Old Management Company ignoring new RTM company?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Management Company ignoring new RTM company?

Afternoon guys

We've had a pretty hard fought RTM battle over the last year or two, which appears to be over. Our old management company has instructed our cleaners to stop cleaning the property from 1st May 2019, which co-incides roughly with when the deadline for handover was.

Unfortunately our new RTM company, who'll be taking over teh management, have not received any kind of response out of them, for the last few months. And with a week to go before handover, we've still seen nothing.

What can a company do here when they're not provided with the information they need for handover?

If the managing agent is ARMA or RICS accredited, you could threaten to lodge a complaint with them for their failure to pass on the management information.

I would be watchful also that the existing freeholder/managing agent transfers every penny that is in the service charge pot to your RTM Co. I know of one case where 100K 'disappeared' and the leaseholders were told that there was nothing that could be done to recover the money. In that case, the original freeholder transferred the freehold of a block of flats to an associated company (minus the 100K reserve fund) dissolved the first company which had been the original freeholder and then resigned from the associated company ....

Comment

Contact the local Magistrates Court and ask Court Manager if your RTM company can apply for Court Order to compel handover.

Comment

I would have thought that would have to be done as a Crown Court injunction.

Comment

My Understanding is :

The Magistrates Court deals with summary offences ( least serious type offence )

The Crown Court deals with indictable offences ( serious type offences )

So for handover of service charge information it is better to enter a claim at the Magistrates Court.

Comment

I should have said County Court, not Crown Court.

The point here is that this requires a civil court injunction not criminal court involvement.

Summary in practice means a criminal offence without the right to a jury trial.

Comment

Thanks guys. Our MP intervened and they finally came back with a handover date at 1st May - three working days time.

Absolute pisstake.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Communal Vs exclusive access
                Focus
                I live on the ground floor of a 4 story owner-occupied block. 9 flats on the ground floor have a patio outside their property surrounded by communal landscaping. The lease shows the patio area as deck access and states it is for the exclusive access of that property and it is not 'to be used to store...
                01-10-2017, 13:40 PM
              • Reply to Communal Vs exclusive access
                Lawcruncher
                "The exclusive right to use the terrace edged blue on the Plan 2 for the reasonable purpose intended"

That reads a bit oddly. If that is all there is, it has mean you can use the terrace to do the sort of thing you expect pople to do on a terrace.

"store any...
                20-05-2019, 18:28 PM
              • Covenants relating to landscaped area
                holmesr923
                We live in a small development of 8 houses. When the building work was finished our local council place covenents on the site such as: no house to used for a business but more particularly that the landscaped area with trees and fencing had to be maintained in good order. The counci refused to adopt...
                20-05-2019, 11:48 AM
              • Reply to Covenants relating to landscaped area
                leaseholder64
                Generally you don't want a situation where part of an estate has reverted to the Crown, and you do want a situation where someone can be made to pay for maintaining the surrounding land.

Also, if there were someone to enforce against, the council might well enforce using anti-social behaviour...
                20-05-2019, 13:23 PM
                Focus
                RIGHT TO USE THE TERRACE
                The exclusive right to use the terrace edged blue on the Plan 2 for the reasonable purpose intended

TENANT USER REGULATIONS

In using the terrace at the property not to:
                a) hang out any washing
                b) fix or install anything which is likely...
                20-05-2019, 13:13 PM
                Lawcruncher
                What we need is the exact wording in the lease as to what rights you have over the patio.
                20-05-2019, 11:22 AM
              • FREEHOLD & LEASEHOLD QUERY PLEASE HELP
                Freeholderandleaseholder
                hello - its a little long, so sorry but please bare with !

Hubby and I bought a ground floor maisonette in a block of 4 (there’s 3 blocks in total) the land - all 3 blocks is freehold as well as, a private shared driveway/road leading to the garages at the rear (owned by the 12 owners...
                19-05-2019, 06:21 AM
              • Reply to FREEHOLD & LEASEHOLD QUERY PLEASE HELP
                AndrewDod
                This is all highly confusing.

There is a lease -- why is it void???

I cannot imagine that a lease (the contract) simply becomes void if the freeholder becomes bankrupt (or ceases to exist in some form) and if the thing they owned becomes owned by anyone or anything. If that...
                20-05-2019, 10:53 AM
                leaseholder64
                It is not entirely clear cut as the management company is still the responsible person for safety issues.
                20-05-2019, 09:03 AM
                Focus
                Good morning, back again after a long absence. So to confirm how the patio can be used, I contacted the landlord directly a year ago and they confirmed they had no issue with me having plants or furniture on the patio, they confirmed to the managing agent also and that as far as they were concerned...
                20-05-2019, 08:37 AM
              Working...
              X