Conservatory to build in a leasehold ground Floor Maisonette (corner)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservatory to build in a leasehold ground Floor Maisonette (corner)

Hi there,
    I need a suggestion from the experts here. I have recently bought a ground floor maisonette (cornered) which is under the leasehold of the council. I plan to build a temporary shed/conservatory outside in the garden side attached to the main building. I want to know:

1- Am I allowed making this extension.
    2- If need any planning permission, what is the best way to start and proceed.
    3- Is there any way I can buy my lease? and make it a freehold?

Thanks

You don't want to make less than the whole building freehold. You can make an offer to the council to buy out the freehold of the whole building.

Maisonettes will be like flats and not have permitted development rights.

You lease will tell you whether you need permission form the landlord.

Comment

Your questions should be put to the Council. If the rest of the building is occupied by Council tenants ,the rules may be different.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Breach of lease : Neighbours barking dog
        Tw1982
        Hi,

Thanks in advance for your time. Im a long leaseholder living in london, and have been living in the same flat for 8 years now. The building is an old victorian conversion with four flats in the building and a basement flat with a garden.

We have recently had new short-hold...
        12-09-2019, 23:50 PM
      • Reply to Breach of lease : Neighbours barking dog
        AndrewDod
        OP you really need to listen to advice given as you seem to misunderstand most of the situation you are in, the meaning if your lease, that solicitors don't judge anything etc etc etc.

Very much doubt council will assist either.
        15-09-2019, 04:34 AM
      • FTT order. How to proceed?
        HazeltonLane
        RMC director here. We have applied for and received an FTT order for a variation of all of the leases for our block to correct a service charge deficit.

The order instructs the RMC to "Make applications to the Land Registry to have the variations noted against the freehold and leasehold...
        02-09-2019, 21:07 PM
      • Reply to FTT order. How to proceed?
        HazeltonLane
        @Anna1985 We submitted the application ourselves after taking advice from a solicitor....
        15-09-2019, 01:46 AM
        HazeltonLane
        Go back to the council (Environmental Protection) and make a formal noise complaint. You will have to keep a noise log for two weeks and then ask them to install recording equipment so they can monitor the nuisance (this is normally done over a period of two weeks and then assessed). If they refuse...
        15-09-2019, 01:41 AM
        Tw1982
        The other leaseholders leave at around 6-7 in the morning... the basement dog comes out around 7:30. The top floor flat is further away from the garden than my flat and their living area is the other side of the property. The lady below does hear it after 11pm but it doesnt seem to bother her, and as...
        15-09-2019, 00:12 AM
      • Secret commissions
        Stacker
        18-07-2019, 20:27 PM
      • Reply to Secret commissions
        Stacker
        Andrew...as a flat owner also trying to help another flat owner we have found that as time goes on more issues are arising and whilst they come under the banner of say insurance, the issues are different hence the different posts so one post was about insurance commission, another was about insurance...
        14-09-2019, 16:16 PM
      • Topic Removal
        scot22
        If topics are removed is a reason given ?
        14-09-2019, 12:54 PM
      • Reply to Topic Removal
        AndrewDod
        Yes that is because the OP in those threads created the muddle, and created originating posts that were essentially meaningless in and of themselves. The idea is to tell a whole and reasonably complete (but precise) story in one thread, clarifying details in response to queries in one place....
        14-09-2019, 15:09 PM
      Working...
      X