Can I amend S42 notice - Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I amend S42 notice - Help!

I am considering buying a flat with a 52 year kease for £330k yet the seller has put £100k in S42 notice ie fst too higjh They want to assign to me but can it be withdrawn even though seller put 10pct down?

Thankd

Latest Activity

Collapse

• ownership of loft space
    katya000
    Hello,I own a long leasehold purpose built edwardian maisonette on the first floor of a 2 storey building.There is a similar flat below me.The attic is directly above my flat and only accesible from my flat.
    my lease includes the roof and i have to maintain the roof and can recover 50% of any...
    19-10-2018, 10:17 AM
  • Reply to ownership of loft space
    Lawcruncher
    If you read this thread: https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...-in-the-lease= you will see I refer to section 62 of the Law of Property Act 1925. In many cases section 62(2)...
    19-10-2018, 11:23 AM
  • Management fees
    desamax
    Hi our lease states the FH can take 15% of total expenditure for management fees.
    They have set up a separate company and have charged ££3.5k on £16k expenditure.
    Is this allowed within the clause in our lease below.
    Thanks

"To pay the cost of any managing agents...
    07-09-2018, 10:21 AM
  • Reply to Management fees
    eagle2
    Yes, it is better to separate the request for recognition from the request for information, If you expect to apply to the FTT, it is better to have clean correspondence without other issues complicating the matter.
    19-10-2018, 11:21 AM
    desamax
    Will do that Eagle, if it helps move thing on.
    19-10-2018, 10:54 AM
    desamax
    The request was made alongside the request for formal recognition of the newly formed RTA, that 83% of leaseholders have signed up to, 5 of the 6 flats, There are long running disputes mainly maintenance Issues and fees overcharging on the FH part, that they dismiss but its there in black and white....
    19-10-2018, 10:52 AM
    eagle2
    If that is the case, it is a simple matter to send 2 separate emails, one asking for the RTA to be recognised and a second one from a leaseholder asking for the information
    19-10-2018, 10:47 AM
    leaseholder64
    He wasn't making the request as a leaseholder, but as an RTA. I don't know why he didn't make a request as an individual leaseholder, but as an RTA, the RTA has to be be recognized by the freeholder, and the freeholder can withdraw that recognition at any time, except if an FTT has ruled that the TA...
    19-10-2018, 10:32 AM
    eagle2
    Their response is absurd, as a leaseholder you are entitled to receive the information requested. A separate legal entity appears to manage the property and a reasonable management fee for the service provided may be recovered under the service charge provisions. The freeholder is not entitled to charge...
    19-10-2018, 10:08 AM
    desamax
    Thanks Gordon999 we are aware the FH MA are one and the same, I made that point in my first post. What we cant understand is that they think they can do as they please, and to comment we are not fit to be involved in the RTA without is ludicrous....
    19-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Working...
X