one. Perhaps OPs solicitor will help out with the 70K...
              19-08-2019, 16:34 PM
            Working...
            X