Help Please...Example of Completed FTT Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please...Example of Completed FTT Form

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has to hand (or can signpost me to copies online) an example of a completed 'Disputed service/admin charges' form used by the FTT for leaseholders, freeholders and the panel to complete. I have the form which does not appear to allow much space for comments so would be interested to see how others approached this.

Thank you.

You'll be asked to submit a statement at a later date. The form is really just to tell the FTT what further questions to ask you.

However, make sure you put down on the form all the items you dispute. You can't add them later.

Comment

On the form to challenge service charges, you should identify the accounting years and your share of the service charges which you are disputing for each year. On the form to challenge administration charges, you should identify the specific charges ie amounts and dates which you are disputing.

The FTT will then issue directions or call a Case Management Conference followed by directions.

As JKO says, you will be asked to explain your detailed reasons for disputing charges at a later stage as set out in the directions.

Comment

Dear JKO and Eagle

Thank you for your responses. Actually directions were issued immediately with the form enclosed following the application.

From your comments, it is in the statement I should include the detail.

Is there anywhere I can find completed copies (examples) of the form? Is there an electronic version?

Thank you.

Comment

What do the directions say? Do they refer to a schedule, if so they should give you a sample or can apply to the Tribunal office for one. Typically the schedule will continue columns for the description of the charge, the amount claimed as service charge, the amount you are willing to pay, your reasons, a column for the landlord to complete, a column to be left blank for the tribunal. The columns may be narrow but you should wrap the text so that the depth adjusts automatically.

Comment

I usually use word or excel to prepare the schedules, I am not aware of an electronic version being available

Comment

Dear Eagle

There was no example but I will contact the Tribunal as you suggested. I only have a paper copy this is the issue. If it was electronic (excel) it would not be a problem.

Is it acceptable if I create my own electronic copy for completion laying it out per the format of the Tribunal's form?

Thank you.

Comment

You can download this word file and complete in word: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ervice-charges

Comment

The electronic version of the service charge form is leasehold-3-eng.doc

There is also an administration charges one.

Comment

Originally posted by vmart View Post
                    Dear Eagle

There was no example but I will contact the Tribunal as you suggested. I only have a paper copy this is the issue. If it was electronic (excel) it would not be a problem.

Is it acceptable if I create my own electronic copy for completion laying it out per the format of the Tribunal's form?

Thank you.
                    Yes, you can design it yourself using eg word or excel, as long as you follow the headings suggested by the Tribunal

Comment

You may be able to find a template if you search for "Scott Schedule", it is known by that name as well, but I design my own and that is acceptable to a Tribunal.

Comment

Dear all

Thank you for your help. The links took me to the application form which is not the form I need. I think best to create my own following the Tribunal's format as Eagle confirmed this is permitted.

Once again thank you for your efforts.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Doubling rent
                          SandraHope
                          My solicitor has strongly advised me against purchasing a flat as it has just come to light that the recently renewed lease has had its ground rent increased 100% and it is also on a doubling basis. My solicitor has advised us that mortgage companies are becoming more reluctant to offer mortgages on...
                          16-10-2019, 19:31 PM
                        • Reply to Doubling rent
                          SandraHope
                          Thank you so much. What you have said makes sense but the solicitor has put the fear of god into us and the mortgage broker also seemed concerned when we informed him. We are so close to exchanging that it is a bitter pill to swallow not to mention all the money we have lost. I think if we went ahead...
                          17-10-2019, 05:31 AM
                        • Reply to Doubling rent
                          michelle230
                          Please listen to your solicitor. He is advising you correctly.
                          0.1% is a problem which many lenders are now refusing to lend on.
                          The massive jump from £30 to £300 g/r means the lease extension was an informal one rather than a formal one. This is not good! (If unsure of the difference...
                          17-10-2019, 05:29 AM
                        • Reply to Doubling rent
                          sgclacy
                          This near hysteria that has broken out of late makes the ground rent terms on this flat seem like a problem to some buyers and lenders. There is nothing worrying about the terms of this lease - £300 is not a trival sum but neither is it so large as to cause worry and panic. Let’s get some perspective...
                          16-10-2019, 22:07 PM
                        • Reply to Doubling rent
                          AndrewDod
                          Doubling every 33 years is way way below even the lowest estimates of inflation. That sounds like a great deal. Doubling every 15 years or so would be at about general inflation (or even every 5 years given a few years of a Corbyn disaster)....
                          16-10-2019, 20:46 PM
                        • Management Company Costs
                          Harwood
                          Hello all

I wonder if somebody with "real life experience" could give me an indicative cost for a MC to manage 4 Leasehold flats within a converted building?
                          It is currently self managed by a limited Company comprising the 4 directors who are also shareholders of the freehold....
                          14-10-2019, 07:18 AM
                        • Reply to Management Company Costs
                          jrsteeve
                          My company, based in Manchester, would quote between £900-£1300 per year depending on the size, scope of regular maintenance, inspection and Director meeting frequency. It's difficult to apply a per unit price when there aren't many, we need to make sure we can afford to actually manage the site,...
                          16-10-2019, 20:13 PM
                        • Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
                          uoeno
                          Hello. I am the owner of a residential apartment, which I use as my main residence, which is managed by a property management company, to whom I pay a monthly service fee, and a residents management company, of which the PMC is one of the directors. The freehold of the land is owned and managed by a...
                          15-10-2019, 15:50 PM
                        • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
                          Macromia
                          I don't see how this would help.
                          If the directors of the PMC are unwilling to allow the OP to park in a visitors spot while he/she is affected by a temporarily physical problem, is it really likely that they would agree to allow them to use a the parking spot if it was specifically set aside for...
                          16-10-2019, 20:03 PM
                        • Reply to Doubling rent
                          SandraHope
                          Yes it is on both counts. it is £300 on a purchase price of £230,000. Doubling every 33 years. I was only increased last year when the lease was extended from £30 to £300
                          16-10-2019, 19:44 PM
                        Working...
                        X