Can a RMC refuse a wayleave signed by the freeholder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a RMC refuse a wayleave signed by the freeholder?

I live in a leasehold flat (owned). The estate is of 40 flats.
    The only ISP available is BT (Sky, Talk Talk etc).
    I have got Hyperoptic on board and they are looking to service the buildings.
    They have contacted the freeholder who is wiling to sign a wayleave for a fee (supposedly this is normal).
    Hyperoptic are worried that if they pay for the wayleave, does the RTM have the right to refuse access for it to be installed?
    I have tried getting the RTM on board with this but they are wanting me to jump through so many hoops that its impossible.

Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I searched "wayleave" and nothing came up.

Hopefully someone will have the right information.

The difference between RTM and RMC is important here.

One of the reasons people go for RTMs is to stop the freeholder causing difficulties when people want licences.

You seem to be trying to bypass that mechanism. The correct process is that you ask the RTM and they then inform the freeholder, who must respond within time limits or accept the RTM's response.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

It's more the RMC Director not being helpful with allowing Hyperoptic to install there services.

They have put it as a low priority.

I am in contact with Hyperoptic and Freeholder.

Hyperoptic are able to get a wayleave signed by the freeholder at a cost (unknown).

But is the RMC Director in a position to refuse the wayleave if signed by the freeholder?

Comment

If your site is managed by a RTM, any fees except "ground rent" payable to freeholder becomes due to the RTM . The freeholder is only responsible for collecting ground rent and dealing with proceedings for forfeiture.

The RTM is responsible for managing the site and approving the services such as electricity supply for communal areas , communal satellite TV dish, broadband etc . The RTM director ( acts for the leaseholders ) should be helping leaseholders ( you).

Comment

Thank you for your response.

What can I do though if the Director is not being helpful?

I have done the leg work with Hyperoptic, getting them on board and all they need is the yes from the director.

I've even posted the leaflets through the doors of all the flats and they have enough interest to install there services.

I've even agreed that if there is a fee for the installation on the site which I can personally not cover then it wont be installed. Although Hyperoptic have said it would be a free of charge install.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Bank Account for Residents' Management Company
            bigalxyz
            Am I in the right forum...?

I live in a leasehold flat in the basement of a large house. There are 11 flats in total. There has been an agreement in principle for the leaseholders to take over the management of the buildings from the current property management company, which should happen...
            20-06-2019, 13:37 PM
          • Reply to Bank Account for Residents' Management Company
            bigalxyz
            It seems like quite a few banks offer client accounts with no day-to-day charges but often they need you to have a regular business account already open with them (and I suppose there will generally be charges for that account).

Metro bank seem to do free client accounts for example, as...
            24-06-2019, 13:03 PM
          • Cladding objection.
            Sandy1986
            I'll try to keep this brief. I own and have lived in my flat for the past 20 years. The management passed to a management company around 8 years ago. We had our AGM on June 6th just gone where my husband became one of the directors. This is because up to now there has only been 2 directors. One...
            24-06-2019, 11:05 AM
          • Reply to Cladding objection.
            Gordon999
            Sometimes the minority have to pay up because the proposal has been passed by the majority. Instead of painting wood every 3 years, plastic cladding may only require painting after every 12-15 years.

You would study the wording in your lease to see if the service charge can be used to...
            24-06-2019, 13:00 PM
            Gordon999
            Which UK bank offers "no charge" for their bank accounts ?

The bank account may be free for first year, but I expect a charge will be imposed in second year.

Its not realistic to expect free service from any bank ....
            24-06-2019, 12:47 PM
            eagle2
            Don't expect it to be simple, the last time I opened a client bank account, it took several weeks from start to finish, including an appointment with a business banker when various original documents needed to be produced....
            24-06-2019, 12:32 PM
          • Can Section 20 notices be avoided?
            parklands
            In the event of a major problem occurring which needs to be rectified quickly, is there any way repairs could be undertaken without the Section 20 approvals?

Our Managing Agents have, in the past, taken over six months to process Section 20 applications and seek quotations before appointing...
            23-06-2019, 14:59 PM
          • Reply to Can Section 20 notices be avoided?
            eagle2
            vmart - we all express personal opinions, including you. Some of us have practical experience which we are sharing with others, but it is up to readers to decide whether or not to take any notice and make up their own minds. I disagree with you, Daejan does give licence to ignore s20, I have experience...
            24-06-2019, 12:22 PM
            bigalxyz
            Good grief. Trying to speak to HSBC and Lloyd's today. Terrible websites to navigate and in spite of spending two hours stuck in queues on the phone I haven't even managed to get close to speaking to an actual human being. This is not a good start

Wouldn't it be lovely to pop into my...
            24-06-2019, 12:13 PM
          • Reply to Cladding objection.
            leaseholder64
            Anything that will change the character and look will require full planning consent.
            24-06-2019, 12:02 PM
          Working...
          X