Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with him getting a commission, but I do have a problem with him, or the contractor not being able to provide a copy invoice.
    It looks like the MA is just writing cheques to the proprietor of the contract company and not to the ACTUAL company. So neither of them can provide an invoice.

If we get a new MA , and the registered office changes and he still won't give up the invoices and cheque stubbs, is that then theft?

Also, if I get those things and they show that he WAS hiding things, can he still be prosecuted?

Comment

You should have a problem with the MA taking a commission if it has not been declared to and agreed with the Company.

The contractor should be able to supply an invoice regardless of how he accepts payment. He could accept payment to his friend, payment in the Cayman Islands, payment in US dollars or even in chocolate bars. The MA should not make any payment at all if he has not received an invoice.

Unlike others, I am not convinced that it is theft, but you can take legal action against the MA if he does allow you to inspect documents or he fails to forward documents to the Company after he is removed as agent.

Whether or not the Company can take legal action against the MA, would depend on what the MA has been hiding and the wording of the management agreement. Unless you have proof and the amount is worth pursuing, it is probably best just to change MA and not throw good money after bad.

Comment

Your best easiest and cheapest option is to visit another block agent. Tell them your issues, they will tell you what he can and cannot do as they will hope to win your business. As an estate agent he must by law be registered with a property redress scheme and have client money protection, this should be on their correspondence and website. I don't think you should manage it yourself, that is a whole can of worms and requires extensive knowledge. Your questions on here suggest you don't have it, but even if you did you would be well-advised not to. You also need some kind of succession plan, and not just one person doing it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Managing Agents Massively Screwed Up Section 42
          by divadee
          We are the freeholders to a block of flats. We own the freehold in a limited company.

Apparently one of the flats issued a Section 42 back in April with a date of July for any counter offers.

Our managing agents have only just told us about this TODAY and we are way out of...
          04-08-2020, 12:24 PM
        • Reply to Managing Agents Massively Screwed Up Section 42
          by sgclacy
          Is the address of your managing agent the same as the address at the Land Registry for you as freeholder?

If you believe the figure offered is too low, you could have therefore regarded the notice as invalid and that is why you have not responded. They would then have to apply to the court...
          05-08-2020, 20:54 PM
        • Advise & Guidence
          by ontljoshi
          HI All,

previously, the forum has helped me.now i need bit more advise & guidence.

I bought my massionate in 2016 at 310500 with 125yrs lease to live in and don't know due to what circumstances I feel that it hasn't increased in the valuation.
          my question is are...
          05-08-2020, 15:38 PM
        • Reply to Advise & Guidence
          by ontljoshi
          As per lease - everyone supposed to maintain their frontages. The road is made private long time ago and there's no owners currently it is bona-vacatia now.
          05-08-2020, 19:10 PM
        • Section 20 process
          by Seluoy2
          I am one of 6 leaseholders in a block of 6 flats. We have had historic issues with the roof, our Community Interest Company changed from one managing agent (with a public history of failings) to another, both have carried out poor repairs in the past.

Before Christmas the current managing...
          04-08-2020, 09:05 AM
        • Reply to Section 20 process
          by Gordon999
          Usually the scaffolding is put up by the scaffolding rental company. The roof repair work will be done by roofing company who worker may not be aware of the scaffolding on site.
          05-08-2020, 18:14 PM
        • Reply to freeholder snuggling to recover arrears
          by Gordon999
          Here is the website giving rules on claiming interest at the small claims court.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...k-out-interest
          05-08-2020, 18:07 PM
        • freeholder snuggling to recover arrears
          by Tim_woods
          Hi All,

I have a leaseholder that constantly refuses to pay service charges and ground rent. I’ve had endless court cases but they are slow and I’ve then struggled to get court fees back which have been added to everyone’s service charges including mine!

I’ve decided...
          03-08-2020, 14:54 PM
        • Freeholder in Administration
          by Mel A
          I am representing a group of investors in a property where the developer/freeholder has gone into administration. Two questions - does the administrator now technically own the freehold? and can they demand payment for repairs to the building that the freeholder should have carried out in order to protect...
          05-08-2020, 17:22 PM
        • Reply to Freeholder in Administration
          by Gordon999
          You can check online at Land Registry website for the name of current freeholder of your building. You may have to pay £3 by credit card to download. Also check the listing of company at Companies House website.
          05-08-2020, 17:57 PM
        Working...
        X