Section 20 Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 20 Notice

Would a section 20 notice refer to section 20? At a residents meeting the managing agent referred to the section 20 notice issued a few months ago, the only thing I received was a letter referring to finalising the budget being delayed due to some overspend previously communicated, I didn't receive previous communication. Would more detail not be required if it was a section 20?

Some refer to the clause in the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act that actually introduced section 20 into the 1985 Landlord and Tenant Act, and I don't think there is any specific requirement to mention either Act. However your notice neither looks like nor quacks like a duck, so it can't be one.

A section 20 notices needs, in particular, to specify time limits for consultations, and, if not subject to a qualifying long term agreement, request nominations for contractors.

Comment

https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-...panies-agents/

Comment

Well I don't think any of that was referred to plus it was for maintenance work that was previously carried out and ownership of the cost is being disputed by the developer but may come back to the leaseholders at a cost of c£400 per unit but the first I heard of this was at a meeting, no detail was previously provided, not sure where that leaves me? We can't challenge the work because it is done already.

Comment

Make an application to the FTT to judge the reasonableness of the cost.

Comment

You can challenge the payment for the work. However, if the work was needed and chargeable to the service charge, the freeholder may well be able to get a retrospective dispensation, and recover most or all of the cost.

You seem to be posting on lots of threads about what I suspect is a single breakdown in confidence with the management. It comes across that you are trying hard to find ways of not paying, rather than looking at what needed to be done and whether what you were charged was reasonable for that.

Comment

There is definitely a breakdown in confidence on a number of issues, I pose different questions because the questions relate to different areas and both the management company and the maintenance company are unwilling or inconsistent in providing answers. I ask on here because there seems to be a wealth of experience and knowledge here which is much appreciated and very helpful. I am not trying to find ways of not paying at all, I have no problem paying for services received, the problem is paying money for services to people who show incompetence in provisioning those services. There is some things I can easily spot as mistakes which aren't always hugely significant but a pattern of carelessness in small things can hint at carelessness at bigger issues which will cause problems further down the line. There is surely nothing wrong with asking questions or challenging decisions.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Breach of lease : Neighbours barking dog
                Tw1982
                Hi,

Thanks in advance for your time. Im a long leaseholder living in london, and have been living in the same flat for 8 years now. The building is an old victorian conversion with four flats in the building and a basement flat with a garden.

We have recently had new short-hold...
                12-09-2019, 23:50 PM
              • Reply to Breach of lease : Neighbours barking dog
                AndrewDod
                OP you really need to listen to advice given as you seem to misunderstand most of the situation you are in, the meaning if your lease, that solicitors don't judge anything etc etc etc.

Very much doubt council will assist either.
                15-09-2019, 04:34 AM
              • FTT order. How to proceed?
                HazeltonLane
                RMC director here. We have applied for and received an FTT order for a variation of all of the leases for our block to correct a service charge deficit.

The order instructs the RMC to "Make applications to the Land Registry to have the variations noted against the freehold and leasehold...
                02-09-2019, 21:07 PM
              • Reply to FTT order. How to proceed?
                HazeltonLane
                @Anna1985 We submitted the application ourselves after taking advice from a solicitor....
                15-09-2019, 01:46 AM
                HazeltonLane
                Go back to the council (Environmental Protection) and make a formal noise complaint. You will have to keep a noise log for two weeks and then ask them to install recording equipment so they can monitor the nuisance (this is normally done over a period of two weeks and then assessed). If they refuse...
                15-09-2019, 01:41 AM
                Tw1982
                The other leaseholders leave at around 6-7 in the morning... the basement dog comes out around 7:30. The top floor flat is further away from the garden than my flat and their living area is the other side of the property. The lady below does hear it after 11pm but it doesnt seem to bother her, and as...
                15-09-2019, 00:12 AM
              • Secret commissions
                Stacker
                18-07-2019, 20:27 PM
              • Reply to Secret commissions
                Stacker
                Andrew...as a flat owner also trying to help another flat owner we have found that as time goes on more issues are arising and whilst they come under the banner of say insurance, the issues are different hence the different posts so one post was about insurance commission, another was about insurance...
                14-09-2019, 16:16 PM
              • Topic Removal
                scot22
                If topics are removed is a reason given ?
                14-09-2019, 12:54 PM
              • Reply to Topic Removal
                AndrewDod
                Yes that is because the OP in those threads created the muddle, and created originating posts that were essentially meaningless in and of themselves. The idea is to tell a whole and reasonably complete (but precise) story in one thread, clarifying details in response to queries in one place....
                14-09-2019, 15:09 PM
              Working...
              X