Advise needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise needed.

Hi allI, I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I've got a apartment that I currently have a mortgage on. I had a dog before I moved in several years ago and she's past away. Now my son has moved in with me due to personal reasons ( unable to rent a plave of his own to due work not being great ) he's got a young dog. This morning I received a letter from the management company saying that the puppy has to go ( the letter is addressed to me since I didn't feel the need to mention to them that my son is staying with me ) would telling them that he is and it won't be permanent help him keep the puppy? Sorry if this isn't the right section, had seen other posts on this forum on Google. Thank you.

If the time limit on editing posts hasn't passed, please change the subject so that it summarises the specific problem.

The management company wrote to you because their contract (the lease) is with you.

Whether they have a right and/or duty to order the removal of the dog depends on the wording of your lease, so you will need to tell us exactly what it says about pets, or one what other basis they are claiming you are breaching it.

Comment

I agree that it depends on the wording of the lease. Perhaps you could let us know what it says. It is strange that you were allowed to keep a dog for several years and now you are being told that it is not permitted. Have they not explained any reason to you?

Comment

Sorry, doesn't seem I can edit the post. The lease says no pets, but my own dog was an exception due to me having before I moved here. I didn't think there was an issue since others have mortgages here and bought pups several months after coming here. They just said about complaints being made but they didn't say what they are.

Comment

If it simply says no pets, you should have asked permission in each case, and been prepared to accept "no" for an answer.

At some point, turning a blind eye to other breaches may make it difficult to enforce, but you don't really know whether they did turn a blind eye, or actually gave permission on condition that it did not set a precedent.

Comment

What is the actual wording of the lease? It may make a difference if the dog is not yours and is not staying permanently with you. It looks like the management company did not enforce the lease either with you or with others and it is extremely difficult for it to suddenly change its policy after several years. If there is a genuine complaint, you should be told the precise nature of it and given the opportunity to respond.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Lord Best report
              michelle230
              For anyone interested -

Chapter 6 focus on Leasehold..

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-group-report
              18-07-2019, 12:46 PM
            • Reply to Lord Best report
              eagle2
              ARMA estimate that £1.3 billion of unprotected client money is held by managing agents. So what is proposed? It is suggested that the Government considers making sinking funds mandatory in both existing and new leases, which is likely to add to the figure.

It is also suggested that the...
              21-07-2019, 12:12 PM
              eagle2
              This has fudge written all over it.

Suppose that all agents declare an average 5% commission, I can imagine the Government and the new regulator claiming then that they have successfully reduced the rates of commission and acted in the best interests of all leaseholders, even though they...
              21-07-2019, 11:47 AM
              eagle2
              The new regulator is supposed to be self financing, at least after the start up period, which probably means that the leaseholders will pay for the cost one way or another....
              21-07-2019, 11:29 AM
              leaseholder64
              Carrying out spot checks would require an increase in tax payer spend. No Conservative government is going to sanction that.

(As I said elsewhere, I think the country has reached a point where respect for the law is in terminal decline, as a result of not funding pro-active enforcement,...
              21-07-2019, 11:13 AM
              eagle2
              I accept that transparency is better than nothing but can anyone explain how it assists a leaseholder if an agent declares that he receives say 5% commission on an insurance policy? A leaseholder is unlikely to be able to prove that the disclosure is incorrect. To have any meaning at all, someone should...
              21-07-2019, 11:04 AM
            • does solicitor no longer work for you after completion?
              TruthLedger
              Hello guys

After asking a question today to my solicitor, I received this response below

Our instructions are now concluded in respect of the conveyancing and there is no further correspondence for us to forward to you apart from the completed HMLR registration which will be...
              19-07-2019, 13:00 PM
            • Reply to does solicitor no longer work for you after completion?
              eagle2
              I suspect that this is connected with your comments on one of your other threads regarding the service charge deficit.

Your solicitor appears to be saying that he has collected the service charge deficit from the vendor on this occasion but if the freeholder raises any further charges which...
              21-07-2019, 07:21 AM
            • Secret commissions
              Stacker
              The issue of freeholders and managing agents fiddling insurance commissions at leaseholders’ expense was raised in the Times earlier this month.

Sir Peter, 74, said that secret commissions were part of a broader pattern of mistreatment of leaseholders. “Those receiving cowboy commissions...
              18-07-2019, 20:27 PM
            • Reply to Secret commissions
              eagle2
              Transparency and accountability is only part of the issue. Proving that all commissions have been declared is another matter. Proving that 3rd parties are connected with the freeholders and agents is another matter.

Insurance only scratches the surface, what about all the other expenditure...
              21-07-2019, 06:03 AM
            Working...
            X