Major works not being implemented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
    In my lease, freeholder repairing obligations are conditional on the payment of service charges.
    If that's the only stipulation in your lease, then it's going to deteriorate at a fast rate and none one will ever want to buy a flat there.
    Of course, if no one pays service charges, repairing obligations cannot be performed, but your lease must say somewhere that the place MUST be maintained, therefore service charges have to be paid to comply with the repairing obligations.

Comment

Obviously it imposes a requirement to pay the service charges as well.

Comment

Thanks Gordon - that seems a viable suggestion. If my property (miraculously) miraculously sells soon, does the £10k credit on my account get sold with the property, or is it returned to myself? Selling with a £10k credit is certainly more appealing to a first time buyer as there will be no large bill on the doorstep when they move in.

Comment

After the RTM legally replaces the existing MA as party responsible for administration of the service charge account , you should be one of the RTM Directors making the decisions .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X