Help Please...Example of Completed FTT Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please...Example of Completed FTT Form

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has to hand (or can signpost me to copies online) an example of a completed 'Disputed service/admin charges' form used by the FTT for leaseholders, freeholders and the panel to complete. I have the form which does not appear to allow much space for comments so would be interested to see how others approached this.

Thank you.

You'll be asked to submit a statement at a later date. The form is really just to tell the FTT what further questions to ask you.

However, make sure you put down on the form all the items you dispute. You can't add them later.

Comment

On the form to challenge service charges, you should identify the accounting years and your share of the service charges which you are disputing for each year. On the form to challenge administration charges, you should identify the specific charges ie amounts and dates which you are disputing.

The FTT will then issue directions or call a Case Management Conference followed by directions.

As JKO says, you will be asked to explain your detailed reasons for disputing charges at a later stage as set out in the directions.

Comment

Dear JKO and Eagle

Thank you for your responses. Actually directions were issued immediately with the form enclosed following the application.

From your comments, it is in the statement I should include the detail.

Is there anywhere I can find completed copies (examples) of the form? Is there an electronic version?

Thank you.

Comment

What do the directions say? Do they refer to a schedule, if so they should give you a sample or can apply to the Tribunal office for one. Typically the schedule will continue columns for the description of the charge, the amount claimed as service charge, the amount you are willing to pay, your reasons, a column for the landlord to complete, a column to be left blank for the tribunal. The columns may be narrow but you should wrap the text so that the depth adjusts automatically.

Comment

I usually use word or excel to prepare the schedules, I am not aware of an electronic version being available

Comment

Dear Eagle

There was no example but I will contact the Tribunal as you suggested. I only have a paper copy this is the issue. If it was electronic (excel) it would not be a problem.

Is it acceptable if I create my own electronic copy for completion laying it out per the format of the Tribunal's form?

Thank you.

Comment

You can download this word file and complete in word: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ervice-charges

Comment

The electronic version of the service charge form is leasehold-3-eng.doc

There is also an administration charges one.

Comment

Originally posted by vmart View Post
                    Dear Eagle

There was no example but I will contact the Tribunal as you suggested. I only have a paper copy this is the issue. If it was electronic (excel) it would not be a problem.

Is it acceptable if I create my own electronic copy for completion laying it out per the format of the Tribunal's form?

Thank you.
                    Yes, you can design it yourself using eg word or excel, as long as you follow the headings suggested by the Tribunal

Comment

You may be able to find a template if you search for "Scott Schedule", it is known by that name as well, but I design my own and that is acceptable to a Tribunal.

Comment

Dear all

Thank you for your help. The links took me to the application form which is not the form I need. I think best to create my own following the Tribunal's format as Eagle confirmed this is permitted.

Once again thank you for your efforts.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New landlord being awkward.
                          petworld123
                          Hi
                          We currently own a flat above a takeaway which we are trying to sell. There is a current 80 year lease on the flat. The previous owner of the shop downstairs sold it on last year. The new owner of the freehold is unwilling to give us a copy of the landlords lease and refusing to give his solicitors...
                          17-07-2019, 16:14 PM
                        • Reply to New landlord being awkward.
                          leaseholder64
                          Who is the landlord referred to here?

You should be able to obtain copies of the various lease contracts from the Land Registry, for low double figures.
                          17-07-2019, 16:20 PM
                        • Reply to New landlord being awkward.
                          JK0
                          Won't your lease remain the same for the next 80 years? They don't get changed when a new freeholder buys.
                          17-07-2019, 16:19 PM
                        • Freeholders breach of the lease
                          surreygirl
                          We had a surveyor in last year in April 2018 which said that the outside render was now porous and needed to be repaired as a matter of urgency and should be a priority. At a meeting they voted to wait for a year until people had saved up the money and also they needed to have an asbestos test done....
                          16-06-2019, 09:39 AM
                        • Reply to Freeholders breach of the lease
                          surreygirl
                          I will start a new thread and thank you for your advice. Thankfully my tenant has a head on her shoulders and is not easily intimidated....
                          17-07-2019, 16:11 PM
                        • Reply to Freeholders breach of the lease
                          surreygirl
                          Yes I will call the citizens advice tomorrow in the UK and ask them what they think. A letter is out as he will see it is from me and send it back, so an email and get someone to post a letter from me from the UK. I will threaten legal action. However I will start a new thread as we are going off track....
                          17-07-2019, 16:10 PM
                        • Disputes with present freeholder
                          hexu
                          Hi there,

It's really a nightmare if the freeholder is bad enough!

When I purchased the property in 2006, the freehold was held by the Council. In August 2007, the Council sold the freehold of the building to a housing association. Major works of the building were planned...
                          15-07-2019, 21:08 PM
                        • Reply to Disputes with present freeholder
                          Macromia
                          Sadly this is too often the case - but the correct action in response to 'unreliable' freeholders is to take appropriate action relative to specific failures.
                          In this case, if major works are the issue, the relevant action is likely to be to challenge the reasonableness or quality of the works...
                          17-07-2019, 15:19 PM
                        • Solicitor incorrectly defined lease terms
                          rjb021080
                          Hi all. looking for some advice.

When buying a shared ownership property, the lease I thought I was buying into was 125 years. This was the paperwork received from the solicitor. The property was purchased in 2008. 11 years down the line and having recently decided to sell the property...
                          17-07-2019, 08:01 AM
                        • Reply to Solicitor incorrectly defined lease terms
                          Gordon999
                          Did you buy the property without seeing the solicitor ?

If you have proof you were informed of 125 years lease, then make a formal complaint against solicitor to SRA
                          17-07-2019, 15:08 PM
                        Working...
                        X