Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no requirement for notice of charges at all, so, with one year's ground rent, the grand total is £13.65.

I guess they were hoping the lease had said not less than one guinea, rather than an unqualified one guinea, in which case they could probably have got away with £50.

Comment

Originally posted by cerysmt View Post
      Hi, I have no idea how to remove the information I've posted, I can't see an option anywhere unless someone can advise please. I am going to check my lease information tonight, thanks all so far.
      Hi,

Log in and go to messages and click on 'send new message' and send to Moderator1 or Moderator2 by entering them in the first box and ask them to remove your original photo and all references to the freeholder.

Comment

Please read forum rules before posting in future, that's anywhere not just here.

LLZ Forum Rules - https://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forum-rules

In particular;

10. Naming and shaming individuals or organisations on a public forum can give aggrieved posters a sense of satisfaction, but this can come at a high price. We have had instances of Members being sued for libel for posts they made about certain organisations. UK libel laws are very onerous and organisations are often willing to pursue anyone through the courts to protect their hard won reputations. Even if you are confident about your facts, a libel action must be defended and the legal costs involved are substantial – even if you win. If you lose, you could have to pay your own legal costs, those of the applicant, any damages awarded, and any costs for related parties such as those of LandlordZONE – as a forum Member you have agreed to indemnify LandlordZONE against any and all legal costs resulting from your actions on these forums.

All references to your freeholder / management company have been removed. All uploaded images have been removed. If you want to upload them again then make sure that all identifying details are removed.

In the majority of cases, providing these details to the forum is of no interest to people replying, they will not know or not care about the people / companies involved, but this could turn out costly for you. The personal/private details will rarely have any impact on the answers provided.
        I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

When I last checked this thread was deleted, so I'm glad to see it's restored, thank you for amending what I couldn't. Perhaps that's a feature that should be introduced.

I will be back with an update after sending a letter with my cheque. Thankfully I saved your suggested letter templates so, watch this space...

Comment

Hi all,

well, still no response to my letter - however my cheque has now been cashed - so I take that as defeat! Thanks all to confirm, I should still expect the standard 'invoice' ahead of my 18/19 ground rent to remind me each year?

Comment

Yes..GR must be demanded in accordance with S166 - https://www.lease-advice.org/article...anding-notice/

It not complicated though..and doesnt need extra docs like for example service charge demands do.
              Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• S168
                by Anna1985
                How crazy would it be to apply to the tribunal as litigant in person to ask them to determine a breach of lease re property disrepair ( the responsibility is on leaseholders, not freeholder) ?

Opinions?
                Thanks...
                25-08-2019, 18:30 PM
              • Reply to S168
                by Anna1985
                I think I would be soon, although the application would be made in joint freeholder names
                23-09-2020, 18:58 PM
              • Responsibility of window frames
                by charlie8899
                Hello - I hope someone can help. I own a new build flat and have a faulty window that needs replacing. This will be quite costly and requires erecting scaffolding. I was surprised to hear from the building management company that windows are the responsibility of the leaseholder. This doesn't seem right...
                23-09-2020, 08:05 AM
              • Reply to Responsibility of window frames
                by Anna1985
                Your windows should be covered by Fensa for 10 years, the window installer is under obligation to get them fixed Once Fensa confirms it is their cost. Oh the miracles that could happen when the installer knows they are responsible for all associated costs good luvk
                23-09-2020, 18:56 PM
              • RTM Company secretary
                by Andrew Clark
                We wish to change the RTM Company Secretary from our legacy managing agent to our new managing agent, the legacy agent will not complete the online authentication code until he is paid what he says he is owed. Thoughts on ways around this
                23-09-2020, 08:02 AM
              • Reply to RTM Company secretary
                by scot22
                Is he owed money ? Ask him for detailed proof.

Pay him ?
                23-09-2020, 17:40 PM
              • Leaseholder refusing to complete repairs
                by batterseaboy
                Hi, we are a house divided into three flats. Each flat leasheolder also owns 1/3 of the freehold company and serves as a director.

When the top floor flat was given permission to extend his flat the variation stipulated that he would be solely responsible for any issues with the extension...
                23-09-2020, 16:43 PM
              • Reply to Leaseholder refusing to complete repairs
                by scot22
                Formally notify him that you believe that he is in breach of the lease and given him a time limit to complete repairs.

If he doesn't then his sale can be blocked.
                23-09-2020, 17:39 PM
                by royw
                I've recently had Windows replaced and they did the upstairs from inside. If scaffold isn't required it will be a lot cheaper.
                23-09-2020, 16:37 PM
                by AndrewDod
                I suspect if you took it to Tribunal they would say you are responsible for the frames.
                It mentions glass separately. And words the doors sort of in parallel.

In a way it would be cheaper in the long run for you to take this responsibility. Just make sure it applies to all flats not...
                23-09-2020, 14:01 PM
              Working...
              X