long lease extension - self representation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long lease extension - self representation

I have pursued the statutory route for extending the lease of a flat and the negotiations have been delayed by the landlord. As the next stage will be going to court I am interested to know if anyone has represented themselves to avoid the high legal fees? Would I need to argue the details of how my surveyors valuation was reached or could I simply rely on it as evidence? Would appreciate hearing your veiws on this.

I thought these cases were heard at the First Tier Tribunal?

Comment

I was told I'd have to apply to the County court first?

Comment

I hope you can interpret leases! Whatever route you go down, make sure no sneaky extra clauses are inserted.

Comment

The procedures for "statutory lease extension" and "calculation of cost for lease extension" are explained in free guides to download

from LEASE.( www.lease-advice.org ) .

The calculation of cost for lease extension is the one to study. The 3 parts you need to understand are :

1. Compensation for loss of ground rent

2. Compensation for landlord's interest .

3. Compensation for marriage value if the unexpired lease term is below 80 years.

Comment

What is the term remaining ? And approx where is the property

Comment

I'm in the process of doing this.
              I drafted the S.42 with assignment at purchase and have lodged an application at the FTTB. Read the decisions to get a feel for it but ultimately you need to understand the calculations.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X