Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Maintenance Company Refusing to Hand Over Accounts

Hi there,

I'm new to these forums, so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Myself and other leaseholders went through the RTM process last year as we weren't satisfied with the current maintenance company. During the process the original maintenance company tried everything to make sure we didn't succeed. They filed a Counter Notice with a nonsense reason and then withdrew it just before the tribunal, and later they also tried to not recognise the date for the RTM handover. Thankfully we now have the RTM in place and have appointed a maintenance company to run the services.

However, we now have the problem that the original maintenance company are now ignoring us when it comes to the handover of accounts and any surplus funds.
    Individual Directors of the RTM company, the Director of the new maintenance company and their accountants have all tried to reason with the company to no effect. Any advice on how to deal with this situation would be really appreciated!

Do what I did, you take them to court for theft, of property and money, if the following does not get results.

2 of you ( Directors ) go to the old maintenance company, armed with proof that the management of the premises is now you.. You are directors of xyz company, and you farm out the running of the premises.
    You are the legal persons responsible for the leaseholders cash, company records, emails they have, communications, bank account details etc etc,
    And you demand the instant hand over of all company records to your company ( not the agents )

If they do not hand anything over or still refuse to do anything, you get on the phone, in their offices, dial 999 and reprt a theft of company accounts and money. ( you will have a rough idea how much leaseholder monies should be in the bank.)

All else has failed, therefore you have no other option but to do above,

You are in the right, they are in the wrong.

Let us know Tuesday how you got on.
    You take time off on Monday to go there.
    It's an emergency, as your money has been stolen.

Comment

Additional to my post number 2.

Has the freeholder told the old managing agent that they are no longer to be employed by him.
      Usually the freeholder had a company that owned the freehold, and that company delt with the running of the company, via employing an agent.

The freeholder will still own the building, and issue leases as and when required, but no longer has the authority to to manage the place as that is now transferred to you, the R.T.M. company.
      The freeholder is still responsible to make sure the R.T.M. company.
      If you don't perform your duties in accordance ihe the law, then he can get back control.

I would not be surprised if the freeholder is connected to the old M.A. ! ?

Comment

It may be quicker to report "stolen bookkeeping records" by the old Management Co to the your Police Station.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• RTM Director Conflict of Interest
          Hemendr
          Hi,
          I am a leaseholder of building with 87 flats. We created our own management company RTM company to manage our building. The process of creating the RTM was led by two leaseholders who then convinced 45 other leaseholders to become a member of that RTM company. They appointed themselves as...
          21-10-2018, 08:35 AM
        • Reply to RTM Director Conflict of Interest
          eagle2
          You have raised a large number of points.

How do 2 of 87 leaseholders manage to have more than 50% of the voting rights?

If the directors were properly appointed, they have the right to make decisions on behalf of the RTM without consulting the other leaseholders on each o...
          21-10-2018, 09:52 AM
        • Unwanted Dogs
          leaseman2014
          A few months ago we had reason to send a solicitors letter to a long lease holder because she was keeping a dog in her flat. It was not her dog but her daughters
          Our lease states this
          1. Not without the previous consent in writing of the Lessors (which consent may be revoked at any time without
          19-10-2018, 18:57 PM
        • Reply to Unwanted Dogs
          Benzo
          It doesn't really matter what you want, it's what the lease says that's important, and the lease says she can't keep dogs without permission of the freeholder. Usually such permission should not be unreasonably withheld, and I imagine the FTT would take that view. So yes, if I were you I'd be very careful...
          21-10-2018, 08:44 AM
        • Boundary wall maintenance query
          Interlaken
          In England, a block of 4 purpose built 1906 flats A, B, C, D where the freehold is owned by the leaseholders. It is a corner site having a boundary with side road. That boundary has an original wall with gate (originally for coal delivery etc). All the leases are slightly different and ambiguous...
          21-10-2018, 08:38 AM
        • Freehold consent for extension
          rbtynter
          Hi- hope someone can help with advice.

Situation:
          I own a garden (sole-use of garden) flat in converted terrace house. I have a share of freehold split equally between all of the flats in the building through a management company that each flat owns an equal share of.
          I...
          23-03-2013, 10:59 AM
        • Reply to Freehold consent for extension
          Gordon999
          yes, freeholders can refuse consent to alterations and you should all sign some letter and send it by registered post to the new leaseholder.
          21-10-2018, 08:23 AM
        • Rubbish not collected; rodents; management company doesn't care, ditto Bristol CC.
          randal_bond
          Hi, forum. URGENT! How can we enforce our rights to rubbish-free house? Maybe, somebody versed in law can help.

Basement lock-up area is designated for leaving rubbish in wheelie-bins provided.They are full and bin bags are left on the floor everywhere, and the number is increasing (about...
          18-10-2018, 07:46 AM
        • Reply to Rubbish not collected; rodents; management company doesn't care, ditto Bristol CC.
          njs889333
          Hi,

I would simply contact the Fire Safety Officer for the area and ask them to visit the development.

From the pictures attached there is a definite risk of arson and the management company who you state do not care would soon take action, as the responsible person of which...
          20-10-2018, 23:44 PM
        • Reply to Freehold consent for extension
          Clare McDowall
          Hello - I have the opposite problem my new neighbours want to build a 3m extension underneath our living room windows. They do not own the external walls under the lease. The lease contains two provisions one states that the leaseholder must not cut, maim or injure any structural walls, roofs or parts,...
          20-10-2018, 23:07 PM
        Working...
        X