Company By Limited Guarantee Membership Certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company By Limited Guarantee Membership Certificate

Hey Guys, I'm again turning to this forum for advise.

The Property Company Management I am part of is a Company By Limited Guarantee and not having a share capital. Does one need to pay a fee for a membership certificate ?

It is unusual for any certificates to be issued these days, the details are usually kept electronically.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
      It is unusual for any certificates to be issued these days, the details are usually kept electronically.
      Good to know, thanks eagle2.

Comment

You can visit the Companies House website and search for the records of your company.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
          You can visit the Companies House website and search for the records of your company.
          Companies House doesn't have membership records for limited by guarantee companies.

Comment

You can apply to inspect the register of members if you wish to verify that you are recorded as a member of the Company.

Comment

If you are listed as a director in the records of limited compny at Companies House, you must be a member of the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
                If you are listed as a director in the records of limited compny at Companies House, you must be a member of the company.
                Directors don't have to be members of the company unless the articles say otherwise. In particular, RTM directors do not need to be members of the company.

Directors do need to be notified to Companies House.

Comment

How do we get from share certificates to directors? Are we acting like politicians now with random answers which do not necessarily fit the questions?

Comment

Thanks guys. It does appear the Companies House website only provides information on the company's filing history and officers. Hows does one apply to inspect the register of members?

Comment

Share certificate -> evidence of membership.
                      Share certificate not necessary if other evidence of membership.
                      Directors must be be members (FALSE PREMISE)
                      Directors must be registered at Companies House
                      Being registered as a director is evidence of membership (CONCLUSION FROM FALSE PREMISE)
                      Share certificates are not needed as evidence of membership for directors (CONCLUSION FROM FALSE PREMISE)

Note that it was Gordon,not me, who introduced directors.

Comment

See section 116 of https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...rt/8/chapter/2

You will need to pay up to a statutory fee if you turn out not to be a member.

Comment

Thanks leaseholder64. Mine says no share capital. I take it, I will not get a share certificate but membership certificate? How do I go about obtaining a membership certificate?
                          Attached Files

Comment

You cannot get a share certificate. It used to be common for membership certificates to be issued, but my RMC has never issued one and most national membership societies seem to have stopped issuing them.

Unless they are renewed annually, they have little evidential value, as you are likely to keep the certificate even if membership ceases.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks leaseholder64.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Secret commissions
                                Stacker
                                The issue of freeholders and managing agents fiddling insurance commissions at leaseholders’ expense was raised in the Times earlier this month.

Sir Peter, 74, said that secret commissions were part of a broader pattern of mistreatment of leaseholders. “Those receiving cowboy commissions...
                                18-07-2019, 20:27 PM
                              • Reply to Secret commissions
                                michelle230
                                I have a copy of my policy but often you won't be given it. Or you may just get the page showing basic insurance details of your particular block but not the full policy details.
                                I was told my F/H doesn't add on commission but I dont believe that. There's so many ways they can inflate the cost....
                                21-07-2019, 23:47 PM
                              • Lord Best report
                                michelle230
                                For anyone interested -

Chapter 6 focus on Leasehold..

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-group-report
                                18-07-2019, 12:46 PM
                              • Reply to Lord Best report
                                michelle230
                                Desamax - did you maybe mean "invariably" lol...
                                21-07-2019, 22:27 PM
                                Leaseholdscandal
                                Could you please expand more about LKP. Leasehold Knowledge Partnership have been instrumental in the leasehold reform work....
                                21-07-2019, 22:18 PM
                                desamax
                                Someone will already have worked out that there are profits to be made from buying leaseholds from overly pessimistic owners at distressed prices, holding them for a couple of years and then enfranchising. I don’t think we have heard the end of the scandal yet.
                                Rather, we are about to see one...
                                21-07-2019, 21:49 PM
                                desamax
                                LKP have some interesting proposals on common hold, they have helped and advised leaseholders Change to common hold that indecently works far better than leasehold worldwide.
                                If anyone wants to direct any concerns their way I sure they will put you in the picture.

https://www.lea...
                                21-07-2019, 21:37 PM
                                Stacker
                                Secret profit commissions are a criminal offence under the Bribery Act 2010 and if an insurance broker is found to be liable, the courts may also charge the Directors and other Officers of the company. Therefore, there is an added incentive for insurance brokerage firms to tighten up their systems and...
                                21-07-2019, 20:04 PM
                                Stacker
                                Secret profit commissions are a criminal offence under the Bribery Act 2010 and if an insurance broker is found to be liable, the courts may also charge the Directors and other Officers of the company. Therefore, there is an added incentive for insurance brokerage firms to tighten up their systems and...
                                21-07-2019, 19:57 PM
                                Stacker
                                Bribery ACT 2019 Commission

Can a payment of commission be classed as a bribe under the Act? In situations where a party has a conflict of interest and accepts a commission on the basis that he or she will improperly direct more business to a party, yes it can. An example of this could arise...
                                21-07-2019, 19:42 PM
                              Working...
                              X