969 years left on our home's lease - looking for a freehold quote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

969 years left on our home's lease - looking for a freehold quote

Hi, this is my first time posting...we are well and truly sick of having to pay the freeholder to make changes to our home e.g. £100 to widen the driveway, £200 to replace our UPVC windows etc. etc., so we would be very interested in purchasing the freehold. We have applied for a quote (another £50 to them to ask the question...) but it has been over 2 weeks with no response is there anybody 'in the know' who my be able to provide us with a ballpark figure so that we can compare with the actual quote when it finally arrives? Our property is in Northumberland, 3 bed house valued at approx. £165,000 - £170,000, ground rent is £35 per year with no planned increase during the lifetime of the lease. The original lease was for 999 years, and we currently have 969 years remaining. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Who leaseholder?

Comment

I did one in cramlington a similar price size house and it was 7k but there was only 55 years from memory left on lease. This was about 4/5 years ago

Comment

Hi, we are with CSJ/Chime Properties. We are only 20 minutes from Cramlington. Will it go in our favour to have so many years left on the lease, or would it be more expensive?! Thanks

Comment

The cost of buying freehold title for leasehold house on 999 years lease should be around 18-20 times the annual ground rent.

This figure comes from a previous FTT decision in 2017.

So make an offer pitched at 700 pounds to buy the freehold title.

Comment

Wow! Thank you. Hopefully they come back with something like that!! Otherwise we'll be hiring someone to negotiate

Comment

The details of FTT case below should help you to negotiate.

The annual ground rent was 5 pds p.a on 800 years lease and FTT decided the cost to pay at 80 pds. ( = 16 times GR ) :

https://decisions.lease-advice.org//...1-1000/983.pdf

Comment

Thank you, I'll have a read

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freeholder duties
                  FreeH1
                  I am trying to sell my flat for which I have a shared freehold with the 2 other flats in the block.

Today I have been informed that one of the freeholders is refusing to complete and return the TR1 (and another form I believe is the PR1?). Without this we are unable to continue with the...
                  15-02-2019, 18:49 PM
                • Reply to Freeholder duties
                  FreeH1
                  Thanks for your response.

We don’t really want to retain a share of the freehold and we are selling the flat as share of freehold. I would assume if we decided to keep the share of freehold the buyer may reduce their offer?

The other form is a LPE1 form.

Could...
                  15-02-2019, 20:38 PM
                • Replacing RMC with RTM
                  Centurino
                  In seven days time we have a residents meeting to decide on the future of our apartment blocks; one with nine apartments, one with four apartments, thirteen total. They are about three meters apart physically. Our freeholder liquidated in 2012 and the lender took over as default who then set up an RMC...
                  11-02-2019, 16:11 PM
                • Reply to Replacing RMC with RTM
                  Centurino
                  Excerpts from my Lease below:

Lease Between:

BUILDER/FREEHOLDER LIMITED (called "the Lessor") of the first part EXAMPLE MANAGEMENT LIMITED (called "the Management Company" of the second part ME (called "the Lessee") of the third part
                  15-02-2019, 20:33 PM
                • Reply to Freeholder duties
                  leaseholder64
                  TR1 sounds like the Land Registry transfer form. The freeholder wouldn't to have to sign this for the leasehold, so I assume it is being done to transfer the share of the freehold, in which case you could assign the leasehold without but retain your share of the freehold.
                  15-02-2019, 20:16 PM
                • Reply to Replacing RMC with RTM
                  Centurino
                  Yes, the lender is now the acting freeholder by default but the Land Registry still lists the builder/original freeholder. And that is my major concern that the freeholder will one day flog this site for cheap and the 6 leases not connected to the RMC could be in trouble.

The freehold was...
                  15-02-2019, 18:23 PM
                • Sublet consent and renewal fee
                  Emma87KT
                  Hi,

I lived in the flat about 7 years, then moved out and let it out about 2 years now. Recently, the managment company is changed. And new managment company sent letter to request consent of subletting fee ( £80) according below clause in the lease. And they said after first consent period,...
                  08-02-2019, 16:22 PM
                • Reply to Sublet consent and renewal fee
                  eagle2
                  As previously stated, the management company is not entitled to charge you unless there is a new tenancy agreement. Only then are you required to serve a notice and pay a registration fee. If 5 years have elapsed, the registration fee may be increased from the original figure of £40.00 but it must...
                  15-02-2019, 16:55 PM
                • Freeholder worst-case on a leasehold house
                  Telometer
                  I should be grateful for your thoughts please. The ground rent was £10 per half year, with no provision for increase. The lease is for 999 years from 1970. The landlord is a notorious ground-rent company.

The lease states "Not at any time hereafter without the consent of the Lessors...
                  16-01-2019, 18:45 PM
                • Reply to Freeholder worst-case on a leasehold house
                  Telometer
                  Thank you Gordon999
                  15-02-2019, 16:45 PM
                Working...
                X