How often does Right To Manage Application objections reach the Court Of Appeals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often does Right To Manage Application objections reach the Court Of Appeals?

Pretty straightforward question, this. We won our RTM last year, following a counter notice from our FH, which was dismissed as nonsense. They appealed this decision; which Tribunal denied. They then appealed to Upper Tribunal, which after a few months has been denied as 'there is no chance of winning an appeal'. The only place to go from here is the Court of Appeal.

I understand it's quite rare for a RTM to progress to the Court of Appeal. Anyone have any idea how rare?

Hi Benzo, your FH is stretching it out to the limits, but I suspect that you are not surprised based on your history.

I have found a couple of other cases which have reached the Court of Appeal but they are rare, most FHs would have given up by now.

I am sure that there will be long celebrations when you eventually succeed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Liability for costs?
      Harwood
      I live in a block of four flats, 2 ground floor, 2 first floor.
      The other 3 flats share a communal hallway/stairs, we have a private entrance ( a maisonette i believe - why do i feel all Hyacinth Bouquet!)

Anyway, within my lease i have no covenant giving me any kind of responsibility...
      18-10-2019, 19:18 PM
    • Reply to Liability for costs?
      scot22
      My comments on #2 were made too soon. Still believe you're O.K !
      Other posts have been valuable. I understand now where you are coming from and wish you well....
      20-10-2019, 20:20 PM
      Harwood
      To paraphrase the upstairs flats lease covenant;

as and when necessary pay a fair proportion the cost of keeping in good repair__________________________

The structure of the building so far as it comprises flat 5,6,7, 8, and in particular but without prejudice to the generality...
      20-10-2019, 18:22 PM
    • Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
      uoeno
      Hello. I am the owner of a residential apartment, which I use as my main residence, which is managed by a property management company, to whom I pay a monthly service fee, and a residents management company, of which the PMC is one of the directors. The freehold of the land is owned and managed by a...
      15-10-2019, 15:50 PM
    • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
      scot22
      You are absolutely right. Perhaps a limitation of forums is generally being unable to have a full picture.
      20-10-2019, 16:17 PM
    • Case law damp
      scot22
      I know I've posted many times on this subject, apologies.
      The issue is tanking first floor flat where none has existed. External wall has been carefully maintained. I have searched but not able to find any cases.
      Also could freeholder be liable for any internal work such as plaster....
      01-10-2019, 09:04 AM
    • Reply to Case law damp
      scot22
      Thanks for the detailed response. Unfortunately we did have one of the PCA members. Work suggested was incredible.
      Unfortunately we are not anywhere near London. Majority of people have said tanking only for cellars or basements and tanking first floor flat would be detrimental for the rest...
      20-10-2019, 16:12 PM
    • Reply to Case law damp
      Stacker
      Damp surveys in London and the South East

16th November 2016

It is that time of the year again when we are inundated with requests for damp surveys in London. It's all to do with temperature and moisture content of the air. All of a sudden, the heating goes on. As the
      20-10-2019, 15:36 PM
      AndrewDod
      Agree with that. The lease is what the lease is. The original purchaser bought it and paid a price based on what it is, whether that was in error or otherwise.

It would be pretty outrageous if it were "corrected" in retrospect without compensation and without agreement. The only...
      20-10-2019, 14:42 PM
      leaseholder64
      Do the other leases specify a proportion of the cost of repairing the roof? If the split is discretionary, I don't see how the lease would be ruled defective, or how you could be forced to pay for the roof.

Have you looked at other ground floor lease? If it includes paying for the roof,...
      20-10-2019, 14:13 PM
    Working...
    X