RICS Information Sheet: Whose Documents are they Anyway (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RICS Information Sheet: Whose Documents are they Anyway (2013)

I hope that someone is able to point me in the right direction of where to find a RICS information sheet called "Whose Documents Are They Anyway?"
    This is mentioned in the RICS Property Management Code and relates to documents held by the Managing Agent.
    Many thanks

There is a very distorted version on a site called yumptu.com—it's titled "Who's files are they anyway?" I tried to post the link but my post was censored.
    Apparently you can download it from there if you register, but I haven't tried that.

Comment

This is the latest version of the RICS Residential Management Code ( 2016 ) :

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0160518_en.pdf

Comment

HazeltonLane I saw that, but ignored it because of the poor grammar. Thank you, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post

Which in section 5.5 on page 22 says "You should, in any event, refer to the RICS UK information sheet Whose files are they anyway? (2013)"!

Comment

Is the information you are seeking , mentioned in the latest version released in 2016. ?

Poor grammar is what you have to accept in today's confusing world since state funded comprehensive schools have now replaced many past grammar schools and secondary schools.

Comment

I've just posted where it is mentioned!

My guess is that a membership benefit and not supposed to be seen by clients, and may have been leaked. But the version referenced is readable and doesn't say anything obviously surprising.

Comment

Thank you.
                I was looking at an older version.

Comment

Hi Gordon999,

I have no idea why you constantly refer posters to here because in reality it has no validity what so ever.

I have personally been through the RICS regulatory process twice and they do not even abide by their own code.

Actually in the last complaint Head of Regulation informed me that they are not satisfied that there is a realistic prospect of establishing a liability to disciplinary action against the Firm in relation to these matters.

These matters concerned delay in circulating Service Charge accounts, delay in responding to correspondence, not ensuring sufficient directors were appointed to the MLC, failing to provide statutory accounts to the members, failing to respond to expressions of interest to become a director of the MLC, failure to arrange an AGM, failure to hold the AGM that had been duly called, failure to promptly rearrange the AGM that had been cancelled, failure to comply with it's own CHP and finally a delay in filing the Confirmation Statement.

It concluded by saying I appreciate this may be disappointing for you and may not be the outcome you had hoped for. RICS takes all complaints seriously and has commissioned a full investigation, however, not all complaints result in disciplinary action and, in this instance, RICS will not be proceeding with any action.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post

Which in section 5.5 on page 22 says "You should, in any event, refer to the RICS UK information sheet Whose files are they anyway? (2013)"!
                    The correct reference is 6.6 in the latest version

Comment

Originally posted by josepha333 View Post

Hi Gordon999,

I have no idea why you constantly refer posters to here because in reality it has no validity what so ever.

I have personally been through the RICS regulatory process twice and they do not even abide by their own code.

Actually in the last complaint Head of Regulation informed me that they are not satisfied that there is a realistic prospect of establishing a liability to disciplinary action against the Firm in relation to these matters.

These matters concerned delay in circulating Service Charge accounts, delay in responding to correspondence, not ensuring sufficient directors were appointed to the MLC, failing to provide statutory accounts to the members, failing to respond to expressions of interest to become a director of the MLC, failure to arrange an AGM, failure to hold the AGM that had been duly called, failure to promptly rearrange the AGM that had been cancelled, failure to comply with it's own CHP and finally a delay in filing the Confirmation Statement.

It concluded by saying I appreciate this may be disappointing for you and may not be the outcome you had hoped for. RICS takes all complaints seriously and has commissioned a full investigation, however, not all complaints result in disciplinary action and, in this instance, RICS will not be proceeding with any action.
                      I think that Gordon999 is quite right to refer to the RICS code of conduct, it remains the standard to which managers are supposed to comply and is used by Tribunals.

Compliance is another matter and I agree that the regulatory bodies are not dealing properly with complaints. To be fair, some of the matters you have raised may not be necessarily the fault of the RICS member eg the client would be responsible for complying with the Companies Act and its own Articles.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post

(In this edition, it is in Section 6.6 on Page 42)

There is still no information about how to get this information sheet! Having said that, it does give details about which documents belong to the client.

Is the information you are seeking , mentioned in the latest version released in 2016. ?

Poor grammar is what you have to accept in today's confusing world since state funded comprehensive schools have now replaced many past grammar schools and secondary schools.
                        I am suspicious of downloading material from some websites. The poor standard of grammar was just the start with the website mentioned. In addition, I do not want to register with a site to see information which should be readily available.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post

I think that Gordon999 is quite right to refer to the RICS code of conduct, it remains the standard to which managers are supposed to comply and is used by Tribunals.

Compliance is another matter and I agree that the regulatory bodies are not dealing properly with complaints. To be fair, some of the matters you have raised may not be necessarily the fault of the RICS member eg the client would be responsible for complying with the Companies Act and its own Articles.
                          Gordon999 is right to refer to the RICS Code of Conduct. Especially since I had not located the latest version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by josepha333 View Post

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Novice Freeholder View Post

(In this edition, it is in Section 6.6 on Page 42)
                              I mis-copied the section number. However there are two print layouts for this document. One is that used by the RICS and is how a print copy from them would be formatted, and the other is the version published by the government. I think that explains the page number differences.

My suspicion is that any site publishing the Whose Files document on the web is doing it in breach of copyright and probably NDAs, but the site in question has been doing it for months, without Google flagging it as dangerous. I could view a scanned image, online, without registering. I am using a non-Windows system so cannot comment on any Windows virus risk.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Converting front garden into a driveway.
                                by Section20z
                                I think paving could be argued to be a normal use of a garden, (bearing in mind it will need to be permeable anyway for building regs) If the other 2 flats aren't going to complain then I'd be inclined to just do it.
                                What's the worst that can happen.......
                                31-03-2020, 21:39 PM
                              • Converting front garden into a driveway.
                                by ForumFirstTimer
                                Hello,

I purchased my ground floor flat last year, its a converted house with 3 flats in. It has a small front garden which is 100% mine within the lease, but it is large enough that it would fit a car on it.

The 'Garden' right now it just patchy weeds.

My question...
                                30-03-2020, 15:09 PM
                              • Reply to Sole Director
                                by Stacker
                                The articles clearly sate no decisions to be taken unless the meeting is quorate meaning directors - the board, the same for shareholder meetings. A sole director can impose his sole authority if he is the only shareholder however the company has AOA which clearly state all meetings are to be quorate...otherwise...
                                31-03-2020, 12:55 PM
                              • Sole Director
                                by Stacker
                                Hope you are all healthy and safe!....our AOA state that a quorum is required. The sole director has appointed another director, without one shareholder knowing about the meeting my question is would the meeting have been quorate and could the company secretary act ( one they hire not a member) be part...
                                29-03-2020, 10:41 AM
                              • Reply to Sole Director
                                by Stacker
                                Sorry leaseholder 64 that is wrong...
                                31-03-2020, 12:51 PM
                                by Lawcruncher
                                They may not "need" payment. It depends on what the lease says. There are three possibiities:

· The lease says nothing about making alterations or additions or. if it does, the changes you propose are not covered. In that case you can go ahead without asking the landlord....
                                31-03-2020, 08:37 AM
                              • Recourse for work we paid out based on freeholder's incorrect advice
                                by eshroom
                                When my mum bought her flat exactly 5 years ago, she discovered an issue with the buildings wast pipe, which was under her basement flat. It had been leaking and caused a foul smell.

She informed the freeholder of the urgent drain issue and they said it was not something for them to investigate...
                                30-03-2020, 21:50 PM
                                by ForumFirstTimer
                                thanks for your reply.

What would they specifically need payment for? The fact that it's going to be used as a driveway or because I am changing the front garden from grass (solid and weeds) to paving?

thanks
                                30-03-2020, 21:11 PM
                                by nukecad
                                You would need the freeholders permission for a start, and if they allow you then they will probably want payment for that.
                                30-03-2020, 19:50 PM
                              • Reply to Pansies before people
                                by ram
                                I have had to borrow money to keep afloat ( One does not use ones capital till it's all gone. one takes out loans, and keeps his capital - that's how I do it. )...
                                30-03-2020, 17:48 PM
                              Working...
                              X