Freeholders breach of the lease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scot22 View Post
    Any update ? I hope LEASE were useful. If not apologies and I won't assume it would be a good use of time.
    Sorry for lack of response but I have had health issues and so that has taken up a lot of my time getting that sorted out. I came out of hospital on Wednesday but no, the problem is not resolved. However we have handed the running of the house over to an Agent, but so far have not heard a thing. I will get going tomorrow and ring the Agent to ask what is happening. Leasehold is wonderful there is no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by surreygirl View Post
      I will let you know the outcome of my phone call to the Leasehold Advisory service. I have an appointment next week for Tuesday.
      The result of my phone call to the Lease was that they do indeed owe me the money for the necessary work to make my flat water proof as they were not getting on with the work.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your health issues and hope all is going as well as possible. I am sure all on the forum wish you well.

Comment

Another problem which has now arisen is that the ex Secretary that we had to get rid of is harassing my tenant, by just walking into the flat if the door is open and also accosting her when she is outside and also going around to the front window and banging on it to get her attention. He is having major work done on his flat which is next door to my own. I wonder whether I should start another thread for this. I have mentioned it above, that we have been in depute for a long time

Comment

Sorry to hear about your health issues and hope all is going as well as possible. I am sure all on the forum wish you well.
            Thank you very much Scot for your good wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by surreygirl View Post
              Another problem which has now arisen is that the ex Secretary that we had to get rid of is harassing my tenant, by just walking into the flat if the door is open and also accosting her when she is outside and also going around to the front window and banging on it to get her attention. He is having major work done on his flat which is next door to my own. I wonder whether I should start another thread for this. I have mentioned it above, that we have been in depute for a long time
              I would say that you definitely need to take some sort of action regarding this, although what action you take perhaps needs to be suggested by someone who has at least some sort of qualification to give the advice.

Perhaps a letter to the 'ex secretary' would be a start, pointing out that their behaviour is inappropriate and that legal action may be taken if it continues (e.g. entering someone else flat, even if the door is open, is clearly inappropriate and would be trespass, unless I am very mistaken).

Comment

I agree with Macromania. To me it seems to be almost criminal. However, as said, you need someone with some with some qualification to advise. Perhaps a solicitor offering free initial advice ?
                I think you are right to consider a new thread. This has, quite rightly, become a long thread and that would separate issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Macromia View Post

I would say that you definitely need to take some sort of action regarding this, although what action you take perhaps needs to be suggested by someone who has at least some sort of qualification to give the advice.

Perhaps a letter to the 'ex secretary' would be a start, pointing out that their behaviour is inappropriate and that legal action may be taken if it continues (e.g. entering someone else flat, even if the door is open, is clearly inappropriate and would be trespass, unless I am very mistaken).
                  Yes I will call the citizens advice tomorrow in the UK and ask them what they think. A letter is out as he will see it is from me and send it back, so an email and get someone to post a letter from me from the UK. I will threaten legal action. However I will start a new thread as we are going off track. Thank you very much for all your advice.

Comment

I agree with Macromania. To me it seems to be almost criminal. However, as said, you need someone with some with some qualification to advise. Perhaps a solicitor offering free initial advice ?
                    I think you are right to consider a new thread. This has, quite rightly, become a long thread and that would separate issues.
                    I will start a new thread and thank you for your advice. Thankfully my tenant has a head on her shoulders and is not easily intimidated.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Request to appeal an FTT decision
                      vmart
                      Hello there

I hope someone can help with answers to the following questions:

1) Where one has legal grounds to appeal an FTT decision, is there a specific form or do you just write to the court providing grounds and requesting leave to appeal within the time limit?
                      2)...
                      22-09-2019, 13:40 PM
                    • Reply to Request to appeal an FTT decision
                      eagle2
                      The Tribunal lists the legislation which it has considered when making its decision, so an appeal on legal grounds would need to be based on (1) an incorrect interpretation of the legislation which is unlikely if a Judge or legal expert was on the panel (2) other legislation which it has not considered...
                      23-09-2019, 07:23 AM
                      eagle2
                      Clerical errors can be corrected by the FTT, so it is worth reading carefully the decision and checking that the figures have been adjusted correctly. Sometimes it will fail to amend a figure or calculate the adjustment incorrectly. In these cases, a simple request to the Tribunal will result in an...
                      22-09-2019, 21:04 PM
                      vmart
                      Dear all

Thank you....
                      22-09-2019, 17:37 PM
                      Macromia
                      The article in the link below describes how you can appeal FTT decisions, including a link to a form that can be used.
                      http://www.flat-living.co.uk/advice/...-an-ftt-appeal

'Senior Member' on forums like this (or similar 'titles') are usually based on nothing more than...
                      22-09-2019, 16:18 PM
                    • Property Management bully behaviour
                      boboligogo
                      Hi everyone,

I would highly appreciate any contribution to this post.

I'll get straight to the point: I am a leaseholder in a block of 8 flats in Leeds. One of the flats belongs to the Freehold owner (Landlord). Ever since I purchased this property we were dealing with a rather...
                      18-09-2019, 18:37 PM
                    • Reply to Property Management bully behaviour
                      eagle2
                      Whatever the merits of the case, the MA could be much more helpful to the leaseholder, who is quite right, if the charge is not permitted in the lease, there is no obligation to pay it. So it would be in the MA's interests to simply refer to the clause which it is relying upon. A leaseholder has the...
                      22-09-2019, 16:14 PM
                      eagle2
                      You need permission from the FTT in order to appeal against a decision and you should contact the FTT stating your grounds for appeal. The FTT will then either consent to or deny the appeal. There would be a fee payable to the Upper Tribunal, details of which would be sent to you if the appeal is allowed....
                      22-09-2019, 16:03 PM
                    • Reply to Property Management bully behaviour
                      vmart
                      Hello

The salient points have been highlighted by others above. I would suggest your next step is to follow Scott22's advice and contact LEASE for free advice providing them with a copy of your lease.

It is highly likely the Managing Agent (MA) is within their rights to charge...
                      22-09-2019, 14:01 PM
                    • Shared outside tap
                      Baradavies
                      I live in a first floor flat, with a strip of garden at the rear. There is currently an outside tap on the side of the house which is only accessible by one ground floor flat.
                      I want to install an outside tap on the "communal" side of the house, so that we five flats who don't have direct...
                      21-09-2019, 09:45 AM
                    Working...
                    X