Leasehold Length shown on Land Registry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasehold Length shown on Land Registry

I'm in the process of buying a leasehold flat....(first time buyer, so haven't dealt with this before, and don't know anyone who has bought a leasehold property).

The Land Registry Property Register only shows the original lease, which has approx. 50 years to run.
    It mentions that the lease was varied and that there is a 'copy deed filed' - but the document itself is not shown on the land registry online.
    However, the vendor's solicitor has supplied a copy of this deed (made in the 1990s), which amends the original lease from 99 to 999 years.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing is normal, or should the Land Registry Title be updated to show the length of the modified lease? Should the variation deed be available online?

My bank has claimed that there isn't enough time left in the lease for a mortgage - and they ask if there is an extension which is not yet registered. I had already sent them a copy of the variation deed, but I genuinely don't know if they actually read it, or if there is some problem with this particular setup that needs additional registration.

(I have asked the bank what the problem is with the deed, but they typically take several days to reply, and I am trying to move things along...)
    Thanks for any insights!

(I know it's not strictly landlord related, but I figure that someone here will have experience of these things).

The deed of variation creates a new lease and the extended duration should be shown on the Land Registry.

For additional deeds, you have to complete an application form, and, I think, pay £9. Only the title register and title plan can be ordered with just point and click.

Comment

Ok, thanks very much for the quick response.
      As the extended duration is not shown, is this something I need to ask the vendors to sort out? Or should my bank accept a copy of the deed?

Comment

I would think they would expect the vendor to sort it out. I doubt they would accept anything short of an official copy from the Land Registry, for registered land, but I'd expect them to play safe and wait until the Land Registry shows an acceptable answer.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help. I had assumed that it was just my bank being difficult, as they often are.
          However, the vendor's solicitor is now taking this up with the land registry, so hopefully it will be fixed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Management fees
            desamax
            Hi our lease states the FH can take 15% of total expenditure for management fees.
            They have set up a separate company and have charged ££3.5k on £16k expenditure.
            Is this allowed within the clause in our lease below.
            Thanks

"To pay the cost of any managing agents...
            07-09-2018, 10:21 AM
          • Reply to Management fees
            leaseholder64
            He wasn't making the request as a leaseholder, but as an RTA. I don't know why he didn't make a request as an individual leaseholder, but as an RTA, the RTA has to be be recognized by the freeholder, and the freeholder can withdraw that recognition at any time, except if an FTT has ruled that the TA...
            19-10-2018, 10:32 AM
          • ownership of loft space
            katya000
            Hello,I own a long leasehold purpose built edwardian maisonette on the first floor of a 2 storey building.There is a similar flat below me.The attic is directly above my flat and only accesible from my flat.
            my lease includes the roof and i have to maintain the roof and can recover 50% of any...
            19-10-2018, 10:17 AM
            eagle2
            Their response is absurd, as a leaseholder you are entitled to receive the information requested. A separate legal entity appears to manage the property and a reasonable management fee for the service provided may be recovered under the service charge provisions. The freeholder is not entitled to charge...
            19-10-2018, 10:08 AM
            desamax
            Thanks Gordon999 we are aware the FH MA are one and the same, I made that point in my first post. What we cant understand is that they think they can do as they please, and to comment we are not fit to be involved in the RTA without is ludicrous....
            19-10-2018, 09:26 AM
            desamax
            This is edited post #20 i was asked to remove names............

Furthermore would you be kind enough to provide us with the following information,

1. Copy of the Management agreement between Estates Limited & (Asset Management) Limited.

2. Please supply...
            19-10-2018, 07:07 AM
          • 3 flats: 2 Joint Freeholders, 1 Long-Leaseholder, Request to inspect the Accounts
            Novice Freeholder
            I am a joint freeholder of 3 flats (converted house).
            The Leaseholder has written to the other joint Freeholder requesting to see the accounts.
            The Leaseholder knows that I hold the accounts, but has not sent me the Section 22 Notice.
            She has my current address.
            I understand...
            18-10-2018, 12:04 PM
          • Reply to 3 flats: 2 Joint Freeholders, 1 Long-Leaseholder, Request to inspect the Accounts
            eagle2
            Above all else, you should comply with the terms of the lease.

You should prepare service charge accounts for each accounting period and these should be distributed to all leaseholders. See 7.10 of the RICS code of practice.

A summary of relevant costs under s21 LTA 1985 requires...
            19-10-2018, 06:46 AM
          • Management company got rid of my stuff
            WEw152
            My Mum has a long leasehold property. She offered to store our winter wheels for the car in the cellar where people were storing bikes and garden furniture. We did not see any signage to indicate that we weren't allowed to store things down there, and the pile of other people's stuff meant that we...
            18-10-2018, 18:58 PM
          • Reply to Management company got rid of my stuff
            eagle2
            I am surprised that you agreed to store valuables in an insecure area and apparently without permission. On the other hand, the management company had a duty to enquire who owned the alloy wheels, request that they be removed and give proper warning before they were disposed. You should enquire how...
            19-10-2018, 06:45 AM
          Working...
          X