Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summerhouse planning for garden flat - Certificate B question

Hi - first post, hopefully a quick one

I own a leasehold garden flat within a converted Victorian house, there's a total of 6 flats in the house. The garden is demised solely to myself, with no shared access. It's also within a conservation area.

I've submitted a full planning application for a summerhouse in the garden. Unfortunately I submitted the wrong ownership certificate - the council have just come back to me saying I need to submit certificate B and also serve notice for the other owners of the site. Have a couple of q's:

1. Is my thinking correct that I only need to serve notice on the freeholder, and not the other 5 flats as they do not have rights over the garden? I do plan to tell them out of courtesy

2. We have a management company that looks after the building. Would I serve notice to the freeholder via them? or would I just send it direct to the freeholder? I've emailed/phoned the management company but they take days/weeks to respond to anything.

Thanks in advance

Bump... anyone? Looks like this post has been moved from where I'd originally raised within planning section

Comment

An extra copy of the notice only costs a few pence and the residents of other flats will get notice form the council anyway and, if sub-tenants, their leases will probably require them to forward the notices to their landlords. As such I wouldn't worry, i would just notify them all.

I don' t think the public policy aim here is to ensure that lease consents are enforced, but rather to ensure that people who have an interest in the properties, but don't live near, are aware that the value of their property might be affected.

Comment

Is planning permission required for my summerhouse?

• The majority of summerhouses and garden rooms do not require planning permission. However, permission is required for any summerhouse which covers over half the garden, which is not for domestic use or which is over 3 metres high with a pent roof or 4 metres high with an apex roof. Larger summerhouses which are within 2 metres of a boundary and over 2.5m high (8'2") require planning permission. Some larger summerhouses with apex or hipped roof designs may be over 2.5m high. Planning permission may also be required for any summerhouse which is nearer to a public highway than the original dwelling. For planning purposes a public highway includes any road or footpath with a public right of way. If you live in a Conservation Area or a Listed Building permission may be required for any garden building over 10 cubic metres. This brief summary is not intended to be a comprehensive guide. Contact us for further advice or contact your local planning department. Please note that planning regulations apply to any building whether temporary or permanent including summerhouses.
        Is building regulations approval required for my summerhouse?

• The majority of summerhouses and garden rooms do not require approval under the building regulations. However, approval is required for any summerhouse with an internal floor area of more than 30 square metres. Please note that the building regulations apply to any building in excess of 30 square metres whether temporary or permanent including summerhouses.

Above info copied from https://www.summergardenbuildings.co...merhouses.html

Comment

This is for a garden flat. Flats are not covered by permitted development rights.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freeholders breach of the lease
            surreygirl
            We had a surveyor in last year in April 2018 which said that the outside render was now porous and needed to be repaired as a matter of urgency and should be a priority. At a meeting they voted to wait for a year until people had saved up the money and also they needed to have an asbestos test done....
            16-06-2019, 09:39 AM
          • Reply to Freeholders breach of the lease
            leaseholder64
            The company is a straw man. A successful court action will bankrupt it with the risk that the freehold will be taken over by one of the "usual suspects", unless the leaseholders, as owners, bail it out....
            24-06-2019, 19:08 PM
          • Director discrimination possibly?
            Stacker
            A leaseholder is threatening bringing a discrimination case against company as they are the only flat who is not a Director and many directors have come and gone also a director is appointing directors as per the AOA and not holding any AGMs to endorse the appointments.There is no automatic right to...
            22-06-2019, 20:14 PM
          • Reply to Director discrimination possibly?
            Stacker
            Yes in an ideal world that would be best but the Directors want to run the place their way so its never a discussion its a dictatorship..their way or no way, like I said the Directors agreed to not pay their assign to let fees even though the Lease says they must pay a fee, they said the fee is £0.00....
            24-06-2019, 18:43 PM
          • Cladding objection.
            Sandy1986
            I'll try to keep this brief. I own and have lived in my flat for the past 20 years. The management passed to a management company around 8 years ago. We had our AGM on June 6th just gone where my husband became one of the directors. This is because up to now there has only been 2 directors. One...
            24-06-2019, 11:05 AM
          • Reply to Cladding objection.
            Sandy1986
            I wouldn't be happy but would accept them replacing the current wood with equivalent pvc. The complete change I am not. At the moment the building is inspected every year to see what work needs doing. Once the pvc goes up we will have no idea what is going on behind. The MC uses its own builer for...
            24-06-2019, 18:42 PM
          • Reply to Cladding objection.
            Sandy1986
            the proposed...
            24-06-2019, 18:39 PM
            Stacker
            He has tried to call meetings, they dont turn up and when they did at one meeting they removed him!...
            24-06-2019, 18:37 PM
            Stacker
            Thank you Josepha for your input, the leaseholder holds 10% share so has the ability to call meetings and has tried, the directors just refuse to turn up when he asks for meetings to be called and the other shareholders are with them, he is in the minority.

The AOA are standard ones allowing...
            24-06-2019, 18:36 PM
          • Reply to Freeholders breach of the lease
            Stacker
            Did you previously give them the opportunity to visit and see the damage to your property? Did they say they would put the matters right and how? Do you have before and after photographs? Did you send them a recorded delivery letter notifying them of the disrepair, did a professional person state that...
            24-06-2019, 18:13 PM
          Working...
          X