Advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with him getting a commission, but I do have a problem with him, or the contractor not being able to provide a copy invoice.
    It looks like the MA is just writing cheques to the proprietor of the contract company and not to the ACTUAL company. So neither of them can provide an invoice.

If we get a new MA , and the registered office changes and he still won't give up the invoices and cheque stubbs, is that then theft?

Also, if I get those things and they show that he WAS hiding things, can he still be prosecuted?

Comment

You should have a problem with the MA taking a commission if it has not been declared to and agreed with the Company.

The contractor should be able to supply an invoice regardless of how he accepts payment. He could accept payment to his friend, payment in the Cayman Islands, payment in US dollars or even in chocolate bars. The MA should not make any payment at all if he has not received an invoice.

Unlike others, I am not convinced that it is theft, but you can take legal action against the MA if he does allow you to inspect documents or he fails to forward documents to the Company after he is removed as agent.

Whether or not the Company can take legal action against the MA, would depend on what the MA has been hiding and the wording of the management agreement. Unless you have proof and the amount is worth pursuing, it is probably best just to change MA and not throw good money after bad.

Comment

Your best easiest and cheapest option is to visit another block agent. Tell them your issues, they will tell you what he can and cannot do as they will hope to win your business. As an estate agent he must by law be registered with a property redress scheme and have client money protection, this should be on their correspondence and website. I don't think you should manage it yourself, that is a whole can of worms and requires extensive knowledge. Your questions on here suggest you don't have it, but even if you did you would be well-advised not to. You also need some kind of succession plan, and not just one person doing it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freeholders breach of the lease
          surreygirl
          We had a surveyor in last year in April 2018 which said that the outside render was now porous and needed to be repaired as a matter of urgency and should be a priority. At a meeting they voted to wait for a year until people had saved up the money and also they needed to have an asbestos test done....
          16-06-2019, 09:39 AM
        • Reply to Freeholders breach of the lease
          leaseholder64
          The company is a straw man. A successful court action will bankrupt it with the risk that the freehold will be taken over by one of the "usual suspects", unless the leaseholders, as owners, bail it out....
          24-06-2019, 19:08 PM
        • Director discrimination possibly?
          Stacker
          A leaseholder is threatening bringing a discrimination case against company as they are the only flat who is not a Director and many directors have come and gone also a director is appointing directors as per the AOA and not holding any AGMs to endorse the appointments.There is no automatic right to...
          22-06-2019, 20:14 PM
        • Reply to Director discrimination possibly?
          Stacker
          Yes in an ideal world that would be best but the Directors want to run the place their way so its never a discussion its a dictatorship..their way or no way, like I said the Directors agreed to not pay their assign to let fees even though the Lease says they must pay a fee, they said the fee is £0.00....
          24-06-2019, 18:43 PM
        • Cladding objection.
          Sandy1986
          I'll try to keep this brief. I own and have lived in my flat for the past 20 years. The management passed to a management company around 8 years ago. We had our AGM on June 6th just gone where my husband became one of the directors. This is because up to now there has only been 2 directors. One...
          24-06-2019, 11:05 AM
        • Reply to Cladding objection.
          Sandy1986
          I wouldn't be happy but would accept them replacing the current wood with equivalent pvc. The complete change I am not. At the moment the building is inspected every year to see what work needs doing. Once the pvc goes up we will have no idea what is going on behind. The MC uses its own builer for...
          24-06-2019, 18:42 PM
        • Reply to Cladding objection.
          Sandy1986
          the proposed...
          24-06-2019, 18:39 PM
          Stacker
          He has tried to call meetings, they dont turn up and when they did at one meeting they removed him!...
          24-06-2019, 18:37 PM
          Stacker
          Thank you Josepha for your input, the leaseholder holds 10% share so has the ability to call meetings and has tried, the directors just refuse to turn up when he asks for meetings to be called and the other shareholders are with them, he is in the minority.

The AOA are standard ones allowing...
          24-06-2019, 18:36 PM
        • Reply to Freeholders breach of the lease
          Stacker
          Did you previously give them the opportunity to visit and see the damage to your property? Did they say they would put the matters right and how? Do you have before and after photographs? Did you send them a recorded delivery letter notifying them of the disrepair, did a professional person state that...
          24-06-2019, 18:13 PM
        Working...
        X