Old Management Company ignoring new RTM company?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Management Company ignoring new RTM company?

Afternoon guys

We've had a pretty hard fought RTM battle over the last year or two, which appears to be over. Our old management company has instructed our cleaners to stop cleaning the property from 1st May 2019, which co-incides roughly with when the deadline for handover was.

Unfortunately our new RTM company, who'll be taking over teh management, have not received any kind of response out of them, for the last few months. And with a week to go before handover, we've still seen nothing.

What can a company do here when they're not provided with the information they need for handover?

If the managing agent is ARMA or RICS accredited, you could threaten to lodge a complaint with them for their failure to pass on the management information.

I would be watchful also that the existing freeholder/managing agent transfers every penny that is in the service charge pot to your RTM Co. I know of one case where 100K 'disappeared' and the leaseholders were told that there was nothing that could be done to recover the money. In that case, the original freeholder transferred the freehold of a block of flats to an associated company (minus the 100K reserve fund) dissolved the first company which had been the original freeholder and then resigned from the associated company ....

Comment

Contact the local Magistrates Court and ask Court Manager if your RTM company can apply for Court Order to compel handover.

Comment

I would have thought that would have to be done as a Crown Court injunction.

Comment

My Understanding is :

The Magistrates Court deals with summary offences ( least serious type offence )

The Crown Court deals with indictable offences ( serious type offences )

So for handover of service charge information it is better to enter a claim at the Magistrates Court.

Comment

I should have said County Court, not Crown Court.

The point here is that this requires a civil court injunction not criminal court involvement.

Summary in practice means a criminal offence without the right to a jury trial.

Comment

Thanks guys. Our MP intervened and they finally came back with a handover date at 1st May - three working days time.

Absolute pisstake.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Non carpeted flat in breach of lease
                woodhar
                Just due to exchange on a leasehold flat and in the terms of the lease I am supposed to have carpet. I have laminate floor throughout. Literally due to exchange and buyer is asking for 2,000 pounds for new carpet. Says she cannot purchase without carpet as I am in breach of my lease. Have said I...
                25-06-2019, 14:17 PM
              • Reply to Non carpeted flat in breach of lease
                eagle2
                You state that your lease requires you to have a carpet and if that is the case, it would be reasonable to sell the flat in a condition which complies with the lease. The purchaser cannot expect an expensive carpet or a brand new carpet, Your offer to fit a carpet or make an allowance seems to be reasonable...
                26-06-2019, 05:20 AM
              • Breach of covenant in share of freehold
                barryz
                Hello everyone,

I own a leasehld flat and share of freehold, split equally between 4 directors of management company.

I believe one of directors may have breached there lease but Im not sure the others will see it that way.

The articles state matters must be decided...
                25-06-2019, 20:13 PM
              • Reply to Breach of covenant in share of freehold
                eagle2
                You are asking two questions, 1 is there a breach and 2 what if anything should be done about it.

1 We cannot answer this question unless you state what you consider to be the breach of the lease and you let us know the actual wording of the lease. A breach is not determined by the freeholder...
                26-06-2019, 05:03 AM
              • Director discrimination possibly?
                Stacker
                A leaseholder is threatening bringing a discrimination case against company as they are the only flat who is not a Director and many directors have come and gone also a director is appointing directors as per the AOA and not holding any AGMs to endorse the appointments.There is no automatic right to...
                22-06-2019, 20:14 PM
              • Reply to Director discrimination possibly?
                eagle2
                The old directors appear to have sold their apartments and are no longer involved so I suggest that you concentrate on the new directors and provide them with a list of suggestions in order of priority and let them have a reasonable amount of time to comply with the request.
                26-06-2019, 04:36 AM
              • Sinking fund breach of covennat?
                Stacker
                The level of the sinking fund has never been agreed by the managing agent or the Directors at any AGM in respect of the accounting years ending December 2016 2017 2018 and 2019 as required by the Deeds of Covenant.
                THE FIFTH SCHEDULE
                10. To set aside(which setting aside shall be for...
                16-06-2019, 19:27 PM
              • Reply to Sinking fund breach of covennat?
                eagle2
                There was no tax advantage to be gained by not having a sinking fund, quite the opposite. Buy to let investors can deduct service charges from rental income so by reducing the service charges, the directors increased their personal tax liability.

You stated in #25 that the FTT had allowed...
                26-06-2019, 04:15 AM
              • Reply to Breach of covenant in share of freehold
                leaseholder64
                What I was getting at is that the freeholder does not have to enforce covenants and there is no come back for not doing so unless they are themselves breaching a covenant. If they don't covenant with you, as leaseholder, to enforce the covenant, they are doing nothing wrong by not enforcing it. Note...
                25-06-2019, 23:47 PM
              • Reply to Director discrimination possibly?
                josepha333
                Considering all posts you need to understand you have to move away from company law & AoA and look at your rights as a leaseholder. You have stated this leaseholder understands the lease and RICS Code of Practice, therefore concentrate on what is not being done that should be done under the terms...
                25-06-2019, 22:26 PM
              Working...
              X