Can lease be changed just because the directors want to change it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You appear to be doing quite well so far, it is just a question of not giving up when obstacles are placed in your way. That is what others hope to achieve and they should not be allowed to succeed.

If the managing agent is not allowing you to inspect the documents, that will work in your favour, just keep a record of requests and replies.

I would concentrate on the managing agent at this stage and make a formal complaint regarding the failure to deal with repairs and reported problems, the lack of transparency and the insurance arrangements. If you do not receive a satisfactory reply, I would refer the complaint to the Ombudsman for the redress scheme to which he belongs.

It looks like you should prepare to take a case to the FTT but at the moment you do not seem to be ready, you need to obtain further information and copy documents.

I would avoid personal meetings with the directors at this stage and make all communication by email or letters so that you may refer to them at the FTT hearing if necessary. Meetings are only likely to add to your stress levels.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle2 View Post
      You appear to be doing quite well so far, it is just a question of not giving up when obstacles are placed in your way. That is what others hope to achieve and they should not be allowed to succeed.

If the managing agent is not allowing you to inspect the documents, that will work in your favour, just keep a record of requests and replies.

I would concentrate on the managing agent at this stage and make a formal complaint regarding the failure to deal with repairs and reported problems, the lack of transparency and the insurance arrangements. If you do not receive a satisfactory reply, I would refer the complaint to the Ombudsman for the redress scheme to which he belongs.

It looks like you should prepare to take a case to the FTT but at the moment you do not seem to be ready, you need to obtain further information and copy documents.

I would avoid personal meetings with the directors at this stage and make all communication by email or letters so that you may refer to them at the FTT hearing if necessary. Meetings are only likely to add to your stress levels.
      Thank you Eagle2, all your support on here has been great, It is appreciated. I try to now pick the battles and go for the bigger numbers and issues...nightmare though when I am constantly being overcharged and have to have justify stuff that is simples but they seem to make it complicated. Battle rages on...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Director discrimination possibly?
        Stacker
        A leaseholder is threatening bringing a discrimination case against company as they are the only flat who is not a Director and many directors have come and gone also a director is appointing directors as per the AOA and not holding any AGMs to endorse the appointments.There is no automatic right to...
        22-06-2019, 20:14 PM
      • Reply to Director discrimination possibly?
        leaseholder64
        I suspect we are talking about the OP in the third person here.

But in any case this is not about any of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity, so there is no illegal discrimination....
        24-06-2019, 20:06 PM
        Stacker
        Discrimination based on directors not paying their administration fees for subletting their flats. Conflict of interests possibly?...
        24-06-2019, 19:45 PM
      • Freeholders breach of the lease
        surreygirl
        We had a surveyor in last year in April 2018 which said that the outside render was now porous and needed to be repaired as a matter of urgency and should be a priority. At a meeting they voted to wait for a year until people had saved up the money and also they needed to have an asbestos test done....
        16-06-2019, 09:39 AM
      • Reply to Freeholders breach of the lease
        leaseholder64
        The company is a straw man. A successful court action will bankrupt it with the risk that the freehold will be taken over by one of the "usual suspects", unless the leaseholders, as owners, bail it out....
        24-06-2019, 19:08 PM
        Stacker
        Yes in an ideal world that would be best but the Directors want to run the place their way so its never a discussion its a dictatorship..their way or no way, like I said the Directors agreed to not pay their assign to let fees even though the Lease says they must pay a fee, they said the fee is £0.00....
        24-06-2019, 18:43 PM
      • Cladding objection.
        Sandy1986
        I'll try to keep this brief. I own and have lived in my flat for the past 20 years. The management passed to a management company around 8 years ago. We had our AGM on June 6th just gone where my husband became one of the directors. This is because up to now there has only been 2 directors. One...
        24-06-2019, 11:05 AM
      • Reply to Cladding objection.
        Sandy1986
        I wouldn't be happy but would accept them replacing the current wood with equivalent pvc. The complete change I am not. At the moment the building is inspected every year to see what work needs doing. Once the pvc goes up we will have no idea what is going on behind. The MC uses its own builer for...
        24-06-2019, 18:42 PM
      • Reply to Cladding objection.
        Sandy1986
        the proposed...
        24-06-2019, 18:39 PM
        Stacker
        He has tried to call meetings, they dont turn up and when they did at one meeting they removed him!...
        24-06-2019, 18:37 PM
      Working...
      X