Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaseholder64
    replied
    I would assume the RTM is still there, and with the same directors.

Changing directors is covered in other recent threads, but basically you simply ensure that enough members of the company are prepared to vote against the current directors, and for your choice of new directors, on a simple majority vote, then request the calling of a general meeting for the purposes of removing the current directors (name them all) and appointing your new directors. It may even be being consulted by the manager. The main difference is that the manager has the ultimate decision, whereas, normally the RTM would override a managing agent.

I would caution you though, that your new directors need to include people who don't need to be be told how to find out if the company still exists and who the directors are They also need to include people who are familiar with the details of the lease and RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code.

Leave a comment:

• eagle2
    replied
    Apologies I did not address a couple of your questions. You can check the status of the RTM at Companies House, it is probably dormant. It would not be allowed to operate at all if it had been dissolved. Someone (the agent?) is arranging the meeting to decide how the RTM proceeds. If the agent is receptive to new directors being on the board, that appears to be a good sign, there is the opportunity for leaseholders/members to put themselves forward and appoint those who are likely to act in their best interests.

Leave a comment:

• eagle2
    replied
    The purpose of an RTM Company is for the leaseholders to run the management of the property and make decisions. In your case, it looks like one or more leaseholders/members are abusing their power and they are not acting in the best interests of the other leaseholders/members. The best solution is for the majority of leaseholders/members to decide at the meeting how to proceed in future, appoint the directors they wish to represent them and decide which managing agent they want to be appointed at the property.

There is always the right for a leaseholder to apply to the FTT but you should consider it as a last resort and the RTM Company is there for you to make decisions yourselves.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Doubling rent
    SandraHope
    My solicitor has strongly advised me against purchasing a flat as it has just come to light that the recently renewed lease has had its ground rent increased 100% and it is also on a doubling basis. My solicitor has advised us that mortgage companies are becoming more reluctant to offer mortgages on...
    16-10-2019, 19:31 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    michelle230
    Good to know if you have children/grandchildren, you'll be more than happy for them to purchase these traps. At least * someone * will be lucky enough to escape and pass on the burden....
    17-10-2019, 17:21 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    michelle230
    Gordon999 Spot on!...
    17-10-2019, 17:16 PM
  • Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
    uoeno
    Hello. I am the owner of a residential apartment, which I use as my main residence, which is managed by a property management company, to whom I pay a monthly service fee, and a residents management company, of which the PMC is one of the directors. The freehold of the land is owned and managed by a...
    15-10-2019, 15:50 PM
  • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
    Jon66
    Perhaps you would be better off finding a more suitable property as clearly this one is no longer suitable. By the sounds of it, all parties would see this as a good solution.

Just because your circumstances change, trying to bend the lease to suit this is probably not the best way of...
    17-10-2019, 15:40 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    Gordon999
    Many older properties were sold on 99 years lease term and small annual ground rent which doubled after every 33 years.

The problem with 99 years leasehold property , the mortgage lenders are reluctant to offer mortgage loan below 70 years terms . The cost to seek lease extension when...
    17-10-2019, 15:36 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    michelle230
    Untrue. Who said * all * rising ground rents are a problem. Onerous ground rent terms are. As lenders acknowledge. Hence them not lending. Hence sales falling through. Hence many trapped in unsaleable homes....
    17-10-2019, 15:21 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    sgclacy
    It was lender knee jerk reaction to the problems of 10 year doublers.

The lenders may themselves find that they could be "hoist with his own petard" if lessees abandon their properties for being un-mortageable...
    17-10-2019, 14:36 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    leaseholder64
    One problem with setting arbitrary hard limits is that you end up with something like the interesting number paradox, and any ground rent at all becomes unsafe!
    17-10-2019, 14:27 PM
  • Reply to Doubling rent
    sgclacy
    Totally agree and the following article shows the problems those that talk hysterically about rising ground rents can cause

https://www.mortgagesolutions.co.uk/...rules-procter/

If a ground rent was say £1000...
    17-10-2019, 14:10 PM
Working...
X