Leasehold Length shown on Land Registry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasehold Length shown on Land Registry

I'm in the process of buying a leasehold flat....(first time buyer, so haven't dealt with this before, and don't know anyone who has bought a leasehold property).

The Land Registry Property Register only shows the original lease, which has approx. 50 years to run.
    It mentions that the lease was varied and that there is a 'copy deed filed' - but the document itself is not shown on the land registry online.
    However, the vendor's solicitor has supplied a copy of this deed (made in the 1990s), which amends the original lease from 99 to 999 years.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing is normal, or should the Land Registry Title be updated to show the length of the modified lease? Should the variation deed be available online?

My bank has claimed that there isn't enough time left in the lease for a mortgage - and they ask if there is an extension which is not yet registered. I had already sent them a copy of the variation deed, but I genuinely don't know if they actually read it, or if there is some problem with this particular setup that needs additional registration.

(I have asked the bank what the problem is with the deed, but they typically take several days to reply, and I am trying to move things along...)
    Thanks for any insights!

(I know it's not strictly landlord related, but I figure that someone here will have experience of these things).

The deed of variation creates a new lease and the extended duration should be shown on the Land Registry.

For additional deeds, you have to complete an application form, and, I think, pay £9. Only the title register and title plan can be ordered with just point and click.

Comment

Ok, thanks very much for the quick response.
      As the extended duration is not shown, is this something I need to ask the vendors to sort out? Or should my bank accept a copy of the deed?

Comment

I would think they would expect the vendor to sort it out. I doubt they would accept anything short of an official copy from the Land Registry, for registered land, but I'd expect them to play safe and wait until the Land Registry shows an acceptable answer.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help. I had assumed that it was just my bank being difficult, as they often are.
          However, the vendor's solicitor is now taking this up with the land registry, so hopefully it will be fixed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• £150 late penalty fee
            amog78
            Our company has recently been charged £150 late penalty fee for failing to file our accounts on time. The person responsible for this refused to sign our accounts as he had resigned as a Director (although the accounts document had his name on it). The former Director made no attempt to inform anyone...
            21-05-2018, 16:33 PM
          • Reply to £150 late penalty fee
            AndrewDod
            Exactly. Service charge ledgers are never/should never be filed --- they have nothing to do with the Company as such. The Company (whether dormant or otherwise) still has to file accounts (even if dormant accounts). Failure to file accounts leads to an automatic initial £150 fine. Failure to file the...
            26-05-2018, 09:17 AM
          • Successful RTM claim
            skidder
            Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can be of assistance.

Cutting a long story short we have managed to obtain the RTM from a very aggressive freeholder. The right will transfer to us in August.

It is a small block of four converted one bedroom flats

We have...
            24-05-2018, 14:03 PM
          • Reply to Successful RTM claim
            skidder
            Thanks again Gordon999. Appreciated.

Yes I have last years Insurance policy which has the rebuild value and a terrorism clause.Shall l add the RPI to the price?

If you have time to read the below I would be very happy. In the meantime I have ordered this book:

26-05-2018, 08:47 AM
            leaseholder64
            Even freeholdingt RMCs don't have to file service charge accounts. Even dormant ones have to file statutory dormant accounts.

However, if does make one wonder if they are failing to implement L&T 1987 S42, or at least mixing the service charge and company monies.
            26-05-2018, 08:46 AM
          • Just to get a LH quote is expensive
            Brikel
            Hi all
            I have just had my annual request for leasehold payment which is just over £4 on a 999 year lease.
            The cost to just get a quote to buy the lease hold is £96 which is 22 x the annual leasehold cost.
            is this excessive or can they justify it for the administration work
            24-05-2018, 16:17 PM
          • Reply to Just to get a LH quote is expensive
            Brikel
            Sorry for not being clearer yes £4 per year ground rent and iam thinking of buying the freehold.
            Thanks for ll your help
            Bri...
            26-05-2018, 07:46 AM
          • Reply to Just to get a LH quote is expensive
            Gordon999
            This case may help you .

https://decisions.lease-advice.org//...1-1000/983.pdf
            26-05-2018, 02:58 AM
            Gordon999
            Is the company a freehold company receiving ground rent or RTM company responsible for the service charge only ?

RTM companies are usually dormant companies and don't need file any annual service charge account....
            26-05-2018, 02:53 AM
          • Reply to Successful RTM claim
            Gordon999
            Yes. This Code is the standard applied by FTT to judge the service of managing agents.

For fire regulations. you need to contact your local Fire station for the safety officer.

The buildings insurance is usually insured for the declared re-instatement value which is calculated...
            26-05-2018, 02:39 AM
          Working...
          X