Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to get a LH quote is expensive

Hi all
    I have just had my annual request for leasehold payment which is just over £4 on a 999 year lease.
    The cost to just get a quote to buy the lease hold is £96 which is 22 x the annual leasehold cost.
    is this excessive or can they justify it for the administration work
    Thanks in advance for your input
    Bri

You mean 4 single pound coins a year?

Do you mean buy the freehold?

Comment

If you go to Land Registry Online, you can buy a copy of the leasehold title for your address for £3 credit card to download . This should show that you are the holder of the leasehold title.

Then you should pay £3 for copy of the freehold title and check if that title covers your house only or more houses along your side of the street. and if the name of freeholder is correct.

The cost of buying the "freehold title" should be around 20 x £4 GR ( based on FTT judgements ) but I am not sure what are the legal costs.

But there is nothing to stop you making an offer in writing say " £80 for the freehold title + £200 contribution for FH legal costs" and see what is their response.

Comment

This case may help you .

https://decisions.lease-advice.org//...1-1000/983.pdf

Comment

Sorry for not being clearer yes £4 per year ground rent and iam thinking of buying the freehold.
          Thanks for ll your help
          Bri

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X