transitioning from FTT appointed manager back to RTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarah B View Post
    RTM does not prevent you engaging a managing agent as well (in fact it is encouraged I believe). If you are happy with the FTT appointed one, why not keep them on?
    That was my thought too. You will not have the hassle of a handover, and you will be dealing with a somewhat known quantity. You can evaluate whether you have a good working relationship, when they can no longer dictate what is done, and generally get a feel for what it is like to use a managing agent, making it much easier for you to select a good agent for the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by poppyfield View Post
      Thank you both for your timely replies, this is really helpful Yes the company is listed as dormant so I suppose that means everything is still as it was. Yes the agent is arranging the meeting. It's good to know that the manager has ultimate say over the formation of the board, and cannot be overridden by the RTM.
      An FTT manager appointed by the FTT will have been put in place to oversee and abide by the requirement of the Lease, that is their legal remit. They are not there and the FTT will not have appointed them to get involved with the Company law side of things. The company is dormant because leasehold companies are normally non trading entities.

Hold some meetings with all the shareholders, get a feel for what they want? Ask them if any will stand as directors? As directors they will have responsibilities including as previous comments the requirement to undertstand Company law, The Lease, RICS service charge guide,Insurance and maintenance obligations and UK law. If some are up for this then would suggest 3 directors act and the rest vote against the directors who are not pulling their weight at a called AGM meeting. Or if simply want to remove existing directors and you have enough people to create the shift in voting power then do this via a meeting following all correct processes because if you don't they can outveto decisions.

Comment

It is a concern that the manager has not addressed “historical problems” despite managing for a period of 4 years and the obvious question is why not? It is in the directors interests to appoint a managing agent in whom they have confidence and who will deal with problems which would otherwise be referred to them. Appointing the current manager may be seen as the easy option but it is not necessarily the best option. The decision is being made now and it makes sense to consider all the options at this stage rather than to defer the decision for another 12 months.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Variation of lease
          by sgclacy
          A ground rent of £150 per annum increasing by 50% every 10 years until it reaches £3,844.33 with 2 years to go before it makes its first doubling would cost around £7,600 plus 0.33% of the value of the flat to have a statutory lease extension

One of the difficulties in proposing any...
          13-08-2020, 01:08 AM
        • Variation of lease
          by scampicat
          I own a flat with a lease of 125 years starting from 2012. The ground rent is at present £150 pa, but increases as follows every ten years: £225... .£337.50.... 506.25.... 759.38.... 1139.06.... 1708.59.... 2562.89 ....3844.34. There are no more increases after eighty years. I am considering a variation...
          25-02-2020, 08:57 AM
        • Reply to FH forfeits and sells before 6 months window for relief?
          by sgclacy
          Once the Land Registry have closed the title and a new lease granted there is no redress for the lessee seeking relief from forfeiture

The land registry will write to any party shown in the charges register and the tenant before closing the title - therefore illustrating the need to make...
          13-08-2020, 00:03 AM
        • FH forfeits and sells before 6 months window for relief?
          by Loque
          999yr Long lease commercial, lessee in breach, S146 served, S146 expires without being complied with, FH re-enters and changes locks.

Now... LH can go to court to claim relief from forfeiture for the remediable breach, usually within 6 months or so. BUT lets say once FH has re-entered he...
          12-08-2020, 13:26 PM
        • Reply to RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
          by Gordon999
          Its in section 98 of Commonhold &Leasehold Reform Act 2002.

Where a person who is—

(a)landlord under a long lease of the whole or any part of the premises, or

(b)party to such a lease otherwise than as landlord or tenant,

has functions in relation...
          12-08-2020, 22:27 PM
        • RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
          by chris1544
          We have RTM in place for our two flat building. Recently the other leaseholder put in a request to the RTM company to install an air vent. I duly wrote to the freeholder, notifying them of our intention to grant approval for the works, giving them the statutory 30 days notice.

They have...
          12-08-2020, 11:04 AM
        • Reply to RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
          by Lorimer
          There isn't much case law on this but even when an RTM is in place and it is the RTM that is responsible for dealing with consents, I believe the freeholder CAN charge a reasonable admin fee simply for the freeholder's time in reviewing the consent application. This is because the RTM company cannot...
          12-08-2020, 20:33 PM
        • Reply to Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
          by Stew
          sounds like a major win
          12-08-2020, 20:22 PM
        • Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
          by KingstonBee
          Wonder if you can help... This week I have received a Court Claim form pack with what seems to include a ‘particulars of claim’ and ‘lease’ for ‘outstanding arrears of Ground rent and insurance’.

Now this is a huge shock as I’ve not received any letters at all, no emails or phone...
          10-06-2020, 20:13 PM
        • Can I let this freehold indefinately ?
          by Boab
          Is there any reason why I cannot let a freehold flat on a two flat maisonette where there are two freeholders with a deed of covenant between the two to cover such issues as maintaining the property? There appears to be nothing in the covenant restricting renting my property out and it’s been done...
          10-08-2020, 06:12 AM
        Working...
        X