Terminating a Managing Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminating a Managing Agent

Can anyone point me to the correct wording to use in a letter to terminate a contract with a managing agent? It's a rolling contract that has come to the end of its initial term so we don't have to give a reason for termination—just 3 months' notice.|

I can only find example letters where the contract is being terminated because of a breach.

Presuming you have standing to write to terminate:

"Hi there -- as of (date) we have no need for your services, Please convey all the stuff you have and any cash and keys or notify us and we will collect from your office. Cheers"

Comment

You could remind them of the RICs code page 41 ish
      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0160518_en.pdf

Comment

Here is my draft , you may think of a better way :

Dear Sir,

With reference to your company's service agreement for managing the service charge account for our block at ( address ) , we wish to serve 90 days notice effective from ( notice date ) to terminate your services on ( termination date ) .

We have appointed a new agent ( name ) to take over administration of the service charge account from the date of your termination.

We trust you will co-operate fully to handover the records and unspent money in the service charge account in accordance to latest RICS Residential Management Code ( Please do not commit any money laundering offences ).

Please acknowledge receipt of this notice by first class post /email within 7 days.

Yours faithfully ,

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Lord Best report
            michelle230
            For anyone interested -

Chapter 6 focus on Leasehold..

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-group-report
            18-07-2019, 12:46 PM
          • Reply to Lord Best report
            michelle230
            I have mentioned them I think twice.
            The other times they have been mentioned is in reply to your comments....
            22-07-2019, 12:24 PM
          • MA started Section 20 Major Works proceedings AFTER RTM application
            Benzo
            Hi all

We applied for RTM in Dec 2017, and then again in June 2018. About a week after our second application, our MA triggered a section 20 major works notification and employed the services of a surveyor to produce a spec. We objected to this and said that it wasn't appropriate to trigger...
            22-07-2019, 08:46 AM
          • Reply to MA started Section 20 Major Works proceedings AFTER RTM application
            eagle2
            Considering your history with the freeholder, I would have thought that you had paid enough already.

It probably depends on how urgent the works were, could they have been delayed reasonably? Were the costs incurred before or after you objected? If that is your only objection to the costs,...
            22-07-2019, 11:54 AM
          • Reply to MA started Section 20 Major Works proceedings AFTER RTM application
            Benzo
            Quite possible. I'm not quite trying to get out of paying - if this is a reasonable request for payment then I'll most likely pay it - I just want to see if this is a fair request, doesn't feel like it to me but I may be biased ...
            22-07-2019, 11:12 AM
          • Secret commissions
            Stacker
            The issue of freeholders and managing agents fiddling insurance commissions at leaseholders’ expense was raised in the Times earlier this month.

Sir Peter, 74, said that secret commissions were part of a broader pattern of mistreatment of leaseholders. “Those receiving cowboy commissions...
            18-07-2019, 20:27 PM
          • Reply to Secret commissions
            eagle2
            I accept the distinction and agree that it would be better if there were specific legislation. The new regulator may well make it a requirement for disclosure to be made.

There is nothing to stop a leaseholder applying now to the freeholder or agent and asking them to comply with the RICS...
            22-07-2019, 11:09 AM
          • Reply to Secret commissions
            leaseholder64
            The RICS guide uses should and must in specific ways. They only time they use must is when there is legislation that requires it. In that case they also include a reference to that legislation.

There may be the odd mistake, particularly where legislation is on the books but has not been...
            22-07-2019, 10:36 AM
            eagle2
            Michelle – I think that you have advertised the LKP enough times already, please read the forum’s rules. You repeated your error regarding the LKP applying to be represented on the FTT so your explanation does not stand up. My comments relate to your statements and I am more than happy for the readers...
            22-07-2019, 10:26 AM
            michelle230
            I made an error (meant LEASE- not FTT) through tiredness rather than ignorance and was grateful to Gordon for pointing this out.
            I don't agree that I am " wildly exaggerating" about the huge, prolonged efforts LKP have made in fighting to highlight and effect change and justice for leaseholders....
            22-07-2019, 09:29 AM
          Working...
          X